Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJS

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2018, 07:34:37 AM
The Moose....."Shock in store for Fulham fans today."
He's a Spam fan,does he know something about Cairney or Fred we don't...😵

Like all Talk Sport presenters he is a wind-up merchant all the Moose is Fat lardy who thinks he is something special, all of his rumours are taken straight out of The Sun and Daily Star

howitis

we started the transfer window looking at flint and dwight gayle, we are 48 hours from the end and we are looking at Okaka loan, martin loan, norwood permanent. Good grief !!!!
Please is there nobody working at fulham who recognises what we need and has the ability to get a deal done.
Fending off interest in Cairney and Fredericks is great (though not 100% concluded) but we need to show some real intent. We need 4 quality improvements right across the team.
Goalkeeper - let Button move on, have Betts as number 2 and get in a genuine number 1.
CB - need a powerful CB who is strong in the air and a leader of the backline vocally. Needs to help pose a threat in opp box at corners where we are completely inept.
MF - Hopefully Cairney injury will clear but lets get another creative force.
ST - how long do we have to wait. We really need 2 in this position. Big man and goal poacher. We currently have neither. Gayle would have been the goalscoring threat bot sure what hold up/link up play strong CF's are available but yes the Ulloa and Huguil type would be perfect.
I see Derby linked with McLean of West Brom. Proves there are players available in the Prem who can do a job despite him not matching any of our current requirements.

Tabby

Quote from: Statto on January 30, 2018, 10:20:53 AM
Quote from: grandad on January 30, 2018, 09:24:19 AM
Hugill gone to Palace for £8 mil.

So Hodgson has gone senile, that's very sad to see

He just needs a big lunk for Zaha and Townsend to aim at when Benteke isn't there.

Think Hugill will do ok at that.

howitis

Quick question to you all.

With West Ham seemingly throwing out interest in Cairney and Shelvey and Newcastle having historical interest in Cairney would you consider the following:-

Trying to negotiate  a player and cash deal with Newcastle allowing Cairney to move to Newcastle and bringing Shelvey + Gayle to Fulham ?

Newcastle definitely bring to bring in other forward power (tried Sturridge) they may let Gayle go if they can use funds towards another player. Shelvey never seems to be quite first choice for Benitez (trust issue it appears) and Shelvey keen to return to London.

I very much doubt Shelvey would be prepared to drop down a division (personally I think he is capable of getting back in the England set up. Midfield very weak) but think he is a great player and certainly a match for Cairney.

Cairney + £10m ??

Bracken White

Regret disagree with 'Howitis.' Bettinelli, for me is a competent 'keeper, no point in wasting money. Okaka, if true will compliment our present strikers & offer some strength up front. Liam Moore - well linked with him for some years, a safe & secure CH.
McLean from WBA? Not for me thanks.
Giving us extra cover/alternatives in strategic positions & I agree, keeping hold of key players will give us every chance of top 6.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

filham

Telegraph today say that West Ham have increased their bid for Cairney to £18m. Seems as if they are not prepared to take no for an answer.

KJS

Quote from: filham on January 30, 2018, 10:34:32 AM
Telegraph today say that West Ham have increased their bid for Cairney to £18m. Seems as if they are not prepared to take no for an answer.

That was on Sky Sports last night and was apparently rejected by FFC (it was only Sky Sources though)

KJS

Quote from: howitis on January 30, 2018, 10:33:27 AM

With West Ham seemingly throwing out interest in Cairney and Shelvey and Newcastle having historical interest in Cairney would you consider the following:-

Trying to negotiate  a player and cash deal with Newcastle allowing Cairney to move to Newcastle and bringing Shelvey + Gayle to Fulham ?

Newcastle definitely bring to bring in other forward power (tried Sturridge) they may let Gayle go if they can use funds towards another player. Shelvey never seems to be quite first choice for Benitez (trust issue it appears) and Shelvey keen to return to London.

I very much doubt Shelvey would be prepared to drop down a division (personally I think he is capable of getting back in the England set up. Midfield very weak) but think he is a great player and certainly a match for Cairney.

Cairney + £10m ??

Shelvey is not for me thanks, he is too much of a loose canon to fit into out side.

howitis

Hugill good buy for Palace. Roy/Ray not been impressed with Benteke. It's one thing not to be able to score but for those 2 they need to see work rate and Benteke is one lazy so and so. Wouldn't be surprised to see Benteke off the books if they can get a second ST in.

filham

Quote from: KJS on January 30, 2018, 10:38:26 AM
Quote from: howitis on January 30, 2018, 10:33:27 AM

Cairney + £10m ??

Shelvey is not for me thanks, he is too much of a loose canon to fit into out side.

All much to complicated for our transfer team to handle, they seem to be locked into simple loans and will want to just repeat the Martin deal they set up eighteen months ago.

howitis

Any of the below for 6 month loan ...

Afobe - not getting a run out at Bournemouth. Handful of player
Grabban - def up for grabs
Walters - Burnley - experienced head, great work rate
Tammy Abraham - Swansea - Swansea now have Bony and are looking to get 2nd Ayew brother in from West Ham today for £18m. Abraham proven in Champ.
Berahino - Stoke - been misfiring for a long time but would the drop down get him back on track
Connor Wickham - physical
Solanke - game time very limited at Liverpool.

ffcne

Quote from: howitis on January 30, 2018, 10:58:26 AM

Tammy Abraham - Swansea - Swansea now have Bony and are looking to get 2nd Ayew brother in from West Ham today for £18m. Abraham proven in Champ.
Berahino - Stoke - been misfiring for a long time but would the drop down get him back on track
Walters and Whickham injured i think

grandad

No,no, no to Shelvey. An animal more suited to Cardiff or other thug sides.
Where there's a will there's a wife

grandad

According to the ever reliable Sky
BREAKING NEWS

Fulham are in talks with Watford over a potential deal to sign striker Stefano Okaka.

Doesn´t say if a loan or permanent signing.

Bracken White

Even better if we were to sign him ivo all the Loans we have. However, Watford Observer says he has his doubts playing in the Championship - bit of PR from SJ & AM required, I'd suggest.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Deeping_white

Quote from: howitis on January 30, 2018, 10:58:26 AM

You want to loan a player from Swansea who's loaned to Swansea in the first place?

Slaphead in Qatar

Just mentioned on sky sports tv transfer center that we are in talks with Watford for okaka

filham

Quote from: grandad on January 30, 2018, 12:03:10 PM
BREAKING NEWS

Fulham are in talks with Watford over a potential deal to sign striker Stefano Okaka.

I wonder if he could be converted to a centre back, what a cunning plan that would be.

grandad

Quote from: filham on January 30, 2018, 12:49:30 PM
Quote from: grandad on January 30, 2018, 12:03:10 PM
BREAKING NEWS

I wonder if he could be converted to a centre back, what a cunning plan that would be.

Roy Bentley & John Dempsey changed from one position to the other.

brightster

Another fake story about a player, the press just make all these stories up!
Preston release statement!
"Despite wholly inaccurate reports in a national newspaper this morning, we have not agreed any transfer fee with any club for Jordan Hugill.

Jordan remains a contracted player to Preston North End Football Club."