watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

..FOF..

looks like our fight for 2nd place in the championship will be delayed till about April with our late or non existence new signing.

I have no doubt about us being in the top 6 with the current squad, as long as there is no drastic departure :)

EJL

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on January 16, 2018, 07:28:01 PM
For what it's worth, it appears as though the Newcastle takeover is off, meaning Ashley probably won't be investing in the squad, meaning Gayle will probably stay at Newcastle

Alternatively, it might mean Newcastle and Benitez will have to sell to buy, so Gayle could be off if everything comes together (unlike the end of the summer window).

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 16, 2018, 07:31:49 PM
Talksport....With Cameron Jerome signing for Derby that leaves the door open for Fulham to sign Nelson Oliveira,this could take place in next few days blah blah blah.
Dwight Gayle has no intention of leaving Newcastle at this time apparently.

Sounds odd. This week , Norwich have sold Jerome and Pritchard, then loaned out Martin and Wildschut.Doubt the door would be open for more departures especially their joint highest scorer, with the other one gone too. Think Derby signing someone means the door is open for Chris Martin, don't see any reason in stockpiling strikers. Then again Slav rarely sees the reason for strikers 😂

..FOF..

Quote from: Newry FFC on January 17, 2018, 02:53:57 AM
....Then again Slav rarely sees the reason for strikers 😂

Just do a search for "jokanovic need striker".... he have been "throwing tantrum" about it for years :)

Here >> https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=jokanovic+need+striker&ei=2MVeWpScL4aj0gSI0Zz4DQ&start=10&sa=N&biw=1921&bih=1276

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Newry FFC on January 17, 2018, 02:53:57 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 16, 2018, 07:31:49 PM
Talksport....With Cameron Jerome signing for Derby that leaves the door open for Fulham to sign Nelson Oliveira,this could take place in next few days blah blah blah.
Dwight Gayle has no intention of leaving Newcastle at this time apparently.

Sounds odd. This week , Norwich have sold Jerome and Pritchard, then loaned out Martin and Wildschut.Doubt the door would be open for more departures especially their joint highest scorer, with the other one gone too. Think Derby signing someone means the door is open for Chris Martin, don't see any reason in stockpiling strikers. Then again Slav rarely sees the reason for strikers 😂

Most of what Talksport say is odd,but they have got a couple right the last week.

davew

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 16, 2018, 09:20:41 PM
From Twitter, so make of it what you will....

@torrelevantecf

Í k e r

Estará durante esta semana realizando pruebas en el Fulham FC Official inglés.

Sin duda, una alegría para la Escuela del Torre Levante, que le ha formado y que ve como uno de los nuestros llama la atención de clubes de tanto nivel.

¡Suerte @Iker10duran!

Sounds like Iker Duran from Levante is either undergoing his medical this week or on trial. Did a little look up. He's from their academy system, Bolivian and at least twice called their academy's "Messi".

So there you have it......this window's possible "Who?!!" signing. Just a couple of loans to be completed and our window will be complete.
Let's hope the translation is correct and he is not a messer!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

flyingfish

Quote from: davew on January 17, 2018, 08:53:25 AM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 16, 2018, 09:20:41 PM
From Twitter, so make of it what you will....

@torrelevantecf

Í k e r

Estará durante esta semana realizando pruebas en el Fulham FC Official inglés.

Sin duda, una alegría para la Escuela del Torre Levante, que le ha formado y que ve como uno de los nuestros llama la atención de clubes de tanto nivel.

¡Suerte @Iker10duran!

Sounds like Iker Duran from Levante is either undergoing his medical this week or on trial. Did a little look up. He's from their academy system, Bolivian and at least twice called their academy's "Messi".

So there you have it......this window's possible "Who?!!" signing. Just a couple of loans to be completed and our window will be complete.
Let's hope the translation is correct and he is not a messer!

Or a misser

howitis

Jerome great value at 1.5m
Oliveira of Norwich would be another Potuguese disaster. Not rated by either Notts Forest or Norwich fans. Surely FFC wouldn't follow up Fonte with him ??
Gayle would be a very positive statement and would get us goals. Proven and British -good combo.
Would welcome some young current champ players or lower league players who could make the step up. They are definitely there, we just don't have the scouting or desire to make these things happen.
Would also like some experience within the ranks.

Joseffc

Ex-Fulham man Kostas Stafylidis looks set to join Stoke on loan until the end of the season as Paul Lambert's first signature.

Given that he is likely to have matured since we had him and our troubles at LB, would you have taken him back on loan?

JoelH5

Quote from: Joseffc on January 17, 2018, 01:45:19 PM
Ex-Fulham man Kostas Stafylidis looks set to join Stoke on loan until the end of the season as Paul Lambert's first signature.

Given that he is likely to have matured since we had him and our troubles at LB, would you have taken him back on loan?

Yes
I was there, standing in the Putney end

DevonFFC

EricB

Good news from the Birmingham Mail .... Looks like TC will be staying here

West Bromwich Albion face an uphill battle to land Tom Cairney, if the Fulham midfielder's comments about his future are anything to go by.

The Baggies are said to have approached the Championship side with an opening offer of around £12million and are willing to pay up to £15million.

Alan Pardew wants to add a creative spark to his side this month as he bids to guide Albion to safety and Cairney is regarded as one of the brightest talents outside the Premier League.

