watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer speculation true test of Fulham's board and Ali Mack

Started by Nick Bateman, June 04, 2018, 05:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

The best retaliation Fulham's Board and Recruitment Team can show to the loss of players, like Fredericks, is to find someone better for less, or the same, expense.  Unless we are going to prise Targett from Southampton's grasp we are looking a both flanks to obtain the balance we found when he arrived.   We have recourse to loans as well as purchases and some additional leeway on wages and if there was ever a test the Board and Recruitment team have to pass with flying colours then this is it.   Can they deliver?   We wait and see.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: fulhamben on June 05, 2018, 01:51:16 PM

so by your theory we won't sign any decent players, and it will only be cheapies that no other prem team will touch, so as not to pee off all our players on championship wages. If you want good players you pay the money. And to me getting Frederick's for a combined total of 7.8m for 3 years is absolute bargain in this day and age. It wouldnt even get kalas through the door to start wage negotiations. Freds will be a huge loss to us and we will be weaker for it. Unless of course we spend a big part of our budget to replace him

Absolutely spot on by FulhamBen, a supporter who shows the right type of AMBITION for Fulham, unlike some "armchair accountants" who are still balancing the books based upon FFP regulations.

Fulham can replace Chelsea if they have the desire.  Chelsea are in decline and Ambramovich had a net spend of a mere £35million last season (it will be far less if anything at all this season coming).

We can push them out of our neighbourhood if we start investing now.

Fredericks was absolutely pivotal to Fulham's attacks last season, constantly bombing past defenders with his pace, and creating chances with fine crossses or even scoring.  He is far better than the useless Walker who single-handedly got Man.City knocked out by Liverpool in Champs' League.  And Spurs have made a major blunder by opting for Trippier, whose crosses are not as accurate as Fred's.  Incidently, Walker no longer crosses the ball if one observes him, he kicks it backwards 99% of the time!

Ryan Fredericks is the best right wing-back in England.  He shall represent our country proudly in the next European competition.  Fulham have handed a star player to a London rival, for no benefit to our club.  Simply because Ali Mack wanted to impress Khan with his frugal fiscal policy and not match or outbid a hostile bid he has SABOTAGED Fulham's season before a ball has been kicked.

One cannot sign a lightning fast wing-back of Fredericks nature for around £7million!!! The math is there, it is foolhardy to let this asset to leave for NOTHING!

So who is next??  If Newcastle want £20million for Mitrovic will Ali Mack baulk and opt for a worse option to lead our line??  One does not understand these boring stuck-in-the-mud unrealistic, misguided and unadventurous supporters who DO NOT WANT FULHAM TO BECOME A BIG CLUB.

Wake up smell the coffee!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

ToodlesMcToot

Not sure how one believes that we can "replace" Chelsea, even with our multibillionaire owner. FFP still applies to the PL. And, the rules state that, though we are able to immediately increase our wages to somewhere in the neighborhood of 65 million to 75 million (the 2016/17 number was 67 million), anything spent beyond that must be paid for by profits that the club demonstrates via ticket sales, sponsorships, player transfers, etc.

Unless we go selling our best players which we won't, that puts us at approximately 1/3 of Chelsea's wage spend.

We don't have the stadium, sponsorships or supporter base globally to go spending with the likes of Chelsea. Would love to know that I'm totally wrong here but, I just don't see it.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

simplyfulham

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 06, 2018, 03:01:27 PM
Ryan Fredericks is the best right wing-back in England

Get real. He's not even the best right back in London. You're clueless and have clearly poor judgment when it comes to assessing footballers.

filham

Quote from: simplyfulham on June 06, 2018, 06:45:27 PM

Get real. He's not even the best right back in London. You're clueless and have clearly poor judgment when it comes to assessing footballers.
Poor judgement in assessing footballers and no idea at all in balancing the books, please keep him well away from the boardroom.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: fulhamben on June 05, 2018, 01:51:16 PM

so by your theory we won't sign any decent players, and it will only be cheapies that no other prem team will touch, so as not to pee off all our players on championship wages. If you want good players you pay the money. And to me getting Frederick's for a combined total of 7.8m for 3 years is absolute bargain in this day and age. It wouldnt even get kalas through the door to start wage negotiations. Freds will be a huge loss to us and we will be weaker for it. Unless of course we spend a big part of our budget to replace him

Absolutely spot on by FulhamBen, a supporter who shows the right type of AMBITION for Fulham, unlike some "armchair accountants" who are still balancing the books based upon FFP regulations.

Fulham can replace Chelsea if they have the desire.  Chelsea are in decline and Ambramovich had a net spend of a mere £35million last season (it will be far less if anything at all this season coming).

