more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Denis Odoi

Started by Peabody, March 07, 2018, 08:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EastEndWhite

Quote from: bucksfulham on March 07, 2018, 10:04:39 AM
I was impressed too but in the second half he was very lucky to get away with two dreadful passes which were intercepted and could have put us in trouble.

It all adds to the excitement of the game.

Milo

He fits the "attacks start from the back" mould in that he is more comfortable on the ball than Kalas and that's seemingly what's important to Slavisa. Or at least, it is when there's not much in it defensively between the two.

Unfortunately the reckless passing at times last game means he arguably loses that advantage.. and Kalas might just tip the balance over with his slightly better defensive attributes.

Could be a see saw this season between those two based on their last performances. At least it'll keep things competitive!

Twig

Quote from: Deeping_white on March 08, 2018, 10:09:12 AM
Quote from: MJG on March 07, 2018, 01:10:54 PM
Quote from: Twig on March 07, 2018, 01:06:44 PM
I take a different view.  I would like to see Odoi continue instead of Kalas.  Yes, there were two misplaced passes but he gives us so much in other parts of the game.; a great deal of our build up play went through Dennis, he is a ballplayer like Ream and that takes some pressure off Tim, he is not afraid to get forward either on a run or in support and that gives us an extra option.  No CB is perfect (well very few) but for me Odoi edges it over Kalas given our style of play.
I will disagree.
As well as Odoi has done in covering that position his body positioning as a full back is one reason why he made those two bad passes. He goes to square on where as other CB's can pass crossfield standing at a different angle. Its not the first time he has done it.
He makes up for a lot of his lacking as a centre back using his general overall ability, but a CB he is not and I would revert to Kalas when fit.

Another thing which might be me being slightly picky is his tendency to get caught under the ball when crosses come from out wide into the box. He's done it a couple of times this season and it happened early on again on Tuesday. Don't get me wrong because I love how versatile he is to play across any position in the back four, but I just see Kalas as the slightly more solid centre half option.

He has a better spring than Kalas, a remarkable ability to defend against crosses given his height.  But I agree there isn't much in it between the two. I slightly prefer the more attacking style of Odoi and his ability to play out from the back but I agree that Kalas is the more solid defensively.

Mullers OG

We're lucky to have him.  Week in, week out he performs quietly and very competently no matter which position he plays in.  One of the strengths of the team at the moment is the ability of the players who don't always play to fit into the side so that we, the supporters, don't notice any drop off in standard.

There was a rumour he was leaving last summer.  Thank heavens he didn't.  For my money one of our players of the season.

@jolslover

Quote from: Chutney on March 07, 2018, 11:43:05 AM
Odoi has been excellent for us in multiple roles now, he's the new chris baird in my eyes, you can play him anywhere any he won't let you down.

Agree
STH H3