more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WORLD CUP THREAD

Started by Maidstone Lee, June 14, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on June 29, 2018, 02:42:53 PM
Has anyone had any luck with a bet or two since the World Cup started?

Nope. Nothing has gone through .... bugger.

Fulhamfan666

Predictions for R016?

France Argentina 3-0 think France are absolutely going to batter them.

Uruguay Portugal 2-2 P

Spain Russia 1-2

Croatia Denmark 2-0

Brazil Mexico 1-2: Brazil are overrated

Belgium Japan 4-0 easy peasy lemon squizy

Sweden Switserland 0-1

Colombia England 1-2 or 2-1

Steeeeeeeeeed

Thoughts after end of Group Round...

It has been a really 'Odd' World Cup to me so far, I don't think ANY team, apart from Croatia, has performed well consistently. And even Croatia has not exactly blown me away.

There has been no really great goals. My favourite has actually been the second South Korea one Vs Germany as it was quite a sight seeing the guy run half the pitch to knock it in, and only a couple of other goals have got me excited.

The general football has been pretty bad, BUT it has been pretty dramatic and enjoyable and VAR has generally added to this.

I do think England have really done nothing so far, we have no idea of where the team really stands with such an easy walk though their group, and Harry Kane's 'hat trick' (two pens and a deflection) is a bit daft, and will not be remembered. Really hope he does score a few decent goals from now onwards, otherwise a Golden Boot based on penalties and deflections will not feel something to celebrate much.

I believe England are capable of getting to the semi or final now, if their first eleven can really go for it, and really the competition starts now...

England have a chance of winning the World Cup with the easiest run to the final ever.

I do believe in Gareth Southgate though, and even if Columbia knock them out on Tuesday I hope he stays as England manager for the next World Cup. He has been the really big plus to me. England went into these finals with very low expectations as we clearly don't have the top top players of previous years, but Southgate has done well with what he has, and comes across very well in interviews, etc.

On to the knockouts...

Lighthouse

Delph is returning to England for a quick trip as his wife is expecting their third child or something. Jesus these people are spoilt.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: grandad on June 29, 2018, 01:15:38 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 28, 2018, 11:28:13 PM
Quote from: grandad on June 28, 2018, 08:49:01 PM
What a shocking performance. Not an ounce of quality. Belgium running rings round us.

🆘 What a load of Cobblers, you must start screwing your head on properly when you get out of bed in the asylum. 🆘

No need for this abusive reply to what was my personal opinion.
Then stop sending snidey, spiteful, insulting messages about England, at every opportunity, which are completely and utterly off pace with reality. You are the Author of your own downfall.
You may need a Check Up from the Neck Up.
If you cannot mend  your resentful ways. If you ever come back to England ( Gods Country ), as the Authorities will be waiting at the border to Frog March you to Traitors Gate, at the Tower of London. 
Whereupon, you will be buried up to your neck in sand, whilst the tide is out.
When the tide comes in the Giant Crabs will appear.
Or if you don't fancy that, may I suggest hanging you from the Battlements by your Genitalia ( I think he played for Florentina ).
That should make your eyes water.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on June 29, 2018, 02:46:17 PM

I bet a Monkey that Maradona the cheat would make a fool of himself, especially when he pretended to be unwell to try and gather sympathy after he had carried out his usual unsavoury side show, pathetic.

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 29, 2018, 04:05:58 PM
What a shocking performance. Not an ounce of quality. Belgium running rings round us.

🆘 What a load of Cobblers, you must start screwing your head on properly when you get out of bed in the asylum. 🆘

Then stop sending snidey, spiteful, insulting messages about England, at every opportunity, which are completely and utterly off pace with reality. You are the Author of your own downfall.
If you cannot mend  your resentful ways. If you ever come back to England ( Gods Country ), as the Authorities will be waiting at the border to Frog March you to Traitors Gate, at the Tower of London. 
Or if you don't fancy that, may I suggest hanging you from the Battlements by your Genitalia ( I think he played for Florentina ).

