watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jokanovic press conference- calls out owner

Started by Cdempsey, January 04, 2018, 04:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

Reference my earlier observation and the comment about 'keeping stum' in front of press.  40 years in the business has taught me 'No comment' or silence doesn't work.  Get the response in first with something positive.  Diffuse the negativity.  Otherwise  you give the pack (the press in this case) something to run with. So the Khans now have a stage on which to perform.  Let's hope they do so.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

toshes mate

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11195631/slavisa-jokanovic-suggests-fulham-should-sack-him-if-he-continues-to-be-overlooked-on-transfers

This is a more digestible form of events but still doesn't hold the Club in good light when it comes to communicating with supporters about what was going to happen in the window we are now in.  If what Jokanovic says is true then it is clear the Club did not tell the truth at the FST meetings about transfers either.  A better communications off icer is clearly needed.

Kentish Gent

Make no mistake, this is concerning. Getwestlondon seems to be a legitimate news source, in which case there's no reason to doubt their report. As a lifelong PR practitioner, my advice to the Board is to make an unequivocal statement repeating their previous claim that funds would be available this transfer window. And ensure that SJ publicly endorses this.

BestOfBrede

Why haven't the owners asked that question then?
Probably because he doesn't keep saying it - it's rehashed?
Or maybe it's because they talk to him and understand his meaning?
Who knows!

Sorry, this was to Lighthouse

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Kentish Gent on January 04, 2018, 09:17:32 PM
Make no mistake, this is concerning. Getwestlondon seems to be a legitimate news source, in which case there's no reason to doubt their report. As a lifelong PR practitioner, my advice to the Board is to make an unequivocal statement repeating their previous claim that funds would be available this transfer window. And ensure that SJ publicly endorses this.
I agree with this because this obviously cannot go on.
We are seeing a big upturn in the teams results and need this to be nipped in the bud asap!

Woolly Mammoth

There is no smoke without 🔥 fire, ask any fire fighter.
I am very worried when an issue of epic proportions of recruiting key targets that Jok, you me and all the Kings men know what's needed in this January window, CF, CB, LB, GK. That it's left in the unqualified hands of Khan, Khans son, The Raincoat, Lovwell etc, no wonder Jok is concerned, who wouldn't be.
I have no confidence in any of these people who run Fulham FC as they haven't given me any reason to, on the evidence provided since Khan took over.
If any of them told me night followed day, I would go and ask somebody else.
Nevertheless, there are 27 days of this Window to go to recruit the players required, but the sooner the better.
So I will keep my powder dry for the moment.
However, if on February 1st, we are still discussing what should have been, which is becoming a habit at the end of each Window, then my suspicions will be confirmed.   
I just hope there is a happy ending to all this.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Apparently the lights were on at Motspur Park,but it was only Hilda came back as she forgot her handbag.👵

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 04, 2018, 09:44:03 PM
Apparently the lights were on at Motspur Park,but it was only Hilda came back as she forgot her handbag.👵

What were the lights doing on in her handbag. 🔦💡🕯

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 04, 2018, 09:46:23 PM

What were the lights doing on in her handbag.

That was her torch,she get scared in the dark.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 04, 2018, 09:49:33 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 04, 2018, 09:46:23 PM

What were the lights doing on in her handbag. 💡🕯

That was her torch,she get scared in the dark.

What this Torch 🔜 🔦

Never forget your Roots.

SG

Quote from: Jims Dentist on January 04, 2018, 07:18:12 PM
Just when you think things are looking up.
I don't trust a word that The Khan's or The Raincoat either write in the program or say at FST meetings.
By now we should be well jnto ßnegotiations for players in the positions that well know need filling and given last summer's awful efforts from the stat's team, those players should be Joca's choices.
This would appear not to go be the case, or this thread would not here.

I'm with you. I don't believe a word the Khans and their management team say. I have no doubt they put a spin on the things said to the FST which would enable them to retract any statement.

Carborundum

What a peculiar business football is.  What on earth enables SJ to say this stuff in public?  If indeed he actually did.   In my estimation there's four things that enable this to happen.

The first is that it is no bad thing and arguably beneficial for SJ if he gets sacked.  He gets paid out for doing no further work.   Better yet, against the Fulham line on his CV he can rightly claim he did a good job and left us stronger than he found us.  Much better story than staying, seeing our form dip and getting the boot.  Not as good as getting promoted with us, but cashing out a bet that is in the money is a fair strategy.  OK, he might get a reputation as difficult to work with, but that hasn't held good managers back elsewhere.

He's previously found that with this owner the squeaky wheel tactic does indeed get the grease.  We have found funds to spend on players in the past after his outbursts.  Mr Kline has left the building.  As tactics go, if it ain't broke.....