We can push them out of our neighbourhood if we start investing now.

Fredericks was absolutely pivotal to Fulham's attacks last season, constantly bombing past defenders with his pace, and creating chances with fine crossses or even scoring.  He is far better than the useless Walker who single-handedly got Man.City knocked out by Liverpool in Champs' League.  And Spurs have made a major blunder by opting for Trippier, whose crosses are not as accurate as Fred's.  Incidently, Walker no longer crosses the ball if one observes him, he kicks it backwards 99% of the time!

Ryan Fredericks is the best right wing-back in England.  He shall represent our country proudly in the next European competition.  Fulham have handed a star player to a London rival, for no benefit to our club.  Simply because Ali Mack wanted to impress Khan with his frugal fiscal policy and not match or outbid a hostile bid he has SABOTAGED Fulham's season before a ball has been kicked.

One cannot sign a lightning fast wing-back of Fredericks nature for around £7million!!! The math is there, it is foolhardy to let this asset to leave for NOTHING!

So who is next??  If Newcastle want £20million for Mitrovic will Ali Mack baulk and opt for a worse option to lead our line??  One does not understand these boring stuck-in-the-mud unrealistic, misguided and unadventurous supporters who DO NOT WANT FULHAM TO BECOME A BIG CLUB.

Sorry but you're talking nonsense and I don't really get why you're ruffling so many feathers.

To say Fredericks is the best right back in England is pure fantasy given he's only been tested in the second highest league in England, he's not even played in the Premier League.

His crossing is not superior to Trippier, whose best attribute is his crossing and he's not better going forward or defending than Walker. Walker may make mistakes as do all players but all in all he's the superior player and that's why Pep Guardiola spent £50m on him and passed on signing Fredericks for free.

Fredericks had a great season but let's not make out that he's better than is.

Also, every fan wants Fulham to succeed but we're patient enough to see what the management have in store, so why can't you be too?

Peabody

People, People don't forget that Nick knows his footy.

VicHalomsLovechild

Fredericks was absolutely pivotal to Fulham's attacks last season, constantly bombing past defenders with his pace, and creating chances with fine crossses or even scoring.

It's not that important now but Fred never scored for us and I think he was our only outfield player not to score for us this season. Although I'm happy to be corrected on this.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on June 06, 2018, 09:08:59 PM

To say Fredericks is the best right back in England is pure fantasy given he's only been tested in the second highest league in England, he's not even played in the Premier League.

His crossing is not superior to Trippier, whose best attribute is his crossing and he's not better going forward or defending than Walker. Walker may make mistakes as do all players but all in all he's the superior player and that's why Pep Guardiola spent £50m on him and passed on signing Fredericks for free.

Also, every fan wants Fulham to succeed but we're patient enough to see what the management have in store, so why can't you be too?

Pep Guardiola spent £50 on Stones who is absolutely useless - the reason?  He must have a certain quota of "homegrown" players in his squad or be in breach of Premier League rules.  The Spaniard knows nor cares not about the England team and has chosen poorly in my opinion.

And I am patient, I am also ambitious and hopeful, but one sees the same mistakes being made already.  Mitrovic, Cairney, Sess, Ream and Fred were Fulham's stand out performers last season.  How many will we have in the tougher division with the purse strings released??  This has started badly already.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 06, 2018, 10:32:46 PM
Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on June 06, 2018, 09:08:59 PM

Pep Guardiola spent £50 on Stones who is absolutely useless - the reason?  He must have a certain quota of "homegrown" players in his squad or be in breach of Premier League rules.  The Spaniard knows nor cares not about the England team and has chosen poorly in my opinion.

And I am patient, I am also ambitious and hopeful, but one sees the same mistakes being made already.  Mitrovic, Cairney, Sess, Ream and Fred were Fulham's stand out performers last season.  How many will we have in the tougher division with the purse strings released??  This has started badly already.

Stones isn't useless, he's the best ball playing English centre back available and he was signed because of his potential.

He is error prone but you can train that out of them, look at Ream's transformation.

HatterDon

our Mr. NB "knows his footy" might be just as irritating in this iteration as he was in his former nom-de-numpty. I didn't think that was possible, but it just goes to show what you can achieve if you work at it -- constantly.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Sorry, I just don't see the worth of "FREDDO"
OK he skinned some defenders but frequently his delivery was panicked and non productive and for all of the
overlapping etc he never scored for us this season and blasted a few into to the Hammy End.

