more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choice_of_ends

Quote from: Riversider on January 23, 2018, 05:08:52 PM
Let's look at this from another angle, for those advocating Chris Martin, who would you leave out for him ?
For those supporting the return of Martin, who would be in your front 3 ?

Me personally there is nobody in our current squad that I would be happy to drop to accommodate Martin, but that's just my opinion but what's yours ?

Exactly 12 months ago some on here were all up for signing him for Β£9 million πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
It's not about leaving somebody out of the Starting XI or matchday squad. It about adding options if the current line-up doesn't work - as it happened many times in the first half of his season. In my opinion we are quite short in options with our wealth of wingers.

Riversider

Quote from: choice_of_ends on January 23, 2018, 05:30:15 PM
Let's look at this from another angle, for those advocating Chris Martin, who would you leave out for him ?

Me personally there is nobody in our current squad that I would be happy to drop to accommodate Martin, but that's just my opinion but what's yours ?

Exactly 12 months ago some on here were all up for signing him for Β£9 million πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
It's not about leaving somebody out of the Starting XI or matchday squad. It about adding options if the current line-up doesn't work - as it happened many times in the first half of his season. In my opinion we are quite short in options with our wealth of wingers.

So you want us to sign him so that he can sit on the bench , same as he does at Derby !

choice_of_ends

Quote from: Riversider on January 23, 2018, 05:35:46 PM

So you want us to sign him so that he can sit on the bench , same as he does at Derby !
If that means, we'll be on 2nd place, I'd say yes.

KJS

Quote from: grandad on January 23, 2018, 08:25:20 AM
We sign Targett on loan & suddenly the media put 2 & 2 together to make 5 regarding Sess. They all are saying this puts his future with us in doubt. DonΒ΄t they realise that bringing in Targett meant Sess will be able to play in his best position. These articles have been at the request of the "big" clubs who want Sess. Tapping up by the back door.

You have to realize that most of the football writers in the press are thick and are looking for any story they can manufacture and they won't let the truth get in their way

mkras99

@ed_aarons
1h1 hour ago
More
Fulham have rejected Β£15m bid from West Brom for Tom Cairney. Championship club determined not to sell #ffc #wbafc

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: choice_of_ends on January 23, 2018, 05:53:19 PM

If Chris Martin is the answer, I think someone is asking the wrong question!!
We have players who want to be here, we have a great team spirit, we have players playing for each other, we don't need a fly in in ointment, stirring up negativity 😠
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Bracken White

On the Martin count, I'd add that if SJ wants him AND there's a deal here, we should go for it. As has been stated, for all his faults he obviously wishes to come to us & give us another OPTION - something we haven't got at present.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Count Flapula

With Martin I think it all comes down to how his festive Reading tantrum was perceived within the squad and with Joka. If his return is going to cause ill feeling with even a minority in the camp then i'd suggest it's not worth it.

Personally, Martin returning has the potential to unsettle as much as it does add value for the following reasons:

- He is not a clear improvement on either of our strikers, so could end up spending much time on the bench, or equally likely, out of the matchday squad.
- Chrissy not exactly possessing the "model pro" attitude is fairly well documented, so if my point above comes to fruition, we'll have a sulker in the dressing room.
- He signed a deal this time last year making him one of the highest paid players in the Championship - if we are going to commit that much of our wage budget on one player i'd want it to be someone who would walk into the first 11 and with a far better track record than his over the last year.

That said, IF Slav turned around and said he wanted him back then i'd back that. But ONLY then (and hopefully on loan / not paying full whack on those wages).

All reports i've seen so far on "Martin to Fulham" seem to be merely the usual baseless, tenuous speculation invented by journos putting 2 + 2 together as they lack any tangible news stories on FFC and their actual targets (as usual). Essentially the magic formula is "Martin not playing; Derby sign Jerome; Martin must be on his way out; Martin was on loan to Fulham = Fulham must be keen on Martin". It's just hacks inventing clickbait fantasy to justify their existence.

hovewhite

Don't believe Martin will be back,plus he's 29 and not better than what we have!

DevonFFC

Where has Martin stated he wants to come back, I have not read a direct quote from him anywhere?

Count Flapula

Quote from: ollienixs on January 23, 2018, 07:58:49 PM
Where has Martin stated he wants to come back, I have not read a direct quote from him anywhere?

Nor any direct quotes saying we're interested - all a fuss about nothing I reckon.

MJG

wasn't exactly twelve months ago now was it? Yes leading up to his strike I certainly would have paid the extra on top of the loan fee for him. But as I said when he went on strike I would have let him rot in the reserves.
Just the views of a long term fan

mkras99

David I

good to see we've done our business early.... πŸ€”

@jolslover

Quote from: mkras99 on January 23, 2018, 08:32:45 PM
16:20 GMT: West Ham, Fulham and Girona are interested in Rubin Kazan forward Ruben Rochina -- sources close to the player have told ESPN FC.

http://kwese.espn.com/football/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3357597/real-madrid-could-move-for-thibaut-courtois-as-keeper-search-intensifies

I doubt this will happen but I remember him at Blackburn. Gifted footballer. Very creative and skillful. Rubin Kazan paid 10m for him so I doubt he would come cheap. Versatile player who plays on wing or behind striker. Not two positions we desperately need to strengthen to be honest.
STH H3

Tabby

More of a midfielder than striker. Curios signing if true.

Given that Girona is mentioned, I doubt it would be too pricey.

KJS

Quote from: David I on January 23, 2018, 08:40:14 PM

Not sure what your issue is as the January window is notorious for deals being done in the last 2 - 3 days :doh:

David I

Quote from: KJS on January 23, 2018, 09:06:03 PM
Quote from: David I on January 23, 2018, 08:40:14 PM

Not sure what your issue is as the January window is notorious for deals being done in the last 2 - 3 days :doh:
Leaving it to the last 2 to 3 days has always ended up with the club having their pants pulled down!
Martin, Mitroglu........ Slav also came out and said he wanted early deals.

filham

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 23, 2018, 07:21:30 PM
Quote from: choice_of_ends on January 23, 2018, 05:53:19 PM

We have players who want to be here, we have a great team spirit, we have players playing for each other, we don't need a fly in in ointment, stirring up negativity 😠
COYW
The first question that Martin will have difficulty with is - " Do yo really want to play for Fulham because there are a lot of fans who remember that you didn't this time last season%

Fulham Tup North

[quote author=filham link=topic=62667.msg928901#msg928901 date=15167460

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
COYW
[/quote]
The first question that Martin will have difficulty with is - " Do yo really want to play for Fulham because there are a lot of fans who remember that you didn't this time last season%
[/quote]
Very true πŸ˜•
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"