more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Warnock press conference

Started by BedsFFC, March 29, 2018, 02:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

Quite revealing what his main topic was:

"I had to have a word about the next five weeks. I won't be punishing people if they pull out of tackles if it's silly to go into it... the lads know usually I don't like them pulling out of tackles but in the next few weeks we've got to be careful what with so many games, we'll have to taper it."

I suppose you can't knock it. They're in 2nd place and look destined for the premiership. Flipping annoying if they go up though

Fernhurst

Wish his father had pulled out!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Peabody

Quote from: Fernhurst on March 29, 2018, 03:07:06 PM

Oooh Fernie, you are awful but I like you!!!

Andy S

They will come straight back down so don't worry

BedsFFC

Quote from: Andy S on March 29, 2018, 03:15:08 PM

I want instant gratification. None of this long game stuff

LVBPTS

Quote from: Fernhurst on March 29, 2018, 03:07:06 PM

literally laughed out loud at that coment
Supporter since 2000

VicHalomsLovechild

SG

Wingnut

Quote from: Andy S on March 29, 2018, 03:15:08 PM

Without a shadow of a doubt. That style of play won't wash in the PL.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

filham

Thought it would be a little dangerous telling his players to soften up with only eight games to go, could just be his undoing.

bog

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Just remember what we all said about Huddersfield after the play offs.

All credit to them the way they have held their own, at least for this season.

HV71

bahay18

he was also saying that Cardiff don't mind if they go up or not because they have had a good season anyway . But fulham and villa have to go up because they have spent so much money.https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolves-fulham-aston-villa-go-14471722

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on March 29, 2018, 08:27:21 PM
Just remember what we all said about Huddersfield after the play offs.

All credit to them the way they have held their own, at least for this season.

They are only 3 points above the relegation zone and have a poor goal difference.  They could still end up back in the Championship next season.  Hopefully they will stay up.  There are other teams I would rather see relegated.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: bahay18 on March 29, 2018, 08:55:21 PM
he was also saying that Cardiff don't mind if they go up or not because they have had a good season anyway . But fulham and villa have to go up because they have spent so much money.https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolves-fulham-aston-villa-go-14471722

He's right in a sense. One of Fulham or villa won't be promoted. And that's down to us starting poorly. A daft pre season with no aims and no goals, poorly planned and that's all it comes down to, added to poor recruiting in the summer. Aston Villa have had their ups and downs and it's all their own doings .
Cardiff have undoubtedly the weakest squad of the top 7/8 but they go and score more than whoever they play and shut up shop. Simple game plan, simple but effective and keep it consistent . Not relying on specific individuals like we did last season or early this season when we blamed performances on not having Cairney etc.
If we start next season in the championship seeing that team in the premier league, we only have ourselves to blame. Yea they've got the results but we've shot ourselves in the foot having THIS squad and having to play catch up

hovewhite

We have done well post xmas, would love it to get back.
If we don't then another season at this level and it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Jimsbeerbelly

Warnock is a very clever man. For me, he's verbally lumping the pressure on both Fulham and Villa, but, at the same time, playing down the pressure on his Cardiff side.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on March 29, 2018, 10:48:26 PM
Warnock is a very clever man. For me, he's verbally lumping the pressure on both Fulham and Villa, but, at the same time, playing down the pressure on his Cardiff side.

He's clever alright, he's covering his @rse. They have a horrible run in and now the extra game with Derby. Who need to stop the rot fast. If they drop from their automatic spot, people will ask how did they lose it and he'll say "we didn't the other teams had more money. I told you that weeks ago." There was so many other things he could of said. There's a hint of fear here.

Whitesideup

And by implication with Cardiff having spent less money, that of course makes him a better manager. Well, he certainly moans about refs better than most. But I agree with Statto .. we haven't made big money signings, and Fonte  (our biggest for a while I think) was effectively a swap for Aluko.