Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Riverside

Quote from: Chutney on January 25, 2018, 12:51:08 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 25, 2018, 11:48:55 AM
Six days to go and I await in anticipation for our Centre Back, as well as a Striker.
I imagine Jok is doing exactly the same.

If we fail to sign a top striker and a top CB Jok may well leave. That would be a huge loss as he's done brilliantly this season despite our awful summer.

Joka leave ? Really ?

Leave a team capable of getting into the play offs and well positioned to do so .
And then as we all know anyone can go up in the play offs .
Risk letting another manager get promoted with his team and enhancing a personal reputation of walking out on clubs ?

I thought you were a Joka fan but clearly think he is stupid .

There is no way he is walking in January .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 25, 2018, 01:56:49 PM
Time the club got on with it and signed Charlie Austin and Aden Flint before somebody else does.
Two very good shouts. Reckon they'd get us over the line by a distance.

mkras99

Kaveh Solhekol (@SkyKaveh)
1/25/18, 4:29 PM
West Ham want to sign Tom Cairney and are ready to pay £15m for the Fulham captain. Fulham say no key players will leave this month

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on January 25, 2018, 09:16:31 PM
Time the club got on with it and signed Charlie Austin and Aden Flint before somebody else does.
Other than the fact Austin is out for the rest of the season with ACL injury...Martin is much more likely and we are in discussions with Derby and his agent
Quark, strangeness and charm

DevonFFC

City want over 8mil for flint

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: YoungsBitter on January 25, 2018, 09:46:45 PM
Other than the fact Austin is out for the rest of the season with ACL injury...Martin is much more likely and we are in discussions with Derby and his agent
Good point. I guess that might slow him down a bit, although I still reckon he might be better on one leg than Martin on two   :005:

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on January 25, 2018, 09:56:34 PM
Good point. I guess that might slow him down a bit, although I still reckon he might be better on one leg than Martin on two   :005:
I must be in the minority but think that he would be a good signing - other than the impact on his confidence of the fans giving him stick if he ever made a mistake.
He knows our system and players, he is mates with Cairney, Joka likes him. He has scored in this division and complements what we have in Kamara and Fonte. Compare that to some unknown Belgian or Serb that comes in or blowing £15 on Gayle who still does not give you a hold up player.
I would want him on a permanent move so he moves his family south and we do not deal with that distraction, which was part of his issue last time.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: YoungsBitter on January 25, 2018, 10:06:34 PM
I must be in the minority but think that he would be a good signing - other than the impact on his confidence of the fans giving him stick if he ever made a mistake.
He knows our system and players, he is mates with Cairney, Joka likes him. He has scored in this division and complements what we have in Kamara and Fonte. Compare that to some unknown Belgian or Serb that comes in or blowing £15 on Gayle who still does not give you a hold up player.
I would want him on a permanent move so he moves his family south and we do not deal with that distraction, which was part of his issue last time.

Do you read previous posts or Slavs press conference comments. Martin is NOT COMING!!

Twig

Quote from: YoungsBitter on January 25, 2018, 10:06:34 PM

Er Hello, our manager has stated categorically Martin will not be returning!

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: YoungsBitter link=topic=62667.msg929345#msg929345 date=15169179
/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Compare that to some unknown Belgian or Serb that comes in or blowing £15 on Gayle who still does not give you a hold up player.
[/quote]
Blowing £15 on Gayle! Sounds like a bargain!!  😁
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

MrD1879

For someone to claim he has little to no involvement in transfers to then categorically say he isn't coming can only mean that he is due to be unveiled in the morning.

Centre back is my biggest concern closely followed by securing Piazon on a permanent deal. Think we have the firepower with sess hopefully now moving forward on a permanent basis. Pay what City want for Flint

Nero

Quote from: MrD1879 on January 25, 2018, 10:43:21 PM
For someone to claim he has little to no involvement in transfers to then categorically say he isn't coming can only mean that he is due to be unveiled in the morning.

Centre back is my biggest concern closely followed by securing Piazon on a permanent deal. Think we have the firepower with sess hopefully now moving forward on a permanent basis. Pay what City want for Flint

Martin wont be coming has hes hardly played since he went back so there wont be enough up to date stats on him.

davew

Thought I would make the first posting on here today............nothing to report!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Hoppus

Quote from: davew on January 26, 2018, 02:00:11 PM
Thought I would make the first posting on here today............nothing to report!!

Nothing? Charles Jones just "reported" that we want to sign a CB from another Championship club (on Twitter). Minutes later he reassures us the player "will never ever join Fulham".

:-D

davew

Quote from: Hoppus on January 26, 2018, 02:09:55 PM

Nothing? Charles Jones just "reported" that we want to sign a CB from another Championship club (on Twitter). Minutes later he reassures us the player "will never ever join Fulham".

Who was that then?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

jelmo

Charles Jones is always on the money! He didnt get where he is today by just making stuff up in his bedroom!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: jelmo on January 26, 2018, 02:13:58 PM

Charles Jones is always on the money! He didnt get where he is today by just making stuff up in his bedroom!

Where did he make it up, in the Potting Shed ?

If it's not a rival club in the promotion stakes. I can only think of Liam Moore at Reading.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

A CB yes I could see that happening,still think re,martin.fake news

Mince n Tatties

The lights are still on at Motspur Park.🔛🔚🔛⏰