The 26-year-old, however, says he is happy where he is having signed a one-year contract extension in July which runs until 2021.

When asked recently by FulhamFCTV if he wishes to stay at Craven Cottage beyond January, he said: "Yeah, of course.

"I had it last summer (transfer speculation).

"I signed a contract extension in the summer and I can't do much more than that to commit my future to the club.

"I'm happy here, I love it here, and I want to stay here."

Fulham rejected a £20million bid from Newcastle United for Cairney in the summer window.

The Scotland international has made 17 appearances in the Championship since, scoring once.

"You can't put a price on happiness," Cairney told the Evening Standard last month.

"Last season I was extremely happy on and off the pitch and that's when you play your best football. I wanted to show my happiness to the fans, let them know that I want to be here and try to take Fulham forward
"I love playing football here. That's what I want to do.

"I feel a responsibility to Fulham. It's been great ever since I arrived. I enjoy playing football, I really enjoy playing it at the Cottage and long may it continue."

Cairney joined Fulham from Hull City for around £3million in 2015 and has played 108 matches for the Whites.

JoelH5

Quote from: EricB on January 17, 2018, 03:00:06 PM
Good news from the Birmingham Mail .... Looks like TC will be staying here

West Bromwich Albion face an uphill battle to land Tom Cairney, if the Fulham midfielder's comments about his future are anything to go by.

The Baggies are said to have approached the Championship side with an opening offer of around £12million and are willing to pay up to £15million.

Alan Pardew wants to add a creative spark to his side this month as he bids to guide Albion to safety and Cairney is regarded as one of the brightest talents outside the Premier League.

The 26-year-old, however, says he is happy where he is having signed a one-year contract extension in July which runs until 2021.

When asked recently by FulhamFCTV if he wishes to stay at Craven Cottage beyond January, he said: "Yeah, of course.

"I had it last summer (transfer speculation).

"I signed a contract extension in the summer and I can't do much more than that to commit my future to the club.

"I'm happy here, I love it here, and I want to stay here."

Fulham rejected a £20million bid from Newcastle United for Cairney in the summer window.

The Scotland international has made 17 appearances in the Championship since, scoring once.

"You can't put a price on happiness," Cairney told the Evening Standard last month.

"Last season I was extremely happy on and off the pitch and that's when you play your best football. I wanted to show my happiness to the fans, let them know that I want to be here and try to take Fulham forward
"I love playing football here. That's what I want to do.

"I feel a responsibility to Fulham. It's been great ever since I arrived. I enjoy playing football, I really enjoy playing it at the Cottage and long may it continue."

Cairney joined Fulham from Hull City for around £3million in 2015 and has played 108 matches for the Whites.

£3 million! I forgot how cheap he was. Can we all agree we sometimes get it right? One of our best buys in the last 10 years i'd say.  049:gif
I was there, standing in the Putney end

supersimmo123

He also joined from Blackburn. That article is a load of cods. I would hold my breath until the last minute of the window to be honest.

grandad

What on earth would TC want to go to Trump Bromwich Albion.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Matt10

Yeah, I never saw TC as leaving us. I remember in the interviews he's done, he's very happy where he's at. Long may it continue!

Bracken White

Getting Gayle would be a coup, highly unlikely though and most certainly not at the expense of Cairney. But we still need a striker & CH together with Cameron Borthwick-Jackson & perhaps Iker Duran.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

mkras99

Report: Brighton & Hove Albion, Fulham and Norwich City enquire about Edwin Gyasi - available at initial £600,000
Aiden Cusick @aidencusick55 minutes ago

Brighton & Hove Albion, Fulham and Norwich City are the latest English clubs to be linked with a move for the Ghanaian international.

Brighton manager Chris Hughton gestures from the sideline during the Premier League match between Newcastle United and Brighton and Hove Albion at St. James Park on December 30, 2017 in...

Brighton & Hove Albion, Fulham and Norwich City have enquired about Aalesund winger Edwin Gyasi, according to the Daily Mail [live blog entry 16:49].

Championship trio Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday are said to have already discussed signing Gyasi.

Chris Coleman, manager of Sunderland during The Emirates FA Cup Third Round match between Middlesbrough and Sunderland at the Riverside Stadium on January 6, 2018 in Middlesbrough, England.

However, it is claimed that Sunderland wanted the Ghanaian on loan, while Aalesund favour a permanent deal.

The report adds the Norwegian club are willing to accept £600,000 up front for Gyasi, who is out of contract at the end of 2018, with add-ons which could take their potential earnings to more than £1 million.

That asking price is said to have 'alerted others' to the possibility of signing the 26-year-old, and Brighton, Fulham and Norwich appear to have seized the initiative - making contact with Aalesund.

Though only capped twice by Ghana, Gyasi, who scored or created 10 goals in 27 league games last season, would not require a work permit to move to English football, having been born and raised in the Netherlands.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/17/report-brighton-hove-albion-fulham-and-norwich-city-enquire-abou/?utm_medium=share%20service&utm_campaign=social%20media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

We Are Premier League

I think jon walters could do a job for us, sounds like he is on the move

Aldo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 16, 2018, 08:04:28 PM
Quote from: davew on January 16, 2018, 07:53:26 PM
So in summary, the news today is no news really, just more speculation!

I have to announce that actually there is news, and the news is that there isn't any news.

Well that's news to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk