watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Haven't felt this optimistic in years

Started by Forever Fulham, March 09, 2018, 02:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

This team is special.  The manager is special.  The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.  Some stretches of play are so good, you just sit there, slack jawed, and stare.  Well, I do anyway.  What the hell is going on?  The passing, sublime.  The movement with purpose.  The respect we're given by our opponents on the pitch.  What can they do?  Play dirty cynical football.  And somebody please tell me what did this club ever do to cause the referees to fail to do their job so often.  And still we win. 

And the defense...  Remember, say, 15 months ago?  What a difference.

F(f)CUK

I am also, but this is tempered by my naturally depressive mood. I cannot stop thinking that if we don't go up, our six loanees return and we lose Sess, Fredericks and Cairney.

RaySmith

My optimism is tempered by long years of following Fulham.

But things feel great at the moment - long may this continue.

davew

We were playing great football this time last year, in fact maybe even better at times, but the defence was always a worry. The only change in staff is Targett so not sure why there has been such a big improvement over last season, whatever it is long may it continue!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fernhurst

Quote from: RaySmith on March 09, 2018, 07:02:18 AM

:plus one:
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

alfie

Quote from: F(f)CUK on March 09, 2018, 06:53:20 AM
I am also, but this is tempered by my naturally depressive mood. I cannot stop thinking that if we don't go up, our six loanees return and we lose Sess, Fredericks and Cairney.
Don't think about it until necessary, just enjoy what we have at the moment, if we go up those players may want to stay especially if their mother clubs don't want them, Targett and Mitrovic will probably go as I reckon their clubs would want them back.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

We are in a better position this season as opposed to this time last season.
We have already managed to reach 4th, and hopefully we can stay at least 4th, anything higher would be gratefully received. 
Last year we were playing catch up, and all our energies were in chasing the top six.
It's a different scenario now. The team/squad have had another year together, we look healthier on and off the pitch.
Clearly Mitrovic and Targett have given us a far better balance, and Sess is looking more comfortable in his role further up the pitch.
We are looking a far more accomplished outfit and more grit has been added.
So let's hope it all goes according to plan, we may never have a better chance. ⚽️⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Quote from: RaySmith on March 09, 2018, 07:02:18 AM

:plus one: