watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelmo

Re the Standard article... It says Southampton want 10m for Targett...

I like Targett but that is definitely 5m too much for him.

LVBPTS

Quote from: Arthur on July 31, 2018, 10:48:15 AM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 31, 2018, 10:16:12 AM
Quote from: jelmo on July 31, 2018, 10:14:06 AM
I thought Mawson was in Swansea after completing his medical yesterday!???

Nope he was in Swansea yesterday, had a medical booked in at MP 9am this morning

Thank you for this.

So the claim, yesterday evening, (on the back of someone else's mistaken belief that Mawson had already completed his medical) that it (Mawson's transfer) had been 'done and dusted for hours' was, as I thought, just a guess - nothing more.

looking for an argument for no reason. just let it go. if you dont believe someone, dont. no need to start throwing digs is there
Supporter since 2000

GJB

What time Mawson gets announced today will probably depend on how long it takes the people behind Fulham's twitter to make his welcome to the club video haha

the nutflush

Quote from: jelmo on July 31, 2018, 10:55:32 AM

With current prices the way they are he is worth well in excess of 5m.

jelmo

Quote from: the nutflush on July 31, 2018, 11:05:28 AM

With current prices the way they are he is worth well in excess of 5m.

I agree. But what I was saying is that I dont think he is worth more than 10m

twang

It actually says that Southampton want £15m for him and that none of Fulham's offers have exceeded £10m yet.

"Southampton want £15m for Targett but Fulham are yet to increase their offer past £10m and the two clubs are still £5m apart in respective valuations."

the nutflush

Quote from: twang on July 31, 2018, 11:17:57 AM

It actually says that Southampton want £15m for him and that none of Fulham's offers have exceeded £10m yet.

"Southampton want £15m for Targett but Fulham are yet to increase their offer past £10m and the two clubs are still £5m apart in respective valuations."

15m is taking the PI55 a bit though.

Barry@ENF

Quote from: corbs83 on July 31, 2018, 10:58:07 AM

Nope he was in Swansea yesterday, had a medical booked in at MP 9am this morning

Thank you for this.

So the claim, yesterday evening, (on the back of someone else's mistaken belief that Mawson had already completed his medical) that it (Mawson's transfer) had been 'done and dusted for hours' was, as I thought, just a guess - nothing more.

looking for an argument for no reason. just let it go. if you dont believe someone, dont. no need to start throwing digs is there

Surely he is as entitled to post his opinion every bit as much as you or those who claim knowledge which is nothing of the sort by my understanding of the word.

I do not want to seem too harsh but if it irks you,  perhaps you should just let it go. Hillingdon's posts have been a breath of fresh air, displaying as they do opinions based on fact with no overblown forecasts or waffly excuses why something has not happened on a particular day.

Tabby

Fulham and Besiktas are in for Genoa forward Lapadula according to tuttomercatoweb. Price said to be around €15 million.

Probably nothing, but nice to break up the monotony of the rumours for the same three people we've had the last couple of days.

Arthur

Thank you for this.

I understand your view. Sorry I'm not as 'laissez-faire' with it as you are.

After seeing post after post over the past couple of weeks, my patience with the pretence ran out. In my own small way, however, I helped to ease my annoyance.

Judge me more harshly than he who is misleading others if you must, but that's how it is.

Bryanthebroom

Quote from: Tabby on July 31, 2018, 11:35:25 AM
Fulham and Besiktas are in for Genoa forward Lapadula according to tuttomercatoweb. Price said to be around €15 million.

Probably nothing, but nice to break up the monotony of the rumours for the same three people we've had the last couple of days.

Well he's the right age. A lot of the players we've been linked with have been around the 27/28 mark.

Edit: Having done some youtube research, can see some truth in this one. His highlights reel is a carbon copy of Mitro's. Drops deep often for the ball, shows strength to hold it up, lays it off. Also works hard to run the channels and track back. Has scored some crackers too.

LVBPTS

Quote from: Arthur on July 31, 2018, 11:36:01 AM

Thank you for this.

After seeing post after post over the past couple of weeks, my patience with the pretence ran out. In my own small way, however, I helped to ease my annoyance.

Judge me more harshly than he who is misleading others if you must, but that's how it is.

have Wooly and Hillingdon not been bang on with most things? could it not be that sky are less in the know and just assuming things so they can report something?

i just dont get people digging others as soon as another rumour goes against information.

im not getting into a row over it so apologies for replying to you
Supporter since 2000

Skatzoffc

Quote from: FulhamStu on July 31, 2018, 08:35:07 AM
I think people, maybe even including myself have thought we could upgrade Targett as he dropped off a bit towards the end of his loan.  I am now pretty convinced that was because he was playing with an injury, which he discussed on Fulham Focus with Dannyboi.   If we were to sign Targett we would have a very Tight back 4, Christie, Mawson, Ream, Targett all English speaking, maybe not the most talented but capable of playing as a unit Roy style.   In the harder games, maybe a 2 defensive midfield shield in front of them, otherwise the normally reliable KMac and I think we will be fine.

Agreed.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

milky1

Would Aaron Cresswell be considered as a viable LB option?

Had a lot of potential back when he left Ipswich but seems to have been pushed to the bottom of the pile a little with West Ham's recent business.

Carborundum

Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 31, 2018, 11:49:55 AM
Quote from: FulhamStu on July 31, 2018, 08:35:07 AM
I think people, maybe even including myself have thought we could upgrade Targett as he dropped off a bit towards the end of his loan.  I am now pretty convinced that was because he was playing with an injury, which he discussed on Fulham Focus with Dannyboi.   If we were to sign Targett we would have a very Tight back 4, Christie, Mawson, Ream, Targett all English speaking, maybe not the most talented but capable of playing as a unit Roy style.   In the harder games, maybe a 2 defensive midfield shield in front of them, otherwise the normally reliable KMac and I think we will be fine.

Agreed.
Yes he was miles away from full fitness in the playoffs.  First touch, engine, bravery, fits with our system, there's a lot to like about this lad and I hope we prise him away.   

Ordar

MEYER TO PALACE?

The Guardian are reporting German midfielder Max Meyer could be on his way to Crystal Palace ahead of the new season.

Wow that would be an amazing signing for them

Barry@ENF

Quote from: corbs83 on July 31, 2018, 11:41:38 AM
Quote from: Arthur on July 31, 2018, 11:36:01 AM

Thank you for this.

have Wooly and Hillingdon not been bang on with most things? could it not be that sky are less in the know and just assuming things so they can report something?

i just dont get people digging others as soon as another rumour goes against information.

im not getting into a row over it so apologies for replying to you

Of the two you mention, Hillingdon has indeed been bang on and I have not seen anyone suggest otherwise.

Nero

Quote from: Ordar on July 31, 2018, 12:11:24 PM
MEYER TO PALACE?

The Guardian are reporting German midfielder Max Meyer could be on his way to Crystal Palace ahead of the new season.

Wow that would be an amazing signing for them

Think there was an article not that long ago saying he want something like 250k a week in wages and Arsenal where looking but put off by his wage demands

DevonFFC

Southampton have rejected second bid from Fulham for defender Matt Targett. Second bid is worth more than £10m.