News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have We Spent Lots Of Money On Average Players?

Started by Mince n Tatties, September 29, 2018, 05:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Because I haven't seen anything from any of them so far that makes their value anyway near what we paid imo.
Mitro excluded of course.

Baszab

Seri looked absolutely brilliant for a few games
Whats happened to him now ?
Move the ball too slowly in final 3rd - no support for Mitro

bornafulhamfan

Seri, MLM and Mitro-Bargains
Bryan and Fabri-were cheap
Anguissa and Mawson-maybe, but they should improve
Vietto, Schuerrle, Fosu-Mensah, Chambers and Rico-loans
To conclude, imo no.

@jolslover

Agree with above. Seris ball to Sess today was delightful. He can produce a moment of magic that can change a game.
STH H3

Ordar

The awful tactics and constant chopping and changing of the team isn't giving any of them the chance to look good

Deeping_white

I swear we've had this thread for the past three seasons now. We've always been slow starters under Joka and it seems that by being a good team overall in the past two seasons in a lower division, people suddenly expected us to come up to the prem and win lots of games. The fact we chop and change the team every week doesn't help new players learn the system, I think that people just love to scapegoat players, every week it's someone else's fault that we've lost or played poorly. For Christ sake we've never won away at Everton and some of you are going on like we've not got a single point all season

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 29, 2018, 05:30:22 PM
I swear we've had this thread for the past three seasons now. We've always been slow starters under Joka and it seems that by being a good team overall in the past two seasons in a lower division, people suddenly expected us to come up to the prem and win lots of games. The fact we chop and change the team every week doesn't help new players learn the system, I think that people just love to scapegoat players, every week it's someone else's fault that we've lost or played poorly. For Christ sake we've never won away at Everton and some of you are going on like we've not got a single point all season

What's not winning at Everton got to do with it.
So every time we go there we should just say aagh well we can't win here...Nonsense.
We looked like a league below second half .

Arthur

Quote from: Ordar on September 29, 2018, 05:30:01 PM
The awful tactics and constant chopping and changing of the team isn't giving any of them the chance to look good

You've complained about our tactics a number of times already this season without once saying what is wrong or suggesting what our tactics should be. It takes no understanding of football whatsoever to simply say, 'awful tactics'.

Woolly Mammoth

We rarely seem to have two good halves.
I am not expecting Fulham to win every half, but sometimes we look like strangers. Chopping and changing can never help.
Kept a clean sheet in the first half. Which was encouraging, and I think it was only the second time this has happened so far this season.
Not one of our happy hunting grounds.
Nonetheless, for some reason I expected a result.
Now conceded an average of over two goals a game. Which means we need to score at least three to try and win a game.
We desperately need to organise a team that can be hard to beat, just to grind out points. Because if we continue to ship Goals at this rate, we will have a steep hill to climb.
Yes it's only September, October is round the corner, and matches will not get any easier.
I know it's still early days, but losing can become a habit.
Yes attack can be the best form of defence, but it's not working for Fulham at the moment, and on top of that we are picking up injuries to compound the situation
So we have to hang in there and concentrate on how we are going to keep Arsenal out next Sunday.
Because so far, one win in 7 League matches signifies that we could be flirting with relegation along with half a dozen other clubs, so we need to batten down the hatches somehow, before we get sucked into the bottom three. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SuffolkWhite

Always going to be a relegation battle this season. Need to continue getting behind the team and hopefully its not a great escape season but one of survival. Players and the Manager need time. We have to beat the other relegation teams around us. Roll on October!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

AnOldBrownie

There are concerns but don't panic.

Crystal Palace lost their first 7 league games last season.   They were fine.   

Gotta figure out how to stop other teams from scoring though.    THAT is worrisome.

No, Fulham didn't overspend.

Problem is, they are going to need to spend just as much on defenders in the January window.    Chambers and MLM are not good defenders...and I'm sorry, but Joe Bryan is simply too small for the premiere league.   If he had good pace...maybe...   but if being left footed and able to deliver a good cross are his only tangibles then more $$$ needs to be spent solidifying that spot.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 29, 2018, 05:35:52 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on September 29, 2018, 05:30:22 PM

What's not winning at Everton got to do with it.
So every time we go there we should just say aagh well we can't win here...Nonsense.
We looked like a league below second half .

My point is, did you make comments like this when Roy took us up there and we still lost? Did you say the players were a waste of money then?

HV71

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on September 29, 2018, 06:14:48 PM
Always going to be a relegation battle this season. Need to continue getting behind the team and hopefully its not a great escape season but one of survival. Players and the Manager need time. We have to beat the other relegation teams around us. Roll on October!

And out of the wilderness came a voice of reason

west kowloon white

Give it time fffs- hopefully there are three worse teams than us in the league than FFC and I think there are.

Denver Fulham

We need to figure out two CBs who can regularly play at this level. Otherwise, we're fine. Cardiff and Huddersfield are inarguably worse than we are, and we'll end up better than several others (but only need to pip one more).

Arthur

Looking at what Everton spent on the players in its team today (according to transfermarkt), it could be argued that - much as it seems - for the money we spent, we can't expect anything more than 'average players'.

Sigurdsson  £44M
Richarlison  £35M
Pickford  £25M
Keane  £25M
Tosun  £20M
Walcott  £20M
Schneiderlin £20M
Digne  £18M
Gueye £8M

Luka

On the EPL defensive showings so far we are shockingly poor at the back.
And with both new first choice full backs now out for a while, we are not going to get any better.
Not sure what the answer is short term but we need to dig in and stop leaking easy goals or before we get a chance to buy our way to safety in January, it'll be all over.

Woolly Mammoth

I think currently at the moment we will have to hope there are three clubs weaker than us.
I can think of two straight away, after that it gets a little more difficult.
But we shouldn't be relying on what other clubs cannot do.
We have to improve ourselves, especially the defensive side of our game.
Nevertheless, it's only 7 matches gone, but we really need to get a lot more points under our belt in the next 7 matches.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bornafulhamfan

We will definitely be safe. I'm certain we are better than Cardiff, Huddersfield, Newcastle and Burnley, pretty sure we are better than Bournemouth, Southampton and Brighton, and I think we can be better than Wolves, Watford and Crystal Palace. So for me,16. is guaranteed, 13.-15. is highly likely and even 10.-12. isn't that unrealistic.