The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twang

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on January 23, 2018, 09:14:55 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 21, 2018, 02:04:21 PM
Quote from: filham on January 21, 2018, 01:24:12 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 20, 2018, 08:18:04 PM
Was told at the game today,don't know if its pie in the sky or what,but the chap I've spoken to a few times at games said we've had 2 bids for Hughill of Preston turned down.
Haven't seen anything from club or rumours pages on this at all,but I suppose we don't get to know about every bid we make.
We would do well to prise Hugill away from Preston. Keep in touch with your source, he could be more reliable than all the speculative media people who seem to do a lot of recycling of old speculative material..

Jordan Hugill is the best chance we have of recruiting a decent forward before the Window closes.

Sess has scored more goals this season than Hugill, also he didn't play well on Saturday against Birmingham and was subbed in the 57th minute. Perhaps his head was in the wrong place with FFC on his mind!

That's some influence Fulham have on his head then as he went of with a concussion!

Sir Craven

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on January 23, 2018, 07:43:05 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 22, 2018, 06:32:41 PM
Martin wants to come back to Fulham and not go to Sunderland.... Don't think Slava wants him back?

Is this true ?

Martin is now 29 (over the 28 age limit for new signings)

Fernhurst

Thank the Lordy!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

hovewhite

Quote from: Fernhurst on January 23, 2018, 09:39:49 AM

Thank the Lordy!

And he blew it,what goes around comes round Chris!

Hoppus

Quote from: Fernhurst on January 23, 2018, 09:39:49 AM

Thank the Lordy!

I just read that Martin want to come to Fulham, source? Do Fulham want him? A guy who refused to play last season.

Holders

Quote from: Statto on January 23, 2018, 10:19:53 AM
Still think Martin would be a great signing. With Kamara, Fonte, Martin you'd have strength in depth in that position and 3 different player types for different situations and tactics. Ok Martin isn't the top quality marquee signing we may have wanted but let's be honest, he's as good as the other two I've just mentioned. The only reason I can't see happening is Derby won't want to strengthen a rival.

Agree with all of that except would just add that I don't think Martin would be good enough for the PL, should we be successful this year.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

grandad

If we are into the last hour of the window & we have not signed another striker I would take Martin back but he would have to be totally committed to us. He would also have to have his electric gates serviced.
Where there's a will there's a wife

snarks

I repeat what I said before. If Slav says yes to Martin that's ok with me - loan only though

One James stannard

Quote from: grandad on January 23, 2018, 11:08:11 AM
If we are into the last hour of the window & we have not signed another striker I would take Martin back but he would have to be totally committed to us. He would also have to have his electric gates serviced.

Wasn't that Ross McCormack?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Yes, have him back for 6 months to help us get promotion.
We're a fickle lot, as soon as he bangs a couple of goals in we'll forget the Reading thingy
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

cmg

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on January 23, 2018, 02:06:57 PM
We're a fickle lot, as soon as he bangs a couple of goals in we'll forget the Reading thingy

But that's the problem, Roger (or one of the many problems as I see it). In the 1000+ minutes he has been on a football field since returning to Derby he has banged in a total of ONE goal. Assists? He has managed one of those as well.

David I

Quote from: cmg on January 23, 2018, 02:17:24 PM

But that's the problem, Roger (or one of the many problems as I see it). In the 1000+ minutes he has been on a football field since returning to Derby he has banged in a total of ONE goal. Assists? He has managed one of those as well.
Exactly..... really don't see why some on here keep banging on about him....

Derby are getting rid for a reason?! that coupled with his work effort, he doesn't fit our style of play  and his off the ball movement was a kin to an asthmatic snail, suffering the worst asthma attack known to man. 

Twig

Why would we want a player who is clearly over the top and felt he was too good for us? We can and must do far better than that washed up has been.  Sorry, but I let my emotions show a bit there, fact is I just don't want to ever again see him in a Fulham shirt.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: One James stannard on January 23, 2018, 02:00:42 PM
Quote from: grandad on January 23, 2018, 11:08:11 AM

Wasn't that Ross McCormack?

Yes it was.
Perhaps Martin has moved in with him, and there both now locked in.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Tonywa

Still think Martin would be a great signing. With Kamara, Fonte, Martin you'd have strength in depth in that position and 3 different player types for different situations and tactics. Ok Martin isn't the top quality marquee signing we may have wanted but let's be honest, he's as good as the other two I've just mentioned. The only reason I can't see happening is Derby won't want to strengthen a rival.

Totally agree with you. For all his faults Martin did a good job last season and offers something different from our current strikers. He knows our style of play so he could fit in straight away.and he's highly experienced in the Championship. OK he's only scored one goal this season, but hadn't only got one in twenty plus games before he joined us last season and he still managed to hit the net fairly regularly?

choice_of_ends

Quote from: Tonywa on January 23, 2018, 03:17:44 PM

Totally agree with you. For all his faults Martin did a good job last season and offers something different from our current strikers. He knows our style of play so he could fit in straight away.and he's highly experienced in the Championship. OK he's only scored one goal this season, but hadn't only got one in twenty plus games before he joined us last season and he still managed to hit the net fairly regularly?
If Joka trusts Martin, he would be a great signing. No acclimatisation, he would be directly in the team. We would have an additional strategic option.

And furthermore, which fault?
What if Kline told Martin last year, he wouldn't get any permanent contract after loan?! At that time Jokanovic said, he had no influence on recruitment. This could explain Martin's reaction.

Anyway, if Martin scores the deciding goal for promotion, fine.

General

Quote from: Statto on January 23, 2018, 04:10:06 PM
Quote from: cmg on January 23, 2018, 02:17:24 PM

I always want people to judge me by what I can do when I'm fired up, not the points in my life when I've been unhappy or couldn't be arsed with whatever I was doing. We know Martin has it in his locker. He hasn't suddenly become a less inherently talented player

+1 liked the very eloquent first sentence in particular and struck an accord to me personally too. Thanks for that

Riversider

Let's look at this from another angle, for those advocating Chris Martin, who would you leave out for him ?
For those supporting the return of Martin, who would be in your front 3 ?

Me personally there is nobody in our current squad that I would be happy to drop to accommodate Martin, but that's just my opinion but what's yours ?

Exactly 12 months ago some on here were all up for signing him for £9 million 😅🤣😂