https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolverineFFC

Quote from: fulhamben on July 21, 2018, 07:34:36 PM
Quote from: General on July 21, 2018, 07:26:23 PM
Anyone have any idea of andre schurrle? In talks with an unnamed  premier league club - think I saw somewhere it was a London based club?

Considering it's unnamed could be anyone although crystal palace fans seem the keenest. Being an unnamed club does tie into fulham's policy of keeping things quiet and as I'm led to believe we were interested in Malcom another RW who seems to be on his way to Roma, although someone suggested his preference was a premiership club.

Currently 27 so under 28 policy, lost his way a bit recently and also has had personal issues with breaking up with his fiancée - so a family club, with less pressure could work well for him?
was he the lad that played for Chelsea? If he is the one I'm thinking of, then he was fantastic for them, and I can't believe they let him go

He hasn't been able to stay healthy at Dortmund, so that would be my concern.

wheelerdeeler

I brought up Schurrle in another thread. Think he could be the sort of player who does well being the "big fish" player rather than being a bit part player like he was at Chelsea and Dortmund. Would be all over him if I was Tony Khan. He can play RW, LW or even Striker if Mitrovic doesn't work out for whatever reason.

Would think we're more likely to try and loan him though. Think our RW signing will be someone like Bolasie on loan.

spikey norman

According to Sky Danny Welbeck could be available for £15 million.
Is he someone we should consider?

Woolly Mammoth

I would consider Danny Welbeck, plenty of Premier League experience, and a proven goal scorer.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

F(f)CUK

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 21, 2018, 08:45:05 PM
I would consider Danny Welbeck, plenty of Premier League experience, and a proven goal scorer.
he's always injured though.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

Jose Fonte signs for Lille.
Ross to Sunderland on loan(pending)
Plymouth Argyle after Cauley.

EJL

Riversider

According to press reports this morning Chris Smalling has been told that he can leave Man Utd as they consider a bid for Harry Maguire,
If I was Fulham I would move heaven and earth to get Smalling back here, at 6ft 4 with a calm and composed temperament he is just the sort of player we are crying out for,
A far better centre half than anybody else that we currently have on our books.
Settling in at this late stage should be a lot easier as well, Smalling and two top drawer full backs to bomb up and down the line and I'll start to breathe a little easier,
I'll leave others to go o.t.t over Mitrovic this week I'm going to hold my emotions in check until we sign at least 3 decent defenders and Smalling would make a great start.

hovewhite

Smalling,he would add a lot to the squad and make us all feel a lot easier and a quality player.

OMalleyCat

Schurrle is back in London talking to Palace and Fulham apparently.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

choice_of_ends

Schurrle to leave Dortmund. Rumours about CPFC/Zaha switch or FFC.

fulhamben

Quote from: OMalleyCat on July 22, 2018, 08:13:44 AM

Palace pay decent wages, so I'd be amazed if we can make this happen
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Riversider

Quote from: fulhamben on July 22, 2018, 08:49:23 AM
Quote from: OMalleyCat on July 22, 2018, 08:13:44 AM

Palace pay decent wages, so I'd be amazed if we can make this happen

Palace can't offer him a Chelsea kit to play in though like we can !

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: Riversider on July 22, 2018, 07:42:17 AM
According to press reports this morning Chris Smalling has been told that he can leave Man Utd as they consider a bid for Harry Maguire,
If I was Fulham I would move heaven and earth to get Smalling back here, at 6ft 4 with a calm and composed temperament he is just the sort of player we are crying out for,
Settling in at this late stage should be a lot easier as well, Smalling and two top drawer full backs to bomb up and down the line and I'll start to breathe a little easier,
I'll leave others to go o.t.t over Mitrovic this week I'm going to hold my emotions in check until we sign at least 3 decent defenders and Smalling would make a great start.

This is a great shout and why not Joe Hart while we're at it, unless the Besiktas keeper really is on the way?  City are so desperate to get rid of him, they'd probably drive him down to us. Can't see fees for either being too high as both clubs want rid and they cover off the lack of Premier League experience at a stroke. Plus, if they really want to play, they'd need to be realistic on wages. Just a thought.

Riversider

Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on July 22, 2018, 09:51:37 AM

This is a great shout and why not Joe Hart while we're at it, unless the Besiktas keeper really is on the way?  City are so desperate to get rid of him, they'd probably drive him down to us. Can't see fees for either being too high as both clubs want rid and they cover off the lack of Premier League experience at a stroke. Plus, if they really want to play, they'd need to be realistic on wages. Just a thought.

The quoted price for Hart is £5 million !!! Wages would be high but still seems a bargain to me,

Woolly Mammoth

Plus Joe Hart and Chris Smalling are already playing and living in England, and know the Premier League inside out, or is that too sensible and obvious. Plus I wouldn't say no to Jack Grealish and Danny Welbeck for the same reasons.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

keithh

Deeping_white

Quote from: Riversider on July 22, 2018, 10:01:39 AM
Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on July 22, 2018, 09:51:37 AM

The quoted price for Hart is £5 million !!! Wages would be high but still seems a bargain to me,

Did you see how many mistakes Joe Hart made last season for West Ham? There's a reason he's that cheap and it's because he's not very good any more. Maybe 5 years ago he was a solid keeper, nowadays he's a mistake waiting to happen and his confidence is shot to pieces.

the nutflush

Schurrle and Smalling now please. Press the button!