News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have We Spent Lots Of Money On Average Players?

Started by Mince n Tatties, September 29, 2018, 05:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

Teams that survive relagation fights are the one's that can score goals and we will always have that possibility with Mitro. And another thing, we are underdogs in this league and always have been!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

..FOF..

We have not spent enough to get instant result.

grandad

We have not bought any bad players. The main problem is that SJ has not yet come up with a settled starting team. To some extent we started the season with 2 CB´s recovering from injury & arguably our best one suspended. Add to these are the injuries to Kebano, Ayite,  Mawson & Cairney
We now have both our starting full backs out for some time with Ream & Cairney not yet 100% match fit.
It is no wonder that SJ can´t pick a consistent starting team.
We just have to hang in somehow & give SJ & the players our full support.
Where there's a will there's a wife

toshes mate

It is the size of the defeat that always hurts the most, that, and the fact we did not take some really good chances to score.  All the players need to start paying more attention to what the coaching staff are insisting upon - bravery, precision, energy, effort and passion.  If all eleven players offer these qualities over the whole ninety minutes of a game then the results will speak for themselves.

These threads contain all the evidence of how difficult it is to turn out decent displays when too many players are 'new additions' but SJ has no alternative than to select those who offer him hope from training results while others are simply proving to be inferior on their match day opportunities.   We have suffered bad or inadequate summers and autumns for every season under the Khans but at least SJ has shown he can deliver .... eventually.

People on here just need to believe.

HV71

Quote from: toshes mate on September 30, 2018, 08:53:10 AM
It is the size of the defeat that always hurts the most, that, and the fact we did not take some really good chances to score.  All the players need to start paying more attention to what the coaching staff are insisting upon - bravery, precision, energy, effort and passion.  If all eleven players offer these qualities over the whole ninety minutes of a game then the results will speak for themselves.

These threads contain all the evidence of how difficult it is to turn out decent displays when too many players are 'new additions' but SJ has no alternative than to select those who offer him hope from training results while others are simply proving to be inferior on their match day opportunities.   We have suffered bad or inadequate summers and autumns for every season under the Khans but at least SJ has shown he can deliver .... eventually.

People on here just need to believe.

Very well said - I believe and in Joka I trust!!

bahay18

i think the problem we had is that we had to buy almost a whole new team because we had so many loans. £100mio spread over that many players is always a risk. Wolves have only added a couple of faces and it shows , they can carry on from where they left off. With hindsight , finding a top class centre half and full back maybe should have been the priority .

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

AnOldBrownie

After thinking about it overnight.

Yes, they have.   And it's to be expected of a promoted side looking for a team of players that will work well together within Slavs system.

I'm watching this Burnley v Cardiff game right now. 064.gif

One of the things that I've loved about the Whites is the style of play implemented by Slav.  THAT's the hard part.

Now it's about spending $$$ and finding the right players that fit the system that will keep the team out of the bottom 3 come next May.   It's going to take time...and some broken eggs (as they say)

Don't worry.  It's a process.

Remember.   The Whites still have one of the lowest team wages in the league.    That won't always be the case.

Mawson, Bryon, MLM and Christie wouldn't start for any of the top 10 teams in the league...but they don't have to.    They need work well within the system and play smart defensively.

Skatzoffc

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !