Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas White

Quote from: Milo on July 20, 2018, 08:57:18 PM
Quote from: General on July 20, 2018, 08:55:15 PM
Quote from: GJB96 on July 20, 2018, 08:49:59 PM
Richarlison got 5 goals and 8 assists across last season, which as a 20 year old winger in your first season in the premier league is decent IMO. He also came straight from playing in the Brazilian league and playing regularly for the Brazil U20 national team (which meant no summer break) to start for Watford last September, so was naturally knackered come the second half of the season so his performance got worse. £50 mill is far too much money, but the player they're getting looks very promising.

Malcom contributed to 19 of Bordeaux's 56 goals last season and is 21 and costs 10£m less.

"But can he do it on a wet and windy night in Stoke?"

it's the same weather in France...

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: fulhamben on July 20, 2018, 08:37:30 PM
I've been in the championship for too long. I haven't got a clue who he is
.....and did not realise that prices had gone so insane!!!  :(
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

OMalleyCat

I'm wondering if any players will be announced over the weekend or held back until next week? Fabri and Mitro are pretty much certain now.

From twitter:

Fabri: "I want to play with Fulham, I really like to play there, I love Besiktas, but it's time to get into a new adventure."

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

wheelerdeeler

Provided they're actually signed up, there's no difference between announcing them at midnight, tomorrow or Monday. Everyone's in France at the minute, including Geoff Pruce from the media team so I'd doubt we'll see anything tomorrow or Sunday. (Hopefully) get them a full week of training before we go to Germany next weekend.

David I

Quote from: ollienixs on July 20, 2018, 06:33:37 PM
Everton about to tie up Richarlison from Watford for £50m.... crazy money
That is just pathetic....... No way is Richarlison worth £50m.. That must make Sess £150m

David I

Quote from: filham on July 20, 2018, 06:51:35 PM
Name after name on this thread but still we have not replaced the loan players that have gone missing and only three weeks until the big KO.
Is the Chairman aware that we are performing in a manner that could make us relegation favourites before the season starts and a relegation certainty by Christmas.

Oh dear that is a bit hard, but we really should have done a lot more by now.
One of the reasons Joka is not renewing.. ...
I called it a while ago and was called a WUM. Then some that claimed I was a WUM said he was signing last week.. Did that happen? Erm no!
Joka may very well sign an extension but he is pretty p1553d that he's expected to work miracles. He's fighting a constant battle as to who he wants in v those the scouts/ stat process wants hence Parker return.
Parker on standby to cover Joka as next HC.. Alledgedly

Deeping_white

Quote from: David I on July 20, 2018, 11:34:16 PM
Name after name on this thread but still we have not replaced the loan players that have gone missing and only three weeks until the big KO.
Is the Chairman aware that we are performing in a manner that could make us relegation favourites before the season starts and a relegation certainty by Christmas.

I called it a while ago and was called a WUM. Then some that claimed I was a WUM said he was signing last week.. Did that happen? Erm no!
Joka may very well sign an extension but he is pretty p1553d that he's expected to work miracles. He's fighting a constant battle as to who he wants in v those the scouts/ stat process wants hence Parker return.

The reason you got called a wum is because the only thing you seem to be ITK about at the club is our manager not wanting to sign a contract extension, nothing else. Seems quite odd that one little snippet you happen to know could be made up based on recycling rumours from last summer, and now you rehash it by saying he might sign but won't be happy if he does - do you not think it odd that someone would sign a contract extension whilst not being happy, in your own words, because the transfer model we employ is how we've operated as a club for quite a while now and if he really didn't like it then I'm sure he'd walk.

It looks like we're about to sign the striker he wants most of all, and I doubt he'd be upset with us signing a keeper that the goalkeeping coach he wanted at the club, recommended we sign as well. By all means elaborate as to how you know what you claim to know, but seeing as it's just one thing you pop up with periodically, you can understand the skepticism I'm sure.

Texas White

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 20, 2018, 11:45:39 PM

The reason you got called a wum is because the only thing you seem to be ITK about at the club is our manager not wanting to sign a contract extension, nothing else. Seems quite odd that one little snippet you happen to know could be made up based on recycling rumours from last summer, and now you rehash it by saying he might sign but won't be happy if he does - do you not think it odd that someone would sign a contract extension whilst not being happy, in your own words, because the transfer model we employ is how we've operated as a club for quite a while now and if he really didn't like it then I'm sure he'd walk.

It looks like we're about to sign the striker he wants most of all, and I doubt he'd be upset with us signing a keeper that the goalkeeping coach he wanted at the club, recommended we sign as well. By all means elaborate as to how you know what you claim to know, but seeing as it's just one thing you pop up with periodically, you can understand the skepticism I'm sure.

nice answer..

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 20, 2018, 11:45:39 PM

Plus, regardless of what some people would have you believe. The Khan's aren't stupid. No chance they'd give a "rookie" manager their first chance should Jokanovic go this season after Meulensteen and Kit and how they turned out. I like Parker, and down the road could see him managing us, but not after one year of coaching Spurs' kids.

The Rock

Khans won't fail again don't think. After Seri, We mean biz.

It's heart wrenching, but it'll be done.

Mitro came at what time was it?

toshes mate

Parker on standby to cover Joka as next HC.. Allegedly.
Following the logic of much that has happened at FFC over the years I have also wondered about this.  In a little under a year's time if a coat of paint called 'eggshell reality' has been applied over the 'white wall gloss' of  May then who'd want to stick around to watch it dry?

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rock on July 21, 2018, 03:28:06 AM

It was Mitro-Jokanovic very quick thinking time and we need a copious dose of it right here, right now. 

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on July 21, 2018, 07:10:44 AM

It was Mitro-Jokanovic very quick thinking time and we need a copious dose of it right here, right now.
More to that story than just a WhatsApp, message.
Just the views of a long term fan

Riverside

[/quote]

Or the alternate view .
Stuart Gray was the back up - he has gone
Parker is Joka's choice and his appointment shows his commitment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrFFC

Fabri & Mitrovic will be 2 good signings let's hope we get them done soon. Another CB , LB , RM needed after that for me. Maybe another striker in case Mitrovic got injured
Come on you Whites!! :)

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on July 21, 2018, 07:54:39 AM
More to that story than just a WhatsApp, message.
For sure everybody will want a piece of anything successful and claim a role.  But there is only ever one true version and I doubt any of us will ever hear it.

HillingdonFFC

Mawson not coming, Fulham wont meet Swansea's valuation 23m, Burnley will
Hes meeting Dyche today

DevonFFC

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 21, 2018, 09:13:49 AM
Mawson not coming, Fulham wont meet Swansea's valuation 23m, Burnley will
Hes meeting Dyche today

That's a shame

alexbishop

Quote from: Statto on July 21, 2018, 10:20:19 AM

I hope you're right.

The thing is that even relatively recently, we've still appeared terrible at transfer business at times. Remember January 2017. We had 2 strikers, Chris Martin who wanted to leave, and Matt Smith. The clubs around us were making moves for Rhodes, Nugent, Gestede et al. We sold Matt Smith and failed with a last-minute attempt to sign AK47. Perhaps I occassionally exagerate some drama on here but that evening, when the window shut, I genuinely remember thinking it must be some sort of joke or mistake until about 10am the next morning when it was finally clear beyond all doubt that there was no one else coming in. You could tell from Jokanovic's interviews the next day he felt the same way.

Oh god yes I remember that well. I had the same feeling. There's no shame in saying that we aren't fantastic at transfer windows. I wonder if it's because we set our sights quite high in terms of quality of player but don't have the financials to back it up. Ali Mac does like to nickle and dime over fees and wages etc. and I have no issue with that given the relatively small size of the club. The consequence is that we probably lose out on a lot of targets and have to bring players in last minute or, if there's no one available last minute that's an improvement on current players, not bring in any one at all (Jan 17).
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

colinwhite

Quote from: Statto on July 21, 2018, 10:20:19 AM

I hope you're right.

The thing is that even relatively recently, we've still appeared terrible at transfer business at times. Remember January 2017. We had 2 strikers, Chris Martin who wanted to leave, and Matt Smith. The clubs around us were making moves for Rhodes, Nugent, Gestede et al. We sold Matt Smith and failed with a last-minute attempt to sign AK47. Perhaps I occassionally exagerate some drama on here but that evening, when the window shut, I genuinely remember thinking it must be some sort of joke or mistake until about 10am the next morning when it was finally clear beyond all doubt that there was no one else coming in. You could tell from Jokanovic's interviews the next day he felt the same way.

Felt the same Statto . But all those players you mentioned Rhodes etc failed to set the world alight (possible exception of Nugent ),so with the benefit of high insight we did the right thing not to sign any of them.Especially when you consider our FFP predicament  at the time .