Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

Who the flip is Graeme Bailey?
Any relation to Danny Bailey?
Maybe Elton should change the words...
Now it's all over Graeme Bailey, cos your tweets are shite!

EastEndWhite

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 26, 2018, 09:39:44 PM
Who the flip is Graeme Bailey?
Any relation to Danny Bailey?
Maybe Elton should change the words...
Now it's all over Graeme Bailey, cos your tweets are shite!

Describes himself as "football insider for the Gambling Times" and writes "transfer lines for Sunday tabloids" (whatever that means).  Also a Boro fan.

DevonFFC

Again this all a load of shite, sky owns sky bet, by realeasing numerous rumours people go nd lump money on it only for it not to happen.

Mince n Tatties

No mention on Talksport,them and Sky normally follow one another's news or gossip.
Haven't mentioned it at all.

f321ffc

Quote from: Twig on January 26, 2018, 09:28:28 PM
Quote from: grandad on January 26, 2018, 08:52:34 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on January 26, 2018, 08:27:10 PM
Graeme Bailey (@GraemeBailey)
1/26/18, 3:12 PM
Tom Cairney's agent is working very hard to get him out of Fulham - going to be difficult to move him before the deadline next Wednesday. Fulham understandably far from amused with what is happening.
The only contract I want to see is the one the Khans take out on Cairney´s agent.

Pass me the Kalashnikov and I will sort it.
Job for AK 47
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Hoppus

mkras99

Fulham's Ryan Fredericks option

Fulham have an option to extend Ryan Fredericks' contract for an extra 12 months.

The 25-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season but the Daily Mirror report that Craven Cottage chiefs plan to activate the extension clause.

Premier League sides Southampton and Swansea are interested in signing right-back Fredericks.

But Fulham have told both clubs that they will not allow him to leave.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/910886/Championship-Transfer-News-Aston-Villa-Leeds-United-Fulham-EFL

Riversider

TXWhite

£30M for Cairney says it all. That'll most likely scare them off. There's much better value to be had at that price than an injured Tom Cairney, no disrespect to the man.

Riverside

Quote from: TXWhite on January 28, 2018, 12:42:44 AM
£30M for Cairney says it all. That'll most likely scare them off. There's much better value to be had at that price than an injured Tom Cairney, no disrespect to the man.

But if they did pay £30mn surely nobody would blame Fulham for accepting it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woolly Mammoth

Nick Powell or Luke Freeman would be decent replacements if it came to it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

Quote from: Riverside on January 28, 2018, 05:16:50 AM
Luke Freeman anyone ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5320857/Fulham-line-Luke-Freeman-lose-Tom-Cairney.html

If I've mentioned Luke Freeman on here before, very creative player, he's got 9 assists so far this season , compare that to Tom Cairney who has got 3,
Would be a good addition to our squad as we are certainly short of top notch midfield cover.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Riversider on January 28, 2018, 08:13:44 AM
Quote from: Riverside on January 28, 2018, 05:16:50 AM
Luke Freeman anyone ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5320857/Fulham-line-Luke-Freeman-lose-Tom-Cairney.html

If I've mentioned Luke Freeman on here before, very creative player, he's got 9 assists so far this season , compare that to Tom Cairney who has got 3,
Would be a good addition to our squad as we are certainly short of top notch midfield cover.

I was just looking at his stats. 8 of his 9 assists this season is from Away games and his Pass Success Rate is only 73.9% (Tom has the highest rate - 91.2%).
Not saying he is not a good player - just adding a few more details.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 28, 2018, 05:39:10 AM

What about both ? Our midfield is a bit stale at the moment.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on January 28, 2018, 08:56:38 AM

Yes I agree, we have to have more options, that is imperative if we want to achieve promotion. It will be a result to get both on board if we are serious about attempting to make a top six spot, although I wouldn't rule out second place either, and to achieve that we will need players of their ability and experience to make it happen.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 28, 2018, 09:01:27 AM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on January 28, 2018, 08:56:38 AM

Yes I agree, we have to have more options, that is imperative if we want to achieve promotion. It will be a result to get both on board if we are serious about attempting to make a top six spot, although I wouldn't rule out second place either, and to achieve that we will need players of their ability and experience to make it happen.

Are either good enough for the prem? There's no need to fill the team up with championship players only to have to sell them in 6 months. Bit more forward planning would be great.