more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jokanovic press conference- calls out owner

Started by Cdempsey, January 04, 2018, 04:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rvFFC

Quote from: BedsFFC on January 04, 2018, 04:46:16 PM
Guys, ok, its not good but lets give the club a chance to speak. They told the FST that there were significant funds available. Give them a chance to respond before we all start steaming into the owners.

That said, if it is true...it stinks.
Completely agree, I am sure there are problems with the board but I doubt they would lie to the FST and say that we have the ability to get players in if we clearly don't.

Also Jokanovic has said things in the past to force the owners into action and this could be the same thing again.

Deeping_white

He's a bit of a d**khead if I'm honest for coming out with that in the way he did. The club is on a good run of form and things are looking up and he goes and puts a negative air over the club, AGAIN. If he has problems with the transfer dealings then fine, why doesn't he go and speak to the powers that be who have offices right next to him at Motspur rather than air it in public and start this debacle. Every single window he plays this stupid game with the board and it makes the club seem incredibly unprofessional - imagine you're a player who we're interested in from here on out, how are you going to feel seeing this stupid squabbling every single window in public?? It's not even as if he's got Kline as his excuse for transfers any more. Also as a manager he should be expressing interest in certain targets so for him to say that we don't have any is as much on him as anyone else, bearing in mind he got in a mood over the summer due to not getting Cameron Jerome so there are definitely players he wants...

The Rock

Quote from: Matt10 on January 04, 2018, 04:51:09 PM
Meh, passion from a coach and calculated risks by the club - what do you expect? Think it will work out in the end.

Agreed.  I almost got excited - good for Slav. The head coach has little to no say about players, so these are empty words are they not? It gives him the freedom to tell it like it is. You think the club would take notice, but they are listening to yacht rock in FLA at the moment I think.

flyingfish

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on January 04, 2018, 04:55:44 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on January 04, 2018, 04:46:16 PM
Guys, ok, its not good but lets give the club a chance to speak. They told the FST that there were significant funds available. Give them a chance to respond before we all start steaming into the owners.

That said, if it is true...it stinks.
Completely agree, I am sure there are problems with the board but I doubt they would lie to the FST and say that we have the ability to get players in if we clearly don't.

Also Jokanovic has said things in the past to force the owners into action and this could be the same thing again.

Let's face it - his English is terrible, Journalists love a story, he always says stuff like this - twitter blows everything out of proportion - probably a storm in a teacup and a communication problem.

Couple this with the statement to FST and also Shad's programme notes vs Barsnley when he specifically promises an active transfer window to get players in, I think Joka is trying to pursue some other agenda, but sadly his english is so bad, everyone's got the wrong end of the stick.

grandad

I think we should all calm down. This "story" has only been aired in the Getwestlondon. I think we should wait for a response from the Club. I don´t think SJ should be discussing this at a press conference but should be talking to the recruitment team which I am sure he has been doing.
Whatever is the truth it is one Holy mess as usual.
Where there's a will there's a wife

General

I've only seen it covered in detail by Get West London and have trawled through google, sky sports news and all fulham, jokanovic searches...

That said, for the most part i'd see Get West London as being responsible... I don't think Jokanovic said it as angrily as suggested..

From the way I read it, it suggested that he said if He's publicly said he needs three more players to make the club better, which is at odds with what senior management want, then there's a clash of opinions and when that normally happens in a company one of the people included is wrong and is normally made redundant, or the issue is sorted out.

Jokanovic though having stated this often - that he needs investment in the squad - suggests that this is one particular issue he deeply cares about and expects support in, in a way which allows him a level of autonomy..

In this regards, I believe he said it must have crossed the senior teams minds to sack him/let him go as he's kicking up a fuss.

The thing is though Slavisa simply put is the best manager for the job, he's got the ability to get us back into the premiership if supported properly.. earlier this season our performances weren't up to scratch, but that was clearly due to injuries to key players and a lack of quality strikers... all statistics prove this.

When it comes down to having a quality - top quality professional working for you, sometimes, especially if they get results, (even more so in a people management role, which includes people's happiness/buy in), then you simply have to step aside and accept that perhaps whilst you have a clash of opinions you have to give those who do well for you room to breath and support them when they know what they're doing - which Slavisa Does.

Slavisa's role would be untenable if he was kicking up a fuss and had no clue what he was doing and causing a lot of issues within the club's staff/players and was disliked, but it's clearly not the case - players talk about enjoying their careers, playing the best football, knowing they're part of one of the best teams and style of play in the league and have belief they will succeed.

