watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The FFC Team Lineup, 2 Years Ago Today

Started by Friendsoffulham, February 06, 2018, 02:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Only three of those players out of that squad still here today.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

love4ffc

Quote from: sunburywhite on February 06, 2018, 02:47:32 PM
only 1 of the starters is still here
Yep, but two of those subs are now key players  :003:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Ged

JakeFFC

What ever happened to Kacaniklic?

Thought he showed glimpses at times but wasn't consistent. Just seemed to drop off the radar.

love4ffc

Quote from: Ged on February 06, 2018, 02:56:25 PM
I cant remember a player called Labyad
I had to refresh my memory on him also as he only made two appearances  :dft001:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

grandad

What a poor squad compared to now. There was certainly some dross then.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Tabby

Quote from: JakeFFC on February 06, 2018, 03:08:54 PM
What ever happened to Kacaniklic?

Thought he showed glimpses at times but wasn't consistent. Just seemed to drop off the radar.

Still at the bench at Nantes. He has the problem that he isn't really that good at anything. He is okay at everything.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

colinwhite

Dont forget defensive organisation. That team leaked goals. we had lots of the things in that 16 that people are still going  on about today. even with the height of burn and Smithe we leeked goals ,especially from corners. Dembelle and Ross could score goals but didnt take part in defending.

Tabby

Quote from: Statto on February 06, 2018, 03:49:21 PM
You say that, but 3 of our current back 5 (Betts, Fredericks and Ream) clearly couldn't even get in the starting XI.

I think Fredericks was just coming back from an injury, I recall him starting whenever he was available.

Jazz mainly played left back.

Jamie88

Quote from: grandad on February 06, 2018, 03:11:38 PM

You say that, but 3 of our current back 5 (Betts, Fredericks and Ream) clearly couldn't even get in the starting XI.

I'd take Amorebieta and Garbutt (on the days he tried) now as well.

Cairney is in.

Then up front, McCormack and Dembele were the best front 2 in the league at the time, and were both at least as good as anyone we've got up front now.

All in all I think 7/8 of that team are as good as we've got now. Yes we've improved in a few positions but IMO more than anything it's been about adding balance, tactics and a deliberate style to our play. Shows what difference a good manager can make when gven time.

Fred was coming back from injury, Betts was injured

Garbutt was pretty awful and Amorebieta was a liability

Southcoastffc

Quote from: grandad on February 06, 2018, 03:11:38 PM

I'd take Amorebieta and Garbutt (on the days he tried) now as well.

Cairney is in.

Then up front, McCormack and Dembele were the best front 2 in the league at the time, and were both at least as good as anyone we've got up front now.

All in all I think 7/8 of that team are as good as we've got now. Yes we've improved in a few positions but IMO more than anything it's been about adding balance, tactics and a deliberate style to our play. Shows what difference a good manager can make when gven time.

Wow! That's a brave call - I doubt many would.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

res

Quote from: Ged on February 06, 2018, 02:56:25 PM
I cant remember a player called Labyad

He wasn't a player, he just turned up to pick up a pay cheque and then go back home.

cmg

Amorbietta won a Copa Sudamericana winners medal when Independiante (Arg) beat Flamengo (Braz) in December.

filham

We didn't recognise how good Ream and Fredericks were two years ago, funny how things change.

brightster

gang

The Rock

Goes to show how close we were to having a really good side, but how far you can be set adrift.

Did we have a manager? Was Kit acting manger? A well organized team with good players makes a big difference.