Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas White

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 23, 2018, 07:21:30 PM
Quote from: choice_of_ends on January 23, 2018, 05:53:19 PM
Quote from: Riversider on January 23, 2018, 05:35:46 PM
Quote from: choice_of_ends on January 23, 2018, 05:30:15 PM
Quote from: Riversider on January 23, 2018, 05:08:52 PM
Let's look at this from another angle, for those advocating Chris Martin, who would you leave out for him ?
For those supporting the return of Martin, who would be in your front 3 ?

Me personally there is nobody in our current squad that I would be happy to drop to accommodate Martin, but that's just my opinion but what's yours ?

Exactly 12 months ago some on here were all up for signing him for £9 million 😅🤣😂
It's not about leaving somebody out of the Starting XI or matchday squad. It about adding options if the current line-up doesn't work - as it happened many times in the first half of his season. In my opinion we are quite short in options with our wealth of wingers.

So you want us to sign him so that he can sit on the bench , same as he does at Derby !
If that means, we'll be on 2nd place, I'd say yes.
If Chris Martin is the answer, I think someone is asking the wrong question!!
We have players who want to be here, we have a great team spirit, we have players playing for each other, we don't need a fly in in ointment, stirring up negativity 😠
COYW

EXACTLY........... NO NO NO

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

Mince n Tatties

filham

Quote from: grandad on January 24, 2018, 08:02:45 AM
Reports say Martin is to return to Leeds.
That is believable, but still possibly a journalist taking a shot in the dark (or at best in the dusk)

the nutflush

Quote from: David I on January 23, 2018, 09:44:40 PM
Quote from: KJS on January 23, 2018, 09:06:03 PM
Quote from: David I on January 23, 2018, 08:40:14 PM
good to see we've done our business early.... 🤔

Not sure what your issue is as the January window is notorious for deals being done in the last 2 - 3 days :doh:
Leaving it to the last 2 to 3 days has always ended up with the club having their pants pulled down!
Martin, Mitroglu........ Slav also came out and said he wanted early deals.

Early deals?  There won't be any deals.  This is Fulham.

mkras99

West Ham and Fulham target ex-Blackburn man Ruben Rochina

HITC Sport understands West Ham and Fulham eye former Blackburn forward.

Georgi Shchennikov (R) of PFC CSKA Moscow challenged by Ruben Rochina of FC Rubin Kazan during the Russian Premier League match between PFC CSKA Moscow and FC Rubin Kazan at CSKA Arena...
Ruben Rochina in action for Rubin Kazan against CSKA Moscow

West Ham United, Fulham and La Liga side Girona are weighing up moves for former Blackburn Rovers forward Ruben Rochina from Rubin Kazan, HITC Sport understands.

Rochina could be available before the close of the transfer window due to Rubin Kazan's ongoing financial problems.

The 26-year-old, who joined the Russian side in summer 2016, has not been paid for several months and could follow ex-team-mate Yann M'Vila by requesting for Fifa to terminate his contract to allow him to become a free agent.

A number of clubs have been alerted to Rochina's possible availability as they look to strengthen their attacking options before the close of the transfer window.

Jose Semedo of Sheffield Wednesday in action with Ruben Rochina of Blackburn during the nPower Championship match between Blackburn Rovers and Sheffield Wednesday at Ewood Park on October...
Ruben Rochina playing for Blackburn Rovers

West Ham's attacking options have been badly hit by injuries, with Andy Carroll facing up to three months out after undergoing foot surgery, while Manuel Lanzini and Marko Arnautovic face spells out with hamstring injuries.

With doubts also surrounding the futures Javier Hernandez, Diafra Sakho and Andre Ayew, West Ham are considering bringing in a new forward and Rochina is thought to figure on their wanted list.

Promotion hopefuls Fulham are also in the market for a new striker this month as they look to maintain their push for the Premier League and they are keeping tabs on Rochina.

Girona are also ready to offer former Spain youth international Rochina a return to his homeland as they look to strengthen their squad before next week's transfer deadline

Rochina moved to Blackburn from Barcelona in January 2011 and scored 11 goals in 54 appearances, although almost half of them were from the substitutes' bench.

