more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer speculation true test of Fulham's board and Ali Mack

Started by Nick Bateman, June 04, 2018, 05:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: sarnian on June 04, 2018, 05:15:41 PM
Sorry but stopped reading after assessment of Fredericks. If you think he is Englands next right back you know nothing about defending. Great going forward but defending is first priority and often loses his man in the penalty area.  075.gif
to be fair, walker and Glenn Johnson had long England careers on the back of pace and attacking ability with very little defensive nous
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

davew

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 04, 2018, 05:49:00 PM
The board being Alistair Mackintosh who knows as much about football as I do on one fingernail.  Cairney is on a Championship salary, that amount is well below the average of top stars in the PL.

I say make Fredericks the highest paid to encourage him to sign, or at least offer more then West Ham!!??  Then once services secured raise the wages of other stars in our squad accordingly.  I am frankly SICK of this penny-pinching as soon as we hit the big time again - that's what got Fulham relegated last time!!
If you make Fredericks our highest paid player I can see a revolution taking place! I think he is probably just good enough to play in the PL but if he does leave I am sure we will sign a better defender but maybe not with the same pace going forward, wasn't Usain Bolt thinking about a football career?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Porthogs FC

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 04, 2018, 05:49:00 PM
The board being Alistair Mackintosh who knows as much about football as I do on one fingernail.  Cairney is on a Championship salary, that amount is well below the average of top stars in the PL.

I say make Fredericks the highest paid to encourage him to sign, or at least offer more then West Ham!!??  Then once services secured raise the wages of other stars in our squad accordingly.  I am frankly SICK of this penny-pinching as soon as we hit the big time again - that's what got Fulham relegated last time!!

This penny pinching also got Fulham promoted this season.

LVBPTS

Your quoting wages that would put him at £55-60k a week.....really....I don't want him to go either but there are plenty of other options all over the world and here in England that you can get that are better than what we have for that weekly wage

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Supporter since 2000

fulhamben

Quote from: corbs83 on June 04, 2018, 07:49:28 PM
Your quoting wages that would put him at £55-60k a week.....really....I don't want him to go either but there are plenty of other options all over the world and here in England that you can get that are better than what we have for that weekly wage

really? Didnt we just pay 4 mil for Christie? Which equates to 22 thousand a week over the 3 and a half year contract before you even take his actual wages into account. And I wouldn't say he was better. Everyone looking at Freds estimated wage demands, but not many are taking into account that he is a free agent. If you bought somone at 5 mill on a 3 year contract, that's 32k a week before wages. And as we know, bang average players cost a fortune nowadays, so unless there is a quality Rb out of contract, then I for one do not think we will get anywhere near the quality that we have for Fred at a package of around 50k a week

LVBPTS

Not talking bout transfer fees .... Each to their own opinion

Supporter since 2000

fulhamben

Quote from: corbs83 on June 04, 2018, 08:28:06 PM

but you are and don't even know it. If you are a free transfer you can demand higher wages.  Yes you could get someone better than Fred for 50k a week. But by the time you add in a transfer fee, it will cost you more.

KJS

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 04, 2018, 05:41:17 PM
Perhaps you are missing the point; how can West Ham pinch one of Fulham's best players when we have a multi-billionaire owner?  It's like a hostile takeover of General Motors done by Skoda!
Sim0ld really if Frederick won't sign a contract there is stuff all we can do about :dft003:

LVBPTS

Ok fair enough but I was talking about wages in isolation. I appreciate the point you are making but when you say a £60k a week player, id have higher aspirations than what we currently have but that is like you say not taking into account transfer fees

Quote from: fulhamben on June 04, 2018, 08:30:42 PM

but you are and don't even know it. If you are a free transfer you can demand higher wages.  Yes you could get someone better than Fred for 50k a week. But by the time you add in a transfer fee, it will cost you more.

Supporter since 2000

fulhamben

Quote from: corbs83 on June 04, 2018, 09:18:27 PM
Ok fair enough but I was talking about wages in isolation. I appreciate the point you are making but when you say a £60k a week player, id have higher aspirations than what we currently have but that is like you say not taking into account transfer fees

don't get me wrong, I totally get where you are coming from on the wage alone. But unfortunately John bosman absolutely destroyed the game. Granted he had a good reason. But really think the rule needs looking at now.