He can say this stuff and remain, in the eyes of our owner, comparatively normal and sensible compared to some of the other individuals our owner has had the pleasure of encountering since getting involved in football over here.  Mr Khan may even admire his buccaneering spirit.

Ten festive points out twelve raised the inconvenient spectre of someone deciding that our squad is good enough.  That idea needs addressing now rather than being allowed to develop further should, heaven forbid, we beat a premier league team on Saturday and get delusions of grandeur. 

So whether he said it or not, it's plausible and rational to have come out with it.

YankeeJim

This may be a clue as to why he doesn't stay more than two years anywhere. Accurate or not, he is a bit of a petulant child.
What is this, his third or fourth temper tantrum since he's been here?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Count Flapula

Get the feeling that what Jok was trying to articulate was that he thinks we need to add players for us to get promotion, whilst he's been informed by the club hierarchy that they think we have the tools already without extra additions - yet we are only 10th so if the club think we have the players then it must be Jok that is the problem so maybe they should fire him if that's the case.

Clearly a frustrated man and I have sympathy if he has previously been told we will be active and now that we have no specific targets / we have a sufficient squad to gain promotion. Saying that, to use the media to air these frustrations so publicly may work once, but I am concerned using this tactic so regularly / repetitively has the potential to cause more harm than good - especially while we are on such a good run at present.

Ultimately I hope the club back him, but I also hope he hasn't pushed his luck too far with this tactic / doesn't use it again.

Bassey the warrior

If this is true it's very unwise from Slavisa. You can't call out the owners in public because if they give in they look weak. I can only assume he's incredibly frustrated. Even if he's right, it's better to say it in private. Really hope he doesn't resign or get fired.

Fulham Tup North

There is the argument that maybe Slavisa has spoken to the board and they have renegade on promises of money forthcoming.
He got us to the Play-offs last season and knows that with one or two additions he could do it again. Without the additions he may well know that his task will be that much harder.  Without the boards support he may well believe that he is wasting his time.
Joka has done very well with Fulham these last two seasons, but going public (if he actually did) is a poor move.  I do believe that Joka is the best Manager we have had since Roy and our best bet for getting promoted.
COYW   
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

Perhaps Jok has already spoken to them in private and got nowhere. It seems a recurring theme at every Window. So maybe his frustrations have got the better of him, banging his head against the wall.
We don't know what shenanigans goes on behind closed doors at Fulham FC, but Jok knows.
Please remember that the only reason these issues about Kline became public, was because Kline called the Constabulary. Otherwise the Khans would have swept it under the carpet, and made some official bullshite announcement later. So how many other issues are swept away.
I find it hard to trust Khan, and his son, and let's face it, his son is only in the job because he is his fathers son.
Jok is the only one that is a Professional and a football person amongst the lot of them.
He may or may not have handled the current situation as well as he liked, but the recruiting and stats departments are like an anchor tied round Joks neck.
I would believe Jok before any of that other crew, after all I don't tell my wife how to knit, and the Khans should not be telling Jok whether or not he needs anyone or who he needs.

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Sadly I see nothing from Khan's track record to suggest that he is likely to open the purse strings. Therefore I incline to the belief that the FST were lied to about our intentions in this window. On that basis, very sadly, I cannot see SJ staying although I think he likes the club and the supporters.
I am resigned to the likelihood that he will be replaced by a yes man manager who kowtows to the Khans but achieves zero.
Come on Khan prove me wrong!

The Rock

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 04, 2018, 09:30:44 PM
There is no smoke without 🔥 fire, ask any fire fighter.
I am very worried when an issue of epic proportions of recruiting key targets that Jok, you me and all the Kings men know what's needed in this January window, CF, CB, LB, GK. That it's left in the unqualified hands of Khan, Khans son, The Raincoat, Lovwell etc, no wonder Jok is concerned, who wouldn't be.
I have no confidence in any of these people who run Fulham FC as they haven't given me any reason to, on the evidence provided since Khan took over.
If any of them told me night followed day, I would go and ask somebody else.
Nevertheless, there are 27 days of this Window to go to recruit the players required, but the sooner the better.
So I will keep my powder dry for the moment.
However, if on February 1st, we are still discussing what should have been, which is becoming a habit at the end of each Window, then my suspicions will be confirmed.   
I just hope there is a happy ending to all this.

I love this Woolly. The voice of pre-historic proportions makes sense in the world of today.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: YankeeJim on January 04, 2018, 10:45:37 PM
This may be a clue as to why he doesn't stay more than two years anywhere. Accurate or not, he is a bit of a petulant child.
What is this, his third or fourth temper tantrum since he's been here?

I don't agree!

We all behave differently but why cant he be seen as frustrated, feel he's been let down and is just brave enough to speak out?

I don't suppose you will agree with me but in his time with us Jokanovic has appeared only straight forward and honest while the owners have at the very least been ambiguous about several important issues.