Rochina spent the second half of the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons on loan at Real Zaragoza and Rayo Vallecano respectively, before he made a permanent return to Spain in the summer of 2014 when he signed for Granada.

https://amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/24/por-west-ham-and-fulham-target-ex-blackburn-man-rochina/?__twitter_impression=true

Bracken White

Do feel, that we should be seeking a target man CF to compliment what we have. All rumours about forwards who are wingers, for me, do not fit the bill. Equally, it is a solid strong & aerially adept CH that we need at the back. Apparently a Belgian CH has been rumoured.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

We Are Premier League

Marshall from Wolves is (again) linked to us in the papers, for £1m I would take him as a versatile backup

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: mlangstrom on January 24, 2018, 01:14:01 PM
Marshall from Wolves is (again) linked to us in the papers, for £1m I would take him as a versatile backup

Is that Ben Marshall, isn't he a winger? The one position we are if anything overstocked in.

simplyfulham

Rumours going around that Watford might be offloading Stefano Okaka to Besiktas.

Wouldn't mind bringing one of our old boys back here, he could certainly handle the championship.

Should reiterate there is nothing linking him with us other than my own imagination.

Riversider

Javier Hernandez wants out of West Ham and Dembele wants out of Celtic either of those players on loan for 6 months would take us very close to The Premier League.
Though it would take some juggling about with our loan players,
Would take both players over Martin and Gayle.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Riversider on January 24, 2018, 02:10:18 PM
Javier Hernandez wants out of West Ham and Dembele wants out of Celtic either of those players on loan for 6 months would take us very close to The Premier League.

Dembele is arrogant, but he is one of our own and a fantastic striker by all accounts. He's done very well for himself with Celtic, a proper stepping stone for his career and development. I'd take him back, but understand that I also want Fonte and AK over him. They want to be here, they are seeing the fruits of their labor, and they will stick with us so long as we don't throw them to the way side.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

JoelH5

Quote from: maoconnor on January 24, 2018, 02:11:44 PM
Quote from: Riversider on January 24, 2018, 02:10:18 PM

Dembele is arrogant, but he is one of our own and a fantastic striker by all accounts. He's done very well for himself with Celtic, a proper stepping stone for his career and development. I'd take him back, but understand that I also want Fonte and AK over him. They want to be here, they are seeing the fruits of their labor, and they will stick with us so long as we don't throw them to the way side.

Like you said, Dembele saw us as a stepping stone to Celtic. He wouldn't come back
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Tabby

Javier Hernandez wouldn't go down to the championship, and I don't think Dembele would either. Dembele would want to progress with his move, and Chicarito would likely go to Mexico before he dropped to second division football in Europe.

It'd be kind of like if we lent Berbatov to Leicester instead of Monaco.

Riversider

Quote from: Tabby on January 24, 2018, 04:26:03 PM
Javier Hernandez wouldn't go down to the championship, and I don't think Dembele would either. Dembele would want to progress with his move, and Chicarito would likely go to Mexico before he dropped to second division football in Europe.

It'd be kind of like if we lent Berbatov to Leicester instead of Monaco.

Hence why I said 6 month loan,
Both players need to leave their current club for various reasons, a six month loan may well suit aļl parties.

EJL

filham

Quote from: Bracken White on January 24, 2018, 01:11:02 PM
Do feel, that we should be seeking a target man CF to compliment what we have. All rumours about forwards who are wingers, for me, do not fit the bill. Equally, it is a solid strong & aerially adept CH that we need at the back. Apparently a Belgian CH has been rumoured.
So right Kebano, Ayite, Ojo, Piazon, and Sess. should be capable of seeing us through the remaining 18 games and play offs.

The centre back position is critical and all effort and free cash should be channeled at finding a centre back better than Kalas.

Twig

Quote from: filham on January 24, 2018, 06:07:23 PM
Quote from: Bracken White on January 24, 2018, 01:11:02 PM
So right Kebano, Ayite, Ojo, Piazon, and Sess. should be capable of seeing us through the remaining 18 games and play offs.

The centre back position is critical and all effort and free cash should be channeled at finding a centre back better than Kalas.

We have one, his name is Odoi.

Steven Ageroad

Westcliff White, with your contact on the continent, any info on the rumoured Belgian CH or any other rumours?

@jolslover

I'd take Okaka back. Wouldn't have Marshall. No better than Graham who didn't make our bench.
Hernandez/Dembele would both be good but no way either are coming to us.
STH H3