watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ayite

Started by Milo, February 27, 2018, 01:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Some poor shots when he had better options at the weekend.

Definitely a place up for grabs for me...

Piazon had a quiet game a few weeks ago... Ayite this weekend... Fonte has always been quiet...

Not sure our style suits Mitro and Kamara in the same starting line up but who knows!

There's a school of thought for leaving the team alone at the moment but my gut instinct says Piazon deserves the place more. Where does everyone stand?

Andy S

Let the manager decide that is where I stand.

davew

Maybe give Kebano a start, don't think Piazon or Ayite have been that good lately.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Jonno

Kebano is a good shout, he has been a bit unlucky to be dropped

Facts Not Fiction

Ayite put a lot of effort in defensively. I'm not his biggest fan, but his effort on Saturday was unquestionable.

toshes mate

There are always 'better options' when something doesn't come off, and I thought Ayite put in a good shift, especially when tracking back, and certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped.  However, teams are picked according to tactics and what happens during the training sessions which we do not see.  I have every faith that the coaches will put together the best team to beat Derby and if Ayite is one of them and scores from the halfway line then I will rejoice very loudly indeed.

Matt10

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on February 27, 2018, 01:56:24 PM
Ayite put a lot of effort in defensively. I'm not his biggest fan, but his effort on Saturday was unquestionable.

Completely agree. He also maintained possession better, distributed the ball well enough. He and Fredericks seemed to work in tandem down the right hand side very nicely. I do thing that RW spot is up for grabs though. We have plenty of options, which is a great thing to have - such incredible depth!

FulhamStu

I would go with Ayite, then being subbed off for Kebano, esp if we need a goal.
Piazon is technically great but a little lightweight as is Ojo dispite his size, but
Ojo has speed and ability.   I would not be against Christie coming on for the last
20 minutes in front of Fred if we need to hold a lead.   But Ayite has the best all round
game and fits the team ethic the best.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Ojo certainly has speed, but I gave been disappointed with his knowing when to part with the ball. I could say greediness.
Sometimes he comes off, especially when given room, but too often he falls, or dives when tackled.

bobby01

Poor old Floyd, works his socks off going forwards and helping Fredericks, totally nullified their attacks down the left, and still gets slated. I think he is a vital part of our team and we play better with him in the side.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

colinwhite

Ayete has got a lot of criticism of late. A bit harsh i think as he was the creator Sesss goal against Villa (fooling 2 players with a little shimmy and then playing the ball in behind for fredricks to run on to ) ,as well as scoring the 2nd . In fact even before that it was when he started coming off his line that we stared to get on top. He is wasteful at times  but can beat A man,more often than not without losing possesion. Most importantly he is 2 way and good one on one defensivey. Piazon and Sess are also both 2 way ,hard working players and i suspect piazon and Ayete to rotate with each other due to injury issues with both of them.
ojo and kemano are primarily attacking players, and not really 2 way. Kemano in my opinion s the closest thing to a "winger" we have. Ojo is more of a second striker. Dont think Joka trusts either of these 2 against the better teams as they lose possession too cheaply at times.
Playing Kamara alongside Mitro completely changes the balance of the side. kamara for me is useful at the end of games when teams are less organised or when we have to go a bit gung ho. The selection and substituions in the wolves game says it all really.

To be really honest the weak link in the last 3 games has been Sessingon. Controversial i know but goals aside he has been struggling ,due of course in part to opposition teams catering for him and also expectancy levels which clearly escalated unrealistly away since he is now playing in a more forward position game after game .To me hes not that great defensively. I know ,hes only 17 and all that but the fact remains that he has struggled in many parts of our build up play in the last few games. Neither suggesting or expecting that he will be dropped any time soon but at the moment he is a very good championship player. Will he get better? Hopefully but who knows for sure ?

twang

Ayite was wasteful with his chances against Wolves but the effort he put in doing the dirty work by always tracking Douglas can't be underestimated. Everyone who has played as a winger, in any level, knows how easy it is to switch off for just a moment which allows the opposing full back acres of space and how devastating that can be.