He was a good player for us and made some great defensive tackles but he was quite often caught out of position
and this is where Odoi bailed him out.
Sell him to West Ham and move on. It was his decision, the same decision that spoke after the final and appeared
to be looking forward to our promotion season.

Media speculation or not..............onwards Fulham FC

If he wants to move on so be it, but he ain't that good.

Steve Finnan, Roooofus, Voltz, even Konchelsky were better all round attackers/defenders.

There's plenty more where they cam from.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

toshes mate

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on June 07, 2018, 02:55:44 AM
Sell [Fredericks] to West Ham and move on.
I agree with your sentiments about Fredericks but I guess what irks quite a few FFC supporters is that we didn't 'manage' to sell him - at all.

I have a feeling that most of the emotion coming from the OP is concern that our recruitment folk are not up to the task and, to be fair, there is some evidence he may have a case.   It is the Board's task to shut up any doubters by delivering a spot on window in the next several weeks.

Baszab

Without Freds Piazon Ojo Norwood Kalas Targett and of course Mitro,  we don't even have 11 players let alone a PL squad - very worrying and a lot of pressure on FFC to assemble a new team within the next 6 weeks over the WC

Makes perfect commercial sense to flog Sess I'm afraid .....especially with stricter PL rules on Loans

grandad

My goodness, all the WUM´s are about in full force. This is the reason I will not rise to their bait. The only future posts I will be making this summer will be only related to Fulham Official articles. All the bedroom journos are just a complete waste of time with their unfounded gossip. Enjoy this beautiful summer.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Whitesideup

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on June 04, 2018, 05:54:24 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 04, 2018, 05:49:00 PM
The board being Alistair Mackintosh who knows as much about football as I do on one fingernail.  Cairney is on a Championship salary, that amount is well below the average of top stars in the PL.

I say make Fredericks the highest paid to encourage him to sign, or at least offer more then West Ham!!??  Then once services secured raise the wages of other stars in our squad accordingly.  I am frankly SICK of this penny-pinching as soon as we hit the big time again - that's what got Fulham relegated last time!!

Then you artificially raising salaries above market rate to suit the needs of one alleged wantaway RB. That's not penny pinching thats horrendous business and also opens cans of worms for players to reject offers and become disillusioned. Why do that? Now if you are able to get a top-drawer player for more, then nobody can argue but Freds is largely untested. He has as much chance of being the next Scott Malone than Tripper.

It's a very valid point about artificially raising salaries; you could double or triple your wage bill for effectively the same players. Now I don't know if the Fredericks thing was managed correctly or not. I am sorry to see him go as I rated him highly. I thought his attacking runs were great and his pace crucified some defenders. But will premiership defenders have the added pace to cope with him? And I also wondered if we really capitalized on those runs? Was the final ball or shot of a quality that meant these were match-winning moments? Probably not frequently enough.

But back to his pay thing - he clearly wanted to maximize his earnings - no problem with that - but did we want to get into a bidding war with West Ham orchestrated by his agent? If we had increased our offer, would West Ham simply have raised theirs again, forcing us into another, artificially high, offer? And so on and so on. I really don't know, and I suspect we never will.

RaySmith

I think Fred probably felt that his stock is very high at the moment - will he have a better opportunity to move to the likes of West Ham? a 'big' established Prem club, compared to Fulham in most people's eyes, whatever we might think.

Whatever, we will never know the real reasons he wants to move, but maybe not just money, but if a player really wants to go, how can you stop him?

Offer a new contract, but hasn't Fred already been offered that?

Whitesideup

Quote from: filham on June 06, 2018, 08:31:44 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on June 06, 2018, 06:45:27 PM

Poor judgement in assessing footballers and no idea at all in balancing the books, please keep him well away from the boardroom.

Oh, I don't know. Could be a good fit at Villa!

ken 44

Nick Bateman to draw the comparison you have re.Karius is disgusting at best, the medical people say he was
concussed before the mistakes, but why mention that if it does not fit your opinion. I believe an apology should be
in the offing but I will not hold my breath.

Ken 44

Nick Bateman

Quote from: ken 44 on June 07, 2018, 07:04:57 PM
Nick Bateman to draw the comparison you have re.Karius is disgusting at best, the medical people say he was
concussed before the mistakes, but why mention that if it does not fit your opinion. I believe an apology should be
in the offing but I will not hold my breath.

Ken 44

You can believe the Liverpool whining excuses if you are that gullible.  They were unlucky with Salah getting a freak injury, but someone like Stuart Pearce would have played on with some strapping under his shirt!

Karius simply choked at the big occasion and there were plenty of warning signs in other matches.  Klopp preferred his German counterpart over Mignolet a blunder on his part.  Was rather funny however....