more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: mlangstrom on January 31, 2018, 11:34:44 PM
With cisse gone, we have 4 cm for 3 spots...migjt need to grow some versatility out of kebano, piazon and odoi[?] before the end of the season...

Did DLT and Eden go? Overwise is really how we were before...

davew

Quote from: brightster on January 31, 2018, 11:30:30 PM
Christie Arrives
Wednesday 31 January 2018 23:30

The Club is delighted to confirm the signing of Cyrus Christie from Middlesbrough for an undisclosed fee, subject to deadline day clearance.

The right-back, who can also play on the wing, has penned a three-and-a-half year deal, keeping him at Craven Cottage until at least the
Thanks confirmed on the official FFC website, a good signing but not really 1 of our top priorities, glad we have another potential winger though, we badly need 1 (lol)!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

brightster

Confirmed Magpies sign Slimani on loan, should be announcing Mitro soon then.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

With cisse gone, we have 4 cm for 3 spots...migjt need to grow some versatility out of kebano, piazon and odoi[?] before the end of the season...
where has cisse gone?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Statto on January 31, 2018, 11:35:44 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on January 31, 2018, 11:34:47 PM
Quote from: Statto on January 31, 2018, 11:34:12 PM
if we are sitting in 6th on the verge of promotion again and our only signings are two rotation full-backs, and offloading a load of the inadequate players we signed in the summer (when  we were also on the verge of promotion) that has to be a damning indictment of the current transfer setup

And if Mitro signs?

I have a feeling if Mitro signs it'll trigger the signing of a current loanee.

if ronaldo signs i'll be delighted, if mitro signs mildly better... what if no one else signs (most likely)

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: fulhamben on January 31, 2018, 11:36:47 PM
where has cisse gone?

Whence Kamara came

itombomb

if we are sitting in 6th on the verge of promotion and our only signings are two rotation full-backs, and offloading a load of the poor players we signed in the summer (when  we were also on the verge of promotion) that has to be a damning indictment of the current transfer setup
I disagree. Would rather see the club run well than splurging on panic buys.

We've signed 2 players in those full backs that ensure depth and provide more tactical flexibility (having Sess and Fredericks/Christie playing further up as necessary).

Add Mitrovic as a proper target man and again we get a lot more tactical variance.

Would, in an understated way, be a decent window, and one that could indicate we have an overarching strategy to our off-field operations.

davew

Quote from: Tabby on January 31, 2018, 11:33:26 PM
Slimani confirmed on the Newcastle offal. Will hopefully mean Mitrovic is imminent.
Yawnnnnn....sorry....old news!!

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on January 31, 2018, 11:34:47 PM
if we are sitting in 6th on the verge of promotion again and our only signings are two rotation full-backs, and offloading a load of the inadequate players we signed in the summer (when  we were also on the verge of promotion) that has to be a damning indictment of the current transfer setup

And if Mitro signs?

Then it goes from 4 out of 10 to 7 out of 10.  I would only say 7 because in my view none of these players (as good as they are) cover the key area of CB.

Marcel_Gecov

Christie on SSN transfer centre now. But apparently now subject to deadline clearance...

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 31, 2018, 11:36:46 PM
Mitrovic deal looking good subject to medical.

Sky said he did at least half of the med in Anderlecht so not much left to do.

Nero

Mitrovic is he the one that keeps getting sent off

grandad

Christie is a great signing. He has always been a thorn in our sides when he has played against us. The usual few moaned about our squad depth & when we do something about it  they still moan .
Where there's a will there's a wife

davew

Quote from: itombomb on January 31, 2018, 11:37:33 PM
if we are sitting in 6th on the verge of promotion and our only signings are two rotation full-backs, and offloading a load of the poor players we signed in the summer (when  we were also on the verge of promotion) that has to be a damning indictment of the current transfer setup
I disagree. Would rather see the club run well than splurging on panic buys.

We've signed 2 players in those full backs that ensure depth and provide more tactical flexibility (having Sess and Fredericks/Christie playing further up as necessary).

Add Mitrovic as a proper target man and again we get a lot more tactical variance.

Would, in an understated way, be a decent window, and one that could indicate we have an overarching strategy to our off-field operations.
Still waiting for Mitrovic to be confirmed, I hope it is true, but if not we can rely on the hottest striker in the league, good old Rui Fonte, I was hoping that we would have sent him out on loan to a lower league or better still...sold him!!

fulhamben

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on January 31, 2018, 11:37:30 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 31, 2018, 11:36:47 PM
where has cisse gone?

Whence Kamara came
watchya talking about Willis. I haven't seen anything about this, and nothing on the offal
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Tabby

Quote from: Nero on January 31, 2018, 11:39:59 PM
Mitrovic is he the one that keeps getting sent off

Yep, he is a hothead for certain.

brightster

Quote from: davew on January 31, 2018, 11:37:52 PM
Quote from: Tabby on January 31, 2018, 11:33:26 PM
Slimani confirmed on the Newcastle offal. Will hopefully mean Mitrovic is imminent.
Yawnnnnn....sorry....old news!!

It was only officially announced just now lol, think that means Mitro will sign for us, as not welcome back at the toon!