The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: TerryR on January 31, 2018, 03:13:08 PM
Quote from: EastEndWhite on January 31, 2018, 03:10:27 PM
Quote from: brightster on January 31, 2018, 02:57:52 PM
Again Tony Sanchez ITK on twitter!
BREAKING: MANCHESTER CITY #MCFC SET TO SIGN RYAN SESSEGNON FOR £30M + £5M addons from #FFC. MORE AS I GET IT. Tony

🤥

God.....no....... :012:

Not going to happen.

Mince n Tatties

I'm off for a snooze,give us a shout when we sign striker from Luxembourg league 3 on loan at 22-59 and 59 seconds.Coyw

brightster

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on January 31, 2018, 03:14:10 PM
BREAKING: MANCHESTER CITY #MCFC SET TO SIGN RYAN SESSEGNON FOR £30M + £5M addons from #FFC. MORE AS I GET IT. Tony

🤥

Not going to happen.

I know it's just someone trying to get reactions!

grandad

🤥

Double it & they can still feck off. 092.gif
Where there's a will there's a wife

brightster

Sky sports reporter at West Ham saying that Hugil is on his way for medical at West Ham!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 31, 2018, 03:15:46 PM
I'm off for a snooze,give us a shout when we sign striker from Luxembourg league 3 on loan at 22-59 and 59 seconds.Coyw

I recommend this Swedish Massage premises in Basement Flat. 69, Greek Street, Soho. I think your going to need it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 31, 2018, 03:05:24 PM
Quote from: Chutney on January 31, 2018, 03:04:16 PM
so are we signing the desperately needed striker and CB or repeating the mistakes of last January? We could really push on and go all out for an automatic promotion challenge, but its looking really unlikely with every passing hour, so frustrating.

Didn't we say this in the Summer?  :010:
and the summer before that too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

JoelH5

Why would we let a loan player go back on the last day of the window? Surely we could have done that weeks ago if he wasn't needed. In my view it's to open up a space for a new player.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Fulham76

Lets hope not.

He'd never get in the side for a start. Wouldn't want to see a real talent ruined like that. Although they do have youth team players buying £3.7m houses so at least he'd do well financially.

Also, how stupid would Khan jnr look if he did leave after him coming out publicly to say he's going nowhere.

brightster

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 31, 2018, 03:29:07 PM

Lets hope not.

He'd never get in the side for a start. Wouldn't want to see a real talent ruined like that. Although they do have youth team players buying £3.7m houses so at least he'd do well financially.

Also, how stupid would Khan jnr look if he did leave after him coming out publicly to say he's going nowhere.

It will not happen.

Tabby

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 31, 2018, 03:27:52 PM
Why would we let a loan player go back on the last day of the window? Surely we could have done that weeks ago if he wasn't needed. In my view it's to open up a space for a new player.

Assuming that Porto wanted to have a deal done before him traveling back as they're loaning him out again. Waste of energy for him to relocate twice.

Soares was on his way out the moment we got Targett.

JimmyConway

Soares  I can only presume was a stats signing so I would be surprised if he wasn't on his way out the day he arrived. Manager gives stats department another kick-in.

bill taylors apprentice

Just reminding everyone, we have a total of 18 outfield senior pros in the squad as I write this, with the possibility that 1 or 2 more may leave.

Yes, we have a group of excellent young talent on the verge of stepping up and of course we have Sean Kavanagh waiting for his chance!

flyingfish

Quote from: JimmyConway on January 31, 2018, 03:56:08 PM
Soares  I can only presume was a stats signing so I would be surprised if he wasn't on his way out the day he arrived. Manager gives stats department another kick-in.

They're all stats signings.

aaronmcguigan

I'd rather the likes of Tayo, Steven Sess and de la torre etc vying for a chance rather than waiting behind deadwood like Mollo, Madl, Soares and Graham. The 2 outgoing loans were arguably the best of the academy over the past few years but injuries hit them this year. You'd like to think this is make or break as both were out on loan last year too, and in George Williams, you'd like to think he'd be playing out of his skin for a contract with his first child on the way, wouldn't want to unnecessarily uproot an expectant mother!!😂

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on January 31, 2018, 03:59:24 PM
Just reminding everyone, we have a total of 18 outfield senior pros in the squad as I write this, with the possibility that 1 or 2 more may leave.

Five of whom are on loan. Unless we get a few additions today the 18 man squad we need to announce each game will pick itself!
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Porthogs FC

Yes, we have a group of excellent young talent on the verge of stepping up and of course we have Sean Kavanagh waiting for his chance!

I count 20?
Button - Bett
Fred - Odoi
Kalas - Ream - Djalo
Targett - Sess
Cairney - Norwood - McDonald - Johanson - Cisse
Ojo - Kebano - Piazon - Ayite
Fonte - AK

brightster

Quote from: Porthogs FC on January 31, 2018, 04:07:28 PM

I count 20?
Button - Bett
Fred - Odoi
Kalas - Ream - Djalo
Targett - Sess
Cairney - Norwood - McDonald - Johanson - Cisse
Ojo - Kebano - Piazon - Ayite
Fonte - AK

I think OP meant that Cisse and Djalo could go on loan which could leave 18.

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: Newry FFC on January 31, 2018, 04:06:36 PM
I'd rather the likes of Tayo, Steven Sess and de la torre etc vying for a chance rather than waiting behind deadwood like Mollo, Madl, Soares and Graham.

Whilst I agree with you we've been spoilt with the performances from Ryan Sessegnon who, at 17 is without doubt an exceptional player. The other youngsters need to be introduced gradually as they are all learning their craft, and we don't want to be in the situation we were in with Magath with 5 or 6 teenagers in the first XI getting bullied,
Never ever bloody anything ever.