0001.gif  :hook:  086.gif  079.gif  064.gif  077.gif  049:gif  092.gif
This is the last response I will ever make to you. Obviously ones opinion does not count in your view. England will only win the WC again with a Fulham player in the team. Have a good life. I am.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: grandad on June 29, 2018, 06:38:45 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 29, 2018, 04:05:58 PM

0001.gif  :hook:  086.gif  079.gif  064.gif  077.gif  049:gif  092.gif
This is the last response I will ever make to you. Obviously ones opinion does not count in your view. England will only win the WC again with a Fulham player in the team. Have a good life. I am.

🆘 Is that a promise you will never respond to me again. Hallelujah ♥️, Splendid 🐸, Marvelous 👻, Good Show 🦂, Jolly good show 🍺,  Cry God for Harry, England and St George. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Never forget your Roots.

ron

Gentlemen, gentlemen........chill pills all round and then drinks together in the virtual bar of this most excellent sports club...... 082.gif

Woolly Mammoth

I miss him already 😢 💣

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 29, 2018, 04:08:40 PM

I bet a Monkey that Maradona the cheat would make a fool of himself, especially when he pretended to be unwell to try and gather sympathy after he had carried out his usual unsavoury side show, pathetic.

If I was having a bet it would be that he is a certainty to be one of the celebs found dead in a hotel room.
Either from drugs or a bullet in back of his nut..
The Argies are getting fed up with his behavior.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 30, 2018, 06:17:03 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 29, 2018, 04:08:40 PM

If I was having a bet it would be that he is a certainty to be one of the celebs found dead in a hotel room.
Either from drugs or a bullet in back of his nut..
The Argies are getting fed up with his behavior.

I cannot see him passing away peacefully in an old people's home, that's not his style. 
He will definitely die with his boots on, and that will most certainly be by the hand of God. 🖕

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

I put £10 on Mitrovic winning the golden boot on an each way (4 places) ... just to soften the blow of any amazing WC performance that prices us out of buying him!

Twig

Quote from: Pud on June 29, 2018, 06:20:46 AM
I'm not optimistic about Tuesday's game and I think Colombia will be pleased that they are playing us and not Belgium.

I seriously doubt that.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Twig on June 30, 2018, 11:09:25 AM
I'm not optimistic about Tuesday's game and I think Colombia will be pleased that they are playing us and not Belgium.

I seriously doubt that.

It doesn't really matter because Belgium are going to win the World Cup.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: EastEndWhite on June 30, 2018, 11:49:53 AM
Quote from: Twig on June 30, 2018, 11:09:25 AM

I seriously doubt that.

It doesn't really matter because Belgium are going to win the World Cup.

We could meet them again in the Final.

Never forget your Roots.

Nick Bateman

Are the French the ugliest side in the World Cup?  Their attitude of excessive diving and rolling around is the worst of any nation I have witnessed so far.  The African-Franco Umtiti is the prime culprit with Louis Hernandez coming in close second - he was roundly booed by the Ausssies for his reprehensible tactics.

The problem is the referees seem to encourage such behaviour rather than let the football speak for itself.  France also performed a diabolical draw to ensure they topped the group, again another reason to dislike the "Frogs". 

One hopes the Argies knock them out, if not now, then Brazil shall later!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Tabby

Argentina can't handle Mbappe, looks like it is heading towards a blowout right now.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 30, 2018, 01:01:23 PM
Are the French the ugliest side in the World Cup?  Their attitude of excessive diving and rolling around is the worst of any nation I have witnessed so far.  The African-Franco Umtiti is the prime culprit with Louis Hernandez coming in close second - he was roundly booed by the Ausssies for his reprehensible tactics.

The problem is the referees seem to encourage such behaviour rather than let the football speak for itself.  France also performed a diabolical draw to ensure they topped the group, again another reason to dislike the "Frogs". 

One hopes the Argies knock them out, if not now, then Brazil shall later!

Couldn't disagree more. The Argentina side cheat from the first whistle to last. Pretend injury, want non existent fouls booked.  They have the luck because the Devil runs football. But they frankly disgust me as a football fan and would love them to be beaten by anybody.  Shame they have to cheat but it is in their DNA.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tabby

What a glorious hit from Pavard!