KingofCheese

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 04, 2018, 05:41:17 PM
Perhaps you are missing the point; how can West Ham pinch one of Fulham's best players when we have a multi-billionaire owner?  It's like a hostile takeover of General Motors done by Skoda!

Skoda is owned by VW which are the biggest car manufacturer in the world and GM only fourth.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Nick Bateman

I like Odoi, but I like Fredericks more - far more. 

You shall mark my words if you agree to allowing a RIVAL pinch one of our best players of last season.

How many times did Fred race past opposing defenders purely on his incredible pace??  I think some supporters need a reality check, and as FulhamBen pointed out, signing a wing-back of such quality (and he has played for Tottenham in the PL) would cost Fulham more!!

So much for "smart" business.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

the nutflush

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 04, 2018, 10:42:51 PM
I like Odoi, but I like Fredericks more - far more. 

You shall mark my words if you agree to allowing a RIVAL pinch one of our best players of last season.

How many times did Fred race past opposing defenders purely on his incredible pace??  I think some supporters need a reality check, and as FulhamBen pointed out, signing a wing-back of such quality (and he has played for Tottenham in the PL) would cost Fulham more!!

So much for "smart" business.

One of the best but certainly not the best player last season.  No way he should be the highest paid player at the club.  If the man has that sort of ego on him then there's the door. 

He's got a naughty streak that often worried me and should have been sent off in the first half of the final.  I'm not crying myself to sleep over losing him that's for sure.

Our priorities need to be tying down Slav and securing Mitro and we go from there. 

simplyfulham

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 04, 2018, 10:42:51 PM
and he has played for Tottenham in the PL

*Europa League

He never made an appearance for them in the Premiership.

All he's got is unbelievable pace. If he goes, then we have some full backs with incredible talent already in the squad. Christie, Fossey, Stephen Sessegnon..

MJG

When talking about unlimited money and wages etc, a little unknown rule of FFP in the PL... Yes it still exists... Is that we can only increase wages up to 67m per year. Currently we are at about 30-35m and when last in the PL was nearly 70m
Just the views of a long term fan

FulhamStu

Quote from: Statto on June 04, 2018, 10:03:27 PM

But then your wage structure goes out the window.

Denis Odoi comes along and says, if he's getting £50k a week that's what I want.
We
Then you say, you're not a free agent Denis. So he says ok, don't bother asking me to renew my contract, I'm gonna let it run down then ask you to double it when I'm a free agent.

Meanwhile Kamara comes along and says, I cost half as much as Fonte so can I get paid twice as much?

Sh1tshoww

I was going to say something similar to this.  We have suffered in the past with players running down their contracts.  Steed, Moussa being 2 of these.  Giving in to Fred would make this even worse.  We need to reward loyalty, ie increase wages and contract length to players like Sess and Tom who signed extensions. 

My other point is that Fulham will have worked out a budget for if we got promoted and if we stayed in the championship.   This will be I suspect a generous one for player aquisition but not stupid.  Khan is on record early in his ownership for saying I did not buy a football club to burn money and I don't see him starting now.

If we could add £50 million to that budget by selling Sess, we would have to seriously consider it.  If we could bring that sort of increased budget in and get Sess back on loan I think we would have to do it.

It will be about priorities, supporting the manager/coach, and understanding where our must improve areas are.  Striker and Central defender as per the last few years are where we have to focus the most in my view.
Metro plus one striker and 2 centre backs needed.   If we don't get Targett, left back is more critical than keeping Fred, again in my view.

fulhamben

Denis Odoi comes along and says, if he's getting £50k a week that's what I want.

Then you say, you're not a free agent Denis. So he says ok, don't bother asking me to renew my contract, I'm gonna let it run down then ask you to double it when I'm a free agent.

Meanwhile Kamara comes along and says, I cost half as much as Fonte so can I get paid twice as much?

Sh1tshow
that's why you don't let players get even close to running down a contract.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: fulhamben on June 05, 2018, 09:46:12 AM

Sh1tshow

You cant force them to sign. Bigger clubs have made the same mistake, Utd with Fellaini, Liverpool with Can, etc

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on June 05, 2018, 09:46:12 AM

Sh1tshow
so we should have sold Fred either last summer or January?
Just the views of a long term fan