more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: filham on January 30, 2018, 04:34:18 PM
£2m to loan a player for less than half a season, that just cannot be true, Slam the door on that one quickly before the window closes.
Certainly agree, you could get Chris Martin for a whole season (almost) for that even though he would probably only want to play 1/2 the time.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Riverside

Quote from: Statto on January 30, 2018, 04:52:43 PM
Quote from: Porthogs FC on January 30, 2018, 04:32:18 PM
Is this serious? Spending money is now being equated with success? Man I think if it was that easy every team would just spend more money.

in all honesty there's not really any need to discuss this, it's not a matter of opinion, the data is there for anyone who wants to look across the leagues, whether it's championship, premier league, la liga, look at the relationship between clubs' spending and league position, there will be a correlation and it will not be subtle... simple irrefutable fact really

(for a start the club that's currently in every one of those leagues i've just mentioned is also the club that's spent the most)

Actually the real correlation is between Squad Salaries and Position in the League .
Salaries do though coincide with transfer spend nowadays .

The window is still open so much can still happen but as it stands I think the Club are in the credit column
Resisted Premier League attention to Fredericks and an injured Cairney - £18 million if true must have been tempting . They were so emphatic about Sess he was not even in the market .
None of the players gone so far were even in the 1st team squad so will not be missed ( Graham and Madl )
Recruited a decent left back ( on first viewing and importantly SJ's rave reviews ) . This I do recognise if making up for the Soares failure rot replace Malone .

Conclusion at 17.08 30 Jan is that we are stronger now than we were at the beginning of the window .

Who really knows what it is going to look like at 23.00 31 Jan ????
Hopefully even stronger
But it is the hope that kills you ....

Hoppus

Mince n Tatties

Man City offer 50 million for Mahrez, so he hands in a transfer request a day before window closes.

Mince n Tatties

Leeds along with two other Championship sides bid 8 million for Hughill.

Mince n Tatties

Forest in for our old boy Ashkan Dejagah.
Sorry still no news on the Fulham front,now that's a surprise.😁

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2018, 05:27:09 PM
Leeds along with two other Championship sides bid 8 million for Hughill.
I think he will be leaving, why wouldn't he want to play for them, Villa or Wolves, just down the road from Preston.

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2018, 05:30:59 PM
Forest in for our old boy Ashkan Dejagah.
Sorry still no news on the Fulham front,now that's a surprise.😁
Supposedly no news is bad news, but in our case it is!!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: F(f)CUK on January 30, 2018, 04:27:16 PM

Club A had a bad summer selling players and only raised £2m but spent 10m on players coming in.
Club B sold 5m worth of players and spent £12m on players.

Which team would you say is the one you would support?

How about Club C - spent £30million, got promotion, did not comply with financial fair play, got relegated again and then in dispute over a £60 million bill with a risk of demotion to bottom tier.
[/quote]

But Club D got promoted because they spent £30 million, and raked in the millions in prize money, and stayed in the Premier cause they could afford quality players and their owner said Cobblers to sustainability, that won't get you anywhere, but mediocrity, as you will watch the genuinely ambitious teams pass you by. I am ambitious and am interested in football and follow my team and turn up for games, and there is no conflict of interest because I do not employ my son. I will put money where my mouth is, and they all lived happily ever after. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

I think we are waiting for the end of January sale which starts at 22-50 tomorrow night!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on January 30, 2018, 05:34:30 PM
I think we are waiting for the end of January sale which starts at 22-50 tomorrow night!

I can't wait for the excitement of another loan if we are lucky.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on January 30, 2018, 05:32:31 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on January 30, 2018, 05:19:03 PM
Okaka not gonna happen? :-/
Based on what may I ask ?

Could be Sky just copying it off hitc who put it up last night.
Have the time their posting nonsense.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 30, 2018, 05:37:03 PM
Quote from: davew on January 30, 2018, 05:34:30 PM

I can't wait for the excitement of another loan if we are lucky.
Good evening (and to Mince of course), missed you, I thought you were out on the streets with your violin, dog and collection box trying to raise funds for FFC?

grandad

Cocaine with a street value of £50 mil seized at Farnborough Airport. 5 arrested.
Which players & their agents brought that in on their way to sign for us?
Where there's a will there's a wife

sunburywhite

Does Debenhams sale finally end at the same time as the transfer window?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

MJG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 30, 2018, 05:33:45 PM
Quote from: F(f)CUK on January 30, 2018, 04:27:16 PM

Club A had a bad summer selling players and only raised £2m but spent 10m on players coming in.
Club B sold 5m worth of players and spent £12m on players.

Which team would you say is the one you would support?

How about Club C - spent £30million, got promotion, did not comply with financial fair play, got relegated again and then in dispute over a £60 million bill with a risk of demotion to bottom tier.

But Club D got promoted because they spent £30 million, and raked in the millions in prize money, and stayed in the Premier cause they could afford quality players and their owner said Cobblers to sustainability, that won't get you anywhere, but mediocrity, as you will watch the genuinely ambitious teams pass you by. I am ambitious and am interested in football and follow my team and turn up for games, and there is no conflict of interest because I do not employ my son. I will put money where my mouth is, and they all lived happily ever after.
[/quote]so would that be A or B then?
Just the views of a long term fan

filham

Look lets not keep talking about how much money we should spend, that really is not the point. The important thing is that we need to sign players to cover certain areas of weakness in the squad to help maintain a promotion push.