Plus, a week earlier he released Freddo for the first goal against Villa and scored the second one himself so it's not like he never contributes in attack.

JOND999

this is the deepest Fulham team we've had in the last 5 years or so.  fun to have quality choices.

colinwhite

cairney with his right foot  ?  i dont think so !! (Ayete did it with his wrong foot)

Arthur

I agree with the view expressed by those on here who recognise the exceptional defensive work Ayite did on Saturday, along with his attacking contribution against Villa.

The aspect of his game I'd like to see him improve is his ability to exploit a counter-attacking opportunity. Floyd's good at dropping off his man and finding a pocket of space some thirty-or-thirty-five yards-or-so from goal. Upon receiving the ball, however, he rarely attacks the space in front of him in an attempt to draw opponents out of position. Mostly, he lays the ball off in exactly the same manner as he would, had he been closely marked. To me, this is a wasted opportunity to do some damage. On the occasions he does find himself running at our opponent's goal, moreover, his choice of what to do and when to do it is often not the best. As someone wrote on here after the Villa game, Ayite's decision - having broken three-on-two in the second-half - to ignore the unmarked Mitrovic, to his right, and try to put in on goal a player (Sessegnon?) in a more-crowded space to his left, was nothing short of criminal.

All the same, I like Floyd. I just think that he has more to offer. I can imagine that, on the training pitch, he looks like a PL player.

I also agree with the poster who was frustrated with Ojo's attacking impotence on Saturday. Each time, he ambled towards his opponent as if his marker would simply melt away. He needs to realise that to beat his full-back, he has to make it happen by doing something skilful.

Milo

Quote from: Arthur on February 27, 2018, 04:24:18 PM
I agree with the view expressed by those on here who recognise the exceptional defensive work Ayite did on Saturday, along with his attacking contribution against Villa.

The aspect of his game I'd like to see him improve is his ability to exploit a counter-attacking opportunity. Floyd's good at dropping off his man and finding a pocket of space some thirty-or-thirty-five yards-or-so from goal. Upon receiving the ball, however, he rarely attacks the space in front of him in an attempt to draw opponents out of position. Mostly, he lays the ball off in exactly the same manner as he would, had he been closely marked. To me, this is a wasted opportunity to do some damage. On the occasions he does find himself running at our opponent's goal, moreover, his choice of what to do and when to do it is often not the best. As someone wrote on here after the Villa game, Ayite's decision - having broken three-on-two in the second-half - to ignore the unmarked Mitrovic, to his right, and try to put in on goal a player (Sessegnon?) in a more-crowded space to his left, was nothing short of criminal.

All the same, I like Floyd. I just think that he has more to offer. I can imagine that, on the training pitch, he looks like a PL player.

I also agree with the poster who was frustrated with Ojo's attacking impotence on Saturday. Each time, he ambled towards his opponent as if his marker would simply melt away. He needs to realise that to beat his full-back, he has to make it happen by doing something skilful.

Ojo ambling towards the defence is the Ojo we first saw in his first few games. Lethargic was how I described him and not worth playing. He then turned that around with a few big performances! So I'd be inclined to give him chance to get himself back in the groove.

twang

Quote from: colinwhite on February 27, 2018, 03:56:43 PM
cairney with his right foot  ?  i dont think so !! (Ayete did it with his wrong foot)

Nah, Ayite is right-footed and scored with it against Villa.

colinwhite

I stand corrected twang ,are you sure? looks very good with his left too.

bill taylors apprentice

Ayite helps the team perform as the manger requires first and foremost, if he chips in with a few goals and assists  then he's done his job well!

filham

Hard to choose the best player for that wide right spot , several players in contention from Kamara, Ayite, Kebano, Piazon and Fonte.
Possibly best to choose the two with the most pace to play 45 minutes each.