https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: grandad on January 30, 2018, 08:37:58 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2018, 08:17:50 PM
Hughill left out of Preston side tonight.

Looking at his profile on Wiki, 25YO , good scoring ratio. For £8 mil he must be the Plan B we are looking for. Got to be worth a serious bid although I think Leeds are favourites.

Just had a peek on the PNE messageboards, seems hes practically gone but no-one seems to know where. Not sure earlier Palace link is true, Stoke & Newcastle rumours but nothing concrete. Apparently turned down an offer from Reading.
Wouldn't surprise me if we were trying to do something , was linked with him last window

ToodlesMcToot

Just passing this along. Make of it what you will.

Rui Miguel Martins

@futebolfactory
1h1 hour ago
More
This is just a rumour now but Rafa Soares is expected to terminate his loan with Fulham and move to Portimonense, on loan for the rest of the season. This according to several publications in Portugal.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

brightster

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 30, 2018, 09:04:43 PM

Looking at his profile on Wiki, 25YO , good scoring ratio. For £8 mil he must be the Plan B we are looking for. Got to be worth a serious bid although I think Leeds are favourites.

Just had a peek on the PNE messageboards, seems hes practically gone but no-one seems to know where. Not sure earlier Palace link is true, Stoke & Newcastle rumours but nothing concrete. Apparently turned down an offer from Reading.
Wouldn't surprise me if we were trying to do something , was linked with him last window

SJ is at Forest tonight, so you never know, might have met up with Hugil, not sure if he travelled with them though!

DevonFFC

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 30, 2018, 09:20:11 PM
Just passing this along. Make of it what you will.

Rui Miguel Martins

@futebolfactory
1h1 hour ago
More
This is just a rumour now but Rafa Soares is expected to terminate his loan with Fulham and move to Portimonense, on loan for the rest of the season. This according to several publications in Portugal.

If I could I'd terminate it for him, I thought he had gone to be honest.

mkras99

Pete O'Rourke‏
@SportsPeteO
Cardiff have agreed a deal with Bolton for striker Gary Madine. #CardiffCity #bwfc

4:31 PM - 30 Jan 2018

Twig

Buy we aren't looking for a plan B are we? At least not that sort of plan B.

Oh dear, egg on face if SJ signs him tomorrow!

@jolslover

The plan B myth is exactly that, We have scored more goals in the last 30 minutes than any side in the league, and we have scored the second most goals in the league. So Why do we need a big striker as a plan b?
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Twig on January 30, 2018, 09:45:29 PM

Buy we aren't looking for a plan B are we? At least not that sort of plan B.

Oh dear, egg on face if SJ signs him tomorrow!

Thing with Hughill is I think he has more to his game than the plan b long ball.If you watch Preston he has had to dig out his goals a lot of the time through his own graft due to the way they play.
Think he would get on to the end of a lot of the chances we create,he is actually deceptively quicker than most think...
Saying that I don't think he is what The Boss is after.

davew

Quote from: @jolslover on January 30, 2018, 09:48:20 PM
The plan B myth is exactly that, We have scored more goals in the last 30 minutes than any side in the league, and we have scored the second most goals in the league. So Why do we need a big striker as a plan b?
We don't we need him as a plan A, it would take the stress out of things!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Tabby

Quote from: fulhamben on January 30, 2018, 10:27:36 PM
Mollo has been released

Somewhat unexpected, but not a huge deal. We're down to a somewhat normal amount of wingers again.

Porthogs FC

Man this club is good at trimming the fat. I have a feeling about tomorrow... Soares gone, two in, one permanent one loan.

SG

More money wasted to extract ourselves from a player contract that the manager clearly did not want.

SG

Quote from: Porthogs FC on January 30, 2018, 10:30:02 PM
Man this club is good at trimming the fat. I have a feeling about tomorrow... Soares gone, two in, one permanent one loan.

But the fat has been caused by their own incompetence in the first instance. I can recruit people to add to the wage bill and then get rid. That is just stupid and wasteful, not cutting the fat and means that monies that could be invested in better players has been pissed away wastefully

Tabby

Quote from: Statto on January 30, 2018, 10:40:13 PM
Quote from: SG on January 30, 2018, 10:31:25 PM
More money wasted to extract ourselves from a player contract that the manager clearly did not want.

"mutual cancellation"... i always thought that meant both parties just walk away, ie we don't have to pay him off, the benefit for him is he can go and find another club and advance his career

Think we'll pay him a bit of an advance at least. Probably less than we'd pay for him to mope around Motspur Park for another year and a half though.

davew

Quote from: SG on January 30, 2018, 10:33:36 PM
Quote from: Porthogs FC on January 30, 2018, 10:30:02 PM

But the fat has been caused by their own incompetence in the first instance. I can recruit people to add to the wage bill and then get rid. That is just stupid and wasteful, not cutting the fat and means that monies that could be invested in better players has been pissed away wastefully
SG a word of warning (lol), you must spell that adjective pi$$ed, otherwise your postings might be reported as inoffensive!

Tabby

Hopefully there are a couple coming in tomorrow.

Granted, the ones we've let go haven't been in the match day squad for months.

davew

Quote from: Statto on January 30, 2018, 10:44:30 PM
So our business so far

OUT

Madl
Mollo
Soares
Graham
Sigurdsson

IN

Targett (loan)

Not the statement of intent I was hoping for...

That list doesn't include players we have sent out on loan!!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on January 30, 2018, 10:46:38 PM
Quote from: Statto on January 30, 2018, 10:44:30 PM
So our business so far

OUT

Madl
Mollo
Soares
Graham
Sigurdsson

IN

Targett (loan)

Not the statement of intent I was hoping for...

That list doesn't include players we have sent out on loan!!

That exit door must be hanging off it's hinges, and what a waste of money. Too many amateurs running this club.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.