This strikes me simply as politics continuing with Tony Khan and his role within the recruitment policy with the potential interference from Craig Kline... If that is the case then Shahid needs to set aside his emotional connection to his son and realise his investment isn't being aided by Tony or Craig and he needs to move them on and not Slavisa.

That being said, I'd be fuming if Shahid let Tony and Craig see us lose Slavisa who is clearly very good at what he does. Don't be the fools that think the grass is greener - few managers in my entire lifetime of supporting Fulham have managed to achieve what Slavisa has.

If the club though has said there are funds then I expect them to be used and this to blow over - as it should.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 04, 2018, 04:57:00 PM
He's a bit of a d**khead if I'm honest for coming out with that in the way he did. The club is on a good run of form and things are looking up and he goes and puts a negative air over the club, AGAIN. If he has problems with the transfer dealings then fine, why doesn't he go and speak to the powers that be who have offices right next to him at Motspur rather than air it in public and start this debacle. Every single window he plays this stupid game with the board and it makes the club seem incredibly unprofessional - imagine you're a player who we're interested in from here on out, how are you going to feel seeing this stupid squabbling every single window in public?? It's not even as if he's got Kline as his excuse for transfers any more. Also as a manager he should be expressing interest in certain targets so for him to say that we don't have any is as much on him as anyone else, bearing in mind he got in a mood over the summer due to not getting Cameron Jerome so there are definitely players he wants...

While I understand his frustrations, if he's not getting the kind of players he believes are needed, he does more harm than good with these childish outbursts in public.

Every window is like this and every window he stays on to the next. Makes me think the only reason is money. Seems he wants to be fired so he can have his golden parachute and go looking for another job to boot. Seems less and less about the club and the squad as none of what he says contributes anything positive toward morale or recruitment.

I say all this with an equal measure of frustration at the club for letting things get to the state where Slavisa feels the need to do this at every opportunity.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Southcoastffc

As far as I can see the only source is Get West London's 'exclusive' report.     That said, and as I think I posted on the day of the the Kline departure, Joka was on that day said to be 'on thin ice' with the owners.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Jonnoj

Get west London are often the only outlet that attend our press conferences

toshes mate

The official pre-match head coach statement about the Southampton game doesn't mention any of this.  I tend to agree with comments suggesting that it is 'old news' about things going wrong prior to Kline's departure that have been dressed up as if it is here and now.  If it isn't it means FST have been lied to in recent meetings and I just cannot see why the Club would do that.

Mischief making.

Jonnoj

Quote from: toshes mate on January 04, 2018, 05:19:26 PM
The official pre-match head coach statement about the Southampton game doesn't mention any of this.  I tend to agree with comments suggesting that it is 'old news' about things going wrong prior to Kline's departure that have been dressed up as if it is here and now.  If it isn't it means FST have been lied to in recent meetings and I just cannot see why the Club would do that.

Mischief making.
It's true and it's this vafternoon

flyingfish

Look at Ryan o Donovan Twitter feed. Nor ally he tweets from the press conference this time he hasn't. Was he even there?

Mince n Tatties

Load of tosh if you ask me,made up and GWL have gone along with it...I'm certain it is.
Would have been on Sky news because them idiots love these sort of stories.

Aldo

Quote from: grandad on January 04, 2018, 04:54:01 PM
I can see Slavisa walking very soon & I wouldn´t blame him.

More and more I am getting the impression that he wants to be sacked to get a pay off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baszab

Strange because the ITKs knew that the management team had identified 3,4 players as targets for Jan window

I guess that the usual resistance to actually spend any positive funds has emerged - probably with the gnawing excitement to Khan he could make £30m on RS becoming more irresistible by the day

No question of FPP or sustainability - just an unwillingness to invest and no proper advice from the Directors

Hope its not SJ flexing for a better deal as well - he is well remembered for this at Watford

filham

Yet another apparent disagreement between Coach and Management, something needs sorting.

It would never have happened with MAF in control.

Hoppus

I am happy to see that Slavisa is not a robot with no feelings, how boring would that be? He sure is frustrated by how the transfer policy at Fulham works. I think it's common sense that the head coach should be involved in transfers.

Everyone can see that our squad isn't good enough to fight promotion.

f321ffc

This storey does seem to be gathering momentum but you think if true BBC sport or Sky sports would be reporting it, Getwestlondon reporting but as yet their reporter has not answered my request to verify that he was at the press conference.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Huxley

How long ago was the press conference? A few hours ago. One random tweeter who hasn't posted for a long time and not many followers, then a local rag with an "EXCLUSIVE: ...." if it was at the press conference, surely there would have been other reporters there, not just GWL, and therefore it could NOT be an exclusive... made up BS if you ask me... It is the time of the year where reporters have to be seen getting inside scoops!