more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WORLD CUP THREAD

Started by Maidstone Lee, June 14, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Quote from: ron on June 23, 2018, 07:17:19 PM
Here we go again tonight.....can't have people giving penalties against Germany can we??!!!!

Ridiculous to not even review it.

RaySmith

gezkc

Looks like they're going to lose anyway!

Tabby

Germany cannot defend at all.

Lighthouse

Somehow Germany will find a win as they also bimmin do.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ron

What a dreadful commentator on itv

gezkc

Bleedin' Germany. They always seem to do it.

ron

What changes ever?

That commentator spent the second half telling us that Germany was finished, now he's telling us that you can never rule them out......

ron

A replay of that QPR game of ours....5 mins extra time and they score on 94.57.....

Woolly Mammoth

They won't go much further, they are a divided camp, and it shows. Sweden should have had a penalty as well. But that's VAR for you.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

gezkc

5 mins of extra time and they score in the 96th minute...

gang

Happy days are here again.

gang

Quote from: gezkc on June 23, 2018, 09:03:35 PM
5 mins of extra time and they score in the 96th minute...

Ferguson time?

JoelH5

They'll finish second in the group behind Mexico and have to play Brazil next round
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Twig

Quote from: gezkc on June 22, 2018, 11:13:16 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 22, 2018, 10:33:38 PM
Shockingly clear penalty not given although hardly surprising as German ref appointed to neighbours (same language) Switzerland.  FIFA knew this!

Very odd thing to say - the refs nationality had nothing to do with it. Anyway, the Swiss don't just speak German - they have several principal languages, including French and Italian.

Err but German is the most widely spoken language in Switzerland. Italian in just two cantons, Romance in one and German far outweighs French across the remainder.  But I do agree that the nationality of the ref was irrelevant. Just another example of rank bad officiating and VAR failure.

Mince n Tatties

You watch they'll go win it now.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 24, 2018, 08:55:28 AM
You watch they'll go win it now.

Not while Saudi Arabia are still in it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

What shall I watch today? Cricket 5th ODI, French F1 GP, Tennis from Queens. Can´t be bothered with boring England in the WC. Prefer to watch top class sportsmen rather than a bunch of overpaid prima donnas.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Lighthouse

Quote from: grandad on June 24, 2018, 11:40:36 AM
What shall I watch today? Cricket 5th ODI, French F1 GP, Tennis from Queens. Can´t be bothered with boring England in the WC. Prefer to watch top class sportsmen rather than a bunch of overpaid prima donnas.

Well I probably will watch the match but am interested in the tennis. All sports people are over paid but at least they seem to earn it in tennis.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 24, 2018, 11:58:48 AM
Quote from: grandad on June 24, 2018, 11:40:36 AM

Well I probably will watch the match but am interested in the tennis. All sports people are over paid but at least they seem to earn it in tennis.

Tennis players are probably the fittest sportsmen. They play virtually every day in ATP matches & every other day in Grand Slam. Games last between 2 & 5 hours. Players also spend hours on the practice courts. There is a very short closed season after the O2 tournament. Footballers in the PL play no more than 60 hours in a season plus a few cup games. They train for 4 or 5 days a week for just a few hours. The rest of their time is spent in tattoo parlours, betting shops or buying designer clothes.
Where there's a will there's a wife