watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa

Started by Mince n Tatties, October 07, 2018, 01:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Did we actually pay 30 million for this guy.
Lost the ball about 6 times in first 10 mins,slow to think...Think they might have seen us coming.
Never mind depressing train journey home.😂

the nutflush

We got mugged.  He strolls around the middle like Snoop Dog.  Give the ball away cheaper than Snoop Dog gives away weed.

Woolly Mammoth

He has been so far a dissapointment. A lot of money for so little return.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Aaron

I was just going to post this thread myself..

It seems that we don't want to play with a defence.  If you're going to do that, you can't have a central midfielder who gives the ball away constantly. 

Without being funny, I cannot think of anything useful he has done this season?  Literally my only memory of Anguissa so far is giving the ball way.

Maybe it's like poker where you remember all the hands you get beat out on, but can't remember any of the winners?  I don't think so though, I think he's just crap.

AnOldBrownie

Yet the real collapse happened after he got pulled from the midfield.    He was poor, but I don't know why he's been singled out.   The entire midfield was poor...

3 goals conceded AFTER Andre was subbed.

He wasn't the only poor player.  Seri scored a worldly against Burnley.  What has he done since then?    Vietto's first touch is crap.    He gets bodied off the ball easily.

Question all the signings.  Not just Anguissa.

Statto

Poor and the whole back 5 behind him is mid-table championship standard. For all the money spent in that area we have gone backwards by losing Kalas, Fredericks and Targett. 21 goals conceded in 8 games... equates to 100 over the full 38-game season if we carry on. For comparison the infamous Derby team relegated with only 11 points conceded 89.

Aaron

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 07, 2018, 02:04:41 PMHe was poor, but I don't know why he's been singled out.   The entire midfield was poor...

I wouldn't dispute that, but he's been particularly apalling so far.

I think it's even harder for someone like him as he doesn't ever score goals and that's a good way to change people's perspective, but he won't do that, so he's much more likely to get singled out for his mistakes, and he makes a lot of them.

I also wouldn't dispute that Seri likes to give the ball away and is crap at taking corners.  Vietto hasn't done much, but he shows very ocassional flashes.  I guess the way I look at it is that I can see potential in both of those two, I could see how they could be viewed as good player.

Anguissa on the other hand..

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 07, 2018, 02:04:41 PM
Yet the real collapse happened after he got pulled from the midfield.    He was poor, but I don't know why he's been singled out.   The entire midfield was poor...

3 goals conceded AFTER Andre was subbed.

He wasn't the only poor player. 

We conceded them due to the manager going with the back four after their second.
Anguissa job is to hold it in midfield,I've lost count how many times in all the games I've attended where he has had the ball taken off of him.

milis

After what they presented today I think Anguissa, Christie, Ream and Bettinelli won't be among the starting 11 in the next few matches.

FulhamStu

I don't agree, I think he has looked good up to today.  We effectively had 2 midfielders v one of the best footballing sides in the division.  As soon as I saw the team, I tweeted we would be overrun in midfield. 

Woolly Mammoth

Some very good points highlighted by all of you, and the point about the defences responsibilities behind Anguissa is so relevant, where do we go from here.
Today was a massive lesson for everyone at Fulham, with no obvious cure for our shortcomings in the short term.
If it wasn't important before, our next matches v Cardiff and Huddersfield have all become six point Cup Finals, and not forgetting scrapping points against the more fancied teams.
It was not just the defeat today, it was the manner of the defeat.
A disastrous second half in so many ways.
But nothing we did not already know, but what worries me is that we are not learning from or improving our shortcomings.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Slaphead in Qatar

he's has done very little so far this season. does not see that motivated to be honest - not much energy

fulhamben

I actually thought he broke the play up well, which is his primary job. Yes he needs to work on speeding up releasing the ball, but id still take him over mcdonald all day long. Big kmac is just to slow for this division
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Riverside

Agreed that he seems to struggle with the pace of the Premier League and is disappointing.

However he was at least involved .
The game seemed to go round McDonald when he cam on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Riverside on October 07, 2018, 02:40:12 PM
Agreed that he seems to struggle with the pace of the Premier League and is disappointing.

However he was at least involved .
The game seemed to go round McDonald when he cam on

Well, that's the thing isn't it.

Anguissa is better than McDonald but Fulham need a holding mid better than Anguissa.

I too didn't think he was more poor than any of the other midfield players today, but the team needs him adjust faster than he has.   And you can look at him physically and see he's too lanky and not strong enough for the league yet.

elgreenio

It's not that hard to look bad when the guy next to you is an absolute superstar taking all the plaudits...

He's got huge potential, I'd rather make a judgement after our run of "winnable" games coming up

touch my camera through the fence

FulhamElite

Quote from: milis on October 07, 2018, 02:10:37 PM
After what they presented today I think Anguissa, Christie, Ream and Bettinelli won't be among the starting 11 in the next few matches.

Agree about the first two, but what did Ream and especially Betts do wrong?

Baszab

As I posted last week - can't have Schurrle and Vienetta  - leaves midfield too weak

filham

Quote from: Statto on October 07, 2018, 02:05:16 PM
Poor and the whole back 5 behind him is mid-table championship standard. For all the money spent in that area we have gone backwards by losing Kalas, Fredericks and Targett. 21 goals conceded in 8 games... equates to 100 over the full 38-game season if we carry on. For comparison the infamous Derby team relegated with only 11 points conceded 89.
Anguissa and Seri are just not producing the goods in midfield, best we get back to Cairney, Johansen and MacDonald who were so good last season.

HV71

I thought at first that Anguissa 'switched off ' far too often  but after today I have changed my mind in that I don't ever think his brain is actually ' switched on '. He has huge potential but until he actually engages his brain , concentrates on the job in hand, he may as well play in stocking feet for as much use as he is now. I rarely get on a players back but this guy is so frustrating- FFS man think !