watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cauley .... again

Started by MikeW, February 07, 2018, 11:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Let's just wish him well for the future.
Maybe things will click for him at some point.
I can't say anything other than good luck!

Fernhurst

I'm really, really trying to stay away from this thread because I understand how I feel about folk who have an derogatory opinion on Cauly.

Just a couple of points:
I played Semi-Pro and he's a dozen times better than that.

I feel very strongly we all should be very careful how we treat "one of our own" Stephan's finger to the lips last Saturday proves players are aware of the so called keyboard experts.

If Cauly leaves the club let him leave with the respect and good wishes of the fans who have followed his Fulham and England journey.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 07, 2018, 05:54:44 PM
71 championship games played and 14 goals scored. Not a complete waste of space, but scoring rate is below par

Only a little better than £9m Fonte.

HatterDon

Quote from: Fernhurst on February 09, 2018, 08:07:13 PM
I'm really, really trying to stay away from this thread because I understand how I feel about folk who have an derogatory opinion on Cauly.

Just a couple of points:
I played Semi-Pro and he's a dozen times better than that.

I feel very strongly we all should be very careful how we treat "one of our own" Stephan's finger to the lips last Saturday proves players are aware of the so called keyboard experts.

If Cauly leaves the club let him leave with the respect and good wishes of the fans who have followed his Fulham and England journey.

that is my hope as well
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

He got into some good scoring positions but unfortunately never kept his head straight or down when shooting.
Consequently he ballooned a lot over the bar and way wide.
I always thought a good coach could drum that into him and I'd envisaged him practicing under the spotlights at
MP shot after shot etc.
But it never transpired.
I think he's not as good as he could or should have been.
Time yet I reckon
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

filham

Quote from: Statto on February 09, 2018, 09:53:58 PM
Quote from: filham on February 09, 2018, 08:20:29 PM
71 championship games played and 14 goals scored. Not a complete waste of space, but scoring rate is below par

Just so you know, It's ok to say all sorts of horrible things about Fonte because he's foreign. But Woodrow is from Luton's academy therefore perceived to be a local lad or "one of our own" so people will get wound up if you say anything remotely negative about him.
In these days when stats are all important surely it is worthwhile comparing the goalscoring rate of a striker we have paid £9m for with one we are possibly about to let go for free.

ffcne

Very good point .Think Woodrow could have been given more of a chance.
Fonte's had enough at 9 million

MikeW

To add to the opinion (s), in The Fan Matrix (in the 'i') this morning a Bristol City fan describes him as a liability.  Not going well.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

davew

Quote from: ffcne on February 10, 2018, 01:47:00 PM

Very good point .Think Woodrow could have been given more of a chance.
Fonte's had enough at 9 million
Fonte has been picked yet again today, Joka sees something we obviously don't!! We can't argue about the results achieved lately though!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

HatterDon

Quote from: MikeW on February 10, 2018, 02:38:45 PM
To add to the opinion (s), in The Fan Matrix (in the 'i') this morning a Bristol City fan describes him as a liability.  Not going well.

Reminds me of a long-time poster on here who remarked that every match he went to, a guy in a neighboring seat spent the entire 90 minutes complaining about the same player -- useless, waste of money, lazy, stupid, hopeless. The player? Danny Murphy.

800 Bristol City fans having the same opinion wouldn't have any more validity. Supporters see what they can see from their seat or what they want to see.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel