more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jokanovic press conference- calls out owner

Started by Cdempsey, January 04, 2018, 04:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: f321ffc on January 04, 2018, 05:33:26 PM
This storey does seem to be gathering momentum but you think if true BBC sport or Sky sports would be reporting it, Getwestlondon reporting but as yet their reporter has not answered my request to verify that he was at the press conference.

Get West London have had more people signing for us than I don't know....Load of tosh.

Riverside

Sadly probably true quotes .
It is the Mourinho form of management . Lobby publicly. 
1) The squad is never good enough . Any success is the managers
2) managers are never sacked for spending too much money but they are sacked when results don't go their way after the best players are sold
3) Joka has 6 months left on his contract and that must influence how he is trying to position himself .
I hope he stays and we get the squad strengthened but certainly miss the elegance of Roy .

I was always taught praise in public and criticise in private .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davew

I won't prejudge whether the statement is true or not and also whether it is a recent statement, it wouldn't surprise me though if SK has changed his mind about spending money after our recent run of form. I predicted this might happen after the Ipswich win (on another thread). The man isn't that stupid is he, jury out on that 1.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Deeping_white

What's weirder about this is that in his Hull pre-match press conference he told a BBC London Sport reporter that the club were looking to sign 3 players, so how do you go from that to this in 6 days??

Riversider

Some of you need to understand that a Fulham press conference is attended by one man minus his dog, the days of the likes of Sky Sports, BT Sport, the BBC and all the national newspapers being in attendance are long gone,
This will probably get picked up by The Mirror and The Sun later on but it will only be a rehash of what we've already read as they  weren't there.

flyingfish

Quote from: TheGreatGatsby on January 04, 2018, 05:34:04 PM
How long ago was the press conference? A few hours ago. One random tweeter who hasn't posted for a long time and not many followers, then a local rag with an "EXCLUSIVE: ...." if it was at the press conference, surely there would have been other reporters there, not just GWL, and therefore it could NOT be an exclusive... made up BS if you ask me... It is the time of the year where reporters have to be seen getting inside scoops!

Exactly. It's bs. I dont believe the club would like to day after signing the mou. The only person who reported it site dead Twitter feed. Gwl have not even been able to verify they were present. Fake news.

flyingfish

jarv

MikeW

So correct Riversider: shows how we have disappeared off the media map.  A lot of it since Ms Brooker left.

Desperate media management by Fulham.  No comment is always bad news.  This is the opportunity for the Khan's to actually live up to their many promises.  Come out, say they will support the manager with XX million and show their colours and commitment. Let's be honest, it's peanuts to them but all the interest and media profile that goes with being a Prem team (and the money) just for investment when and where it matters????? They need some advice, big time.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

flyingfish

Quote from: MikeW on January 04, 2018, 05:57:49 PM
So correct Riversider: shows how we have disappeared off the media map.  A lot of it since Ms Brooker left.

Desperate media management by Fulham.  No comment is always bad news.  This is the opportunity for the Khan's to actually live up to their many promises.  Come out, say they will support the manager with XX million and show their colours and commitment. Let's be honest, it's peanuts to them but all the interest and media profile that goes with being a Prem team (and the money) just for investment when and where it matters????? They need some advice, big time.
Nope best advice is to keep quiet.  You cannot control where the press will take you so don't bother.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: flyingfish on January 04, 2018, 04:59:47 PM
Quote from: SuperFulham323 on January 04, 2018, 04:55:44 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on January 04, 2018, 04:46:16 PM
Guys, ok, its not good but lets give the club a chance to speak. They told the FST that there were significant funds available. Give them a chance to respond before we all start steaming into the owners.

That said, if it is true...it stinks.
Completely agree, I am sure there are problems with the board but I doubt they would lie to the FST and say that we have the ability to get players in if we clearly don't.

Also Jokanovic has said things in the past to force the owners into action and this could be the same thing again.

Let's face it - his English is terrible, Journalists love a story, he always says stuff like this - twitter blows everything out of proportion - probably a storm in a teacup and a communication problem.

Couple this with the statement to FST and also Shad's programme notes vs Barsnley when he specifically promises an active transfer window to get players in, I think Joka is trying to pursue some other agenda, but sadly his english is so bad, everyone's got the wrong end of the stick.
:plus one:

hopper

This is almost definitely real, Ryan O'Donovan who is the reporter there is the most reliable and close to source Fulham journalist, there's pictures on his twitter of the FA cup board for the press conference.

Also, these are direct quotes rather than simply reportage.

It is a big issue, sadly predictable - really does seem to be a problem with us recruiting players Slav doesn't want or need; and chiefly that they think we are good enough to go up when it's clear as day we are a striker and CB short.

Mince n Tatties

Daily Mail now going with the story and quoting,"Get West London Said".. 064.gif

rvFFC

With the whole "we have no clear targets thing" does this mean no targets full stop, or just that the only targets we have Slav doesn't want?

filham

Three big signings tomorrow would kill off this story.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 04, 2018, 06:27:20 PM
Daily Mail now going with the story and quoting,"Get West London Said".. 064.gif
Do you really see anything solid in that sentence?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Chesh

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on January 04, 2018, 06:28:02 PM
With the whole "we have no clear targets thing" does this mean no targets full stop, or just that the only targets we have Slav doesn't want?
He could be referring to the target of where we want to finish - that's the context I took from the quote anyway...
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Facts Not Fiction

He is behaving like a spoilt child.

No need to speak your views to the public. His personal vendetta against the board will get him sacked. And tbh, it's becoming tiring hearing it every window.

Nero

Well if we are waiting until January to discuss targets with the manager we are one hell of a poorly run club,

If true Slav shut up coach what you have, stick to death of him every window I need 25 players to make team strong,  and stop putting square pegs in round holes do your job, pretty much the same team got into the playoff last year if you stop dicking around playing central midfielders as centre-forwards and having grudges against players the stat man brought you might find yourself higher up the league and the money men might consider buying someone instead of spending money to you have yet another hissy fit and not pick them.

oh if you don't like it walk don't look for the pay off

BedsFFC

I read and listen to Slavisa's usual pre & post match comments and I am usually struck as to how he has developed the art of speaking a lot but saying very little. He must be quite frustrating for journalists.

and then every window he does this.

What I am very keen to understand is who exactly is he talking to. Who does he want to hear these comments?

Is he talking to the board? Because he should be. Directly. In private. And if he is not happy with these discussions, he should have the skills to negotiate in private.

Or is he talking to us, the fans? I find this unlikely but he may be. Perhaps we should ask the club and Slavisa to have a monthly 30 mins with Slavisa and the coaches, in private.

Or, is he talking to an audience wider than this? if this is the case, he is openly putting himself on the market to a club who will let him have carte Blanche on all transfers. Laying the blame solely at FFC, so he doesn't come across as trouble.

Remember, the club does talk to us. Regularly, via the FST.

The players have looked so united recently.

Transfer policy is a completely separate (very important, but separate issue).  The coach coming out like this is out of order. Unless of course, the owners are selling us down the river, literally. this doesn't appear to be the case.