more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WORLD CUP THREAD

Started by Maidstone Lee, June 14, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gezkc

But Croatia have won!
I'm glad Russia are out. Croatia could potentially be a tougher game for England, but they didn't look great tonight. England can beat them.

love4ffc

Stupid stupid hand ball outside the box to level things.  I feel for the Russian people but, I can not express how happy that I am, for so many reason, that Russia is out of the tournament.
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

Quote from: gezkc on July 07, 2018, 09:54:17 PM
But Croatia have won!
I'm glad Russia are out. Croatia could potentially be a tougher game for England, but they didn't look great tonight. England can beat them.
I fancy England as Croatia look very very tired. 

Russianrob

I am one very relieved Englishman living permanently in Russia.It has been OK so far whilst Russia has been winning and their support has been as a 12th man but I would not have liked to live here if England had beaten them!

HatterDon

Hard to understand the remarks about Sterling. Yes, he hasn't scored, but he's created tons of space up front and has done a solid job defensively when England lose possession. He's working his ass off and England's results reflect how much he's helped.

I thought that keeping would be England's weakness at the WC this year, but young Pickford has impressed me -- not only with his reactions, but also with his positioning and demeanor. I'm also impressed with Maguire and Trippier and I wonder if either would have been capped with a different gaffer.

Pickford and the two hyphenated young folks should give you all loads of confidence in future tournaments -- not to mention the Sess Bros.

I'd still like to see the offence dedicated to getting Kane in more attacking positions and less dependent on set pieces, but you can't argue with Southgate's success.

Finally, a few weeks ago it seemed that a sizable minority of posters were saying that the didn't care about the WC or England's national team. I'm wondering how many of them have changed that opinion.

Best of luck with Croatia. It would be great to see England and Belgium in the final.  082.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

love4ffc

Quote from: Russianrob on July 07, 2018, 10:09:03 PM
I am one very relieved Englishman living permanently in Russia.It has been OK so far whilst Russia has been winning and their support has been as a 12th man but I would not have liked to live here if England had beaten them!

Can understand what your saying.  Agree this is the best outcome for your situation  :003:

Mince n Tatties

Have you noticed most of the players playing out wide for teams in this tournament, they can't dribble past a man like an old fashioned winger could,when the ball comes out wide to them they push it back inside or go back towards their own goal.The amount of times I've seen it from every team,wingers unable to dribble and get to the bye line.

kiwian

Pleased that Croatia won, but why on earth when they have a 1 goal lead with a few minutes to play, do they and other teams not put players on both posts for set pieces?
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

ron

Quote from: love4ffc on July 07, 2018, 09:55:19 PM
Quote from: gezkc on July 07, 2018, 09:54:17 PM
But Croatia have won!
I fancy England as Croatia look very very tired.

Croatia looked the better quality side, but probably better to face them in the semi than Russia because of the fear of home advantage, poor "homer" reffing etc.

Agree that Croatia looked leg weary at the end.

Twig

Quote from: HatterDon on July 07, 2018, 10:36:38 PM
Hard to understand the remarks about Sterling. Yes, he hasn't scored, but he's created tons of space up front and has done a solid job defensively when England lose possession. He's working his ass off and England's results reflect how much he's helped.

I thought that keeping would be England's weakness at the WC this year, but young Pickford has impressed me -- not only with his reactions, but also with his positioning and demeanor. I'm also impressed with Maguire and Trippier and I wonder if either would have been capped with a different gaffer.

Pickford and the two hyphenated young folks should give you all loads of confidence in future tournaments -- not to mention the Sess Bros.

I'd still like to see the offence dedicated to getting Kane in more attacking positions and less dependent on set pieces, but you can't argue with Southgate's success.

Finally, a few weeks ago it seemed that a sizable minority of posters were saying that the didn't care about the WC or England's national team. I'm wondering how many of them have changed that opinion.

Best of luck with Croatia. It would be great to see England and Belgium in the final.  082.gif

You make some good points. I too was wondering about all those who came on here saying they had no interest and that England would't get past the last 16 etc. Etc.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on July 08, 2018, 10:41:06 AM

You make some good points. I too was wondering about all those who came on here saying they had no interest and that England would't get past the last 16 etc. Etc.

It's all gone quiet over there, or wherever they dwell.
90 mins + away from a World Cup Final. Can we do it, will we do it ?
It's all on the day 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Come on England !!!!
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

I don't think that Croatia will be any easy task but am glad that it's them - for a host of reasons. It would have been wonderful to whop Russia on their own turf but the reverse would be unthinkable. Better that Croatia did the job for us.

I'm not looking beyond the next game.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: Holders on July 08, 2018, 11:04:14 AM
I don't think that Croatia will be any easy task but am glad that it's them - for a host of reasons. It would have been wonderful to whop Russia on their own turf but the reverse would be unthinkable. Better that Croatia did the job for us.

I'm not looking beyond the next game.

Yeah that Russia-England game would not have been too pretty ..

Fulhamfan666

Good thing I put one of my precious pounds on an England - Belgium final. good stuff.

Have to get past France though, but I'm confident we'll stuff them, just like we did to Brazil.

Sgt Fulham

I got France in the sweepstake so I'm hoping for an England France final so there is even the smallest consolation should it all end in tears (I should at least get paid for my tears!). The Belgium Vs France semi final will be an absolute cracker though.

Westlondonffc

Why are people having a pop at our fans out there? There has been no trouble. Is it just because we don't have a lot of women with their faces painted pretending to care

hovewhite

Loving this world cup on poor man's TV to boot and wish sky tv had never arrived as we've lost sport to people that can't afford premium tv subscriptions.

Lyle from Hangeland

I agree with this.

KingofCheese

Quote from: Twig on July 07, 2018, 08:35:15 PM
Quote from: sarnian on July 07, 2018, 04:46:00 PM
No. Sweden regards pretty poor

True, we are no good. So lucky that we only play and beat poor teams. Really don't deserve to be in the WC semis. Sterling is useless, Kane's goals don't count, Pickford is rubbish, Walker couldn't get in a decent Championship side............

Come on ENGLAND, not all of us are miserable, negative types. I think this young side are pretty good and getting better as they learn and gain confidence. We have an excellent manager, no boring wags, no celebrity circus, just a bunch of hungry young footballers who are being thoroughly professional. Hats off, I feel very proud.

I can't stand the negative lot. My brother in law is one of them even though on most things he isn't laid back and happy with. However, as soon as England come on it's all moaning and groaning..his whole family seem to love being miserable about the team. Without Stirling running constantly at them the Swedes might have had more time to regroup and counter but he and the rest of the team just put them under the cosh for most of the game. People who think they know better than professional footballers should try it against other professions "of you, call yourself a vet, my gran could do better surgery than you mate..."
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

filham

I remain a little critical about the England team and am still more interested in Fulham getting a team together to play Palace but wait a minute it is possible that after another 90 minutes football England could be in a World Cup final. That is not bad going.