https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa

Started by Mince n Tatties, October 07, 2018, 01:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: FulhamElite on October 07, 2018, 03:22:45 PM
Quote from: milis on October 07, 2018, 02:10:37 PM
After what they presented today I think Anguissa, Christie, Ream and Bettinelli won't be among the starting 11 in the next few matches.

Agree about the first two, but what did Ream and especially Betts do wrong?

Not a lot. Nothing in Ream's case, Betts maybe could have done better with their second but I need to see it again.

Twig

I think my difficulty is figuring out just what Anguissa brings to the team. If I could understand what his attributes were meant to be then I could judge his ability but thus far i'm perplexed as to what he is meant to be adding.

Luka

Quote from: filham on October 07, 2018, 04:21:17 PM
Quote from: Statto on October 07, 2018, 02:05:16 PM
Poor and the whole back 5 behind him is mid-table championship standard. For all the money spent in that area we have gone backwards by losing Kalas, Fredericks and Targett. 21 goals conceded in 8 games... equates to 100 over the full 38-game season if we carry on. For comparison the infamous Derby team relegated with only 11 points conceded 89.
Anguissa and Seri are just not producing the goods in midfield, best we get back to Cairney, Johansen and MacDonald who were so good last season.

Johansen an MacD are not PL quality and will never get there.
Seri probably is and Anguisa just needs a rocket up his backside.

David I

After what they presented today I think Anguissa, Christie, Ream and Bettinelli won't be among the starting 11 in the next few matches.
From where I was sat in block A. I thought Ream had a good game. Mopping everything up at the back and winning most in the air.... best of a bad bunch.

fulhamben

Quote from: Twig on October 07, 2018, 04:59:35 PM
Quote from: FulhamElite on October 07, 2018, 03:22:45 PM

Agree about the first two, but what did Ream and especially Betts do wrong?

Not a lot. Nothing in Ream's case, Betts maybe could have done better with their second but I need to see it again.
nothing in reams case apart from the fact he couldn't get near lacazate who scored two goals before ream got dragged off. .His lack of pace negates any ability that he has,and he will struggle all season because of this. Odoi and mlm had to cover for him on numerous occasions. He's just to slow, which isn't his fault but does cause us too many problems
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

itombomb

I think he has the potential to be really good, but makes the same couple of mistakes over and over - particularly allowing someone to come from behind and nick the ball off him, rather than shielding it or buying a foul. He's been here for 6 weeks, where is the coaching?

Still miles better at this level than MacDonald, who is just chasing shadows (watch the way they played around him for the 4th and 5th goals).

@jolslover

No doubt he didn't have a great game. It did however fall apart when he came off. I do think although this was mainly down to the change in formation we did definitely miss his energy and he breaks up opposition play better than Mcdonald (who I think is not mobile enough at this level)
STH H3

filham

Quote from: Luka on October 07, 2018, 05:03:07 PM
Quote from: filham on October 07, 2018, 04:21:17 PM
Quote from: Statto on October 07, 2018, 02:05:16 PM
Poor and the whole back 5 behind him is mid-table championship standard. For all the money spent in that area we have gone backwards by losing Kalas, Fredericks and Targett. 21 goals conceded in 8 games... equates to 100 over the full 38-game season if we carry on. For comparison the infamous Derby team relegated with only 11 points conceded 89.
Anguissa and Seri are just not producing the goods in midfield, best we get back to Cairney, Johansen and MacDonald who were so good last season.

Johansen an MacD are not PL quality and will never get there.
Seri probably is and Anguisa just needs a rocket up his backside.
Agree that Seri has had a couple of very good games but it seems that Jocanovic always leaves the matches required for the Anguissa rocket in the dressing room.

Chutney

He truly is out of his depth, but that said its not his fault we signed him or how much we signed him for.
C O Y W

Twig

Quote from: @jolslover on October 07, 2018, 06:39:57 PM
No doubt he didn't have a great game. It did however fall apart when he came off. I do think although this was mainly down to the change in formation we did definitely miss his energy and he breaks up opposition play better than Mcdonald (who I think is not mobile enough at this level)

For me it fell apart when Ream came off.  I found it hard to tell whether the Zambo substitution made much difference.

Bill2

He had a stinker, poor passing and not sure he won a 50/50 ball the entire game which for a defensive midfielder is unacceptable. Seems to lack any aggression when competing for the ball.

Twig

Quote from: Bill2 on October 08, 2018, 04:08:22 PM
He had a stinker, poor passing and not sure he won a 50/50 ball the entire game which for a defensive midfielder is unacceptable. Seems to lack any aggression when competing for the ball.

I do agree that he fails to show the aggression needed for a defensive midfielder.  Seri wins far more second balls and 50/50's than Zambo does.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: David I on October 07, 2018, 05:04:11 PM
From where I was sat in block A. I thought Ream had a good game. Mopping everything up at the back and winning most in the air.... best of a bad bunch.

I think he was the worst of the back three but to be honest I thought they did fairly well before he got subbed. MLM made some excellent interceptions. The main issue was Christie not tracking back.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: itombomb on October 07, 2018, 06:20:52 PM
I think he has the potential to be really good, but makes the same couple of mistakes over and over - particularly allowing someone to come from behind and nick the ball off him, rather than shielding it or buying a foul. He's been here for 6 weeks, where is the coaching?

Still miles better at this level than MacDonald, who is just chasing shadows (watch the way they played around him for the 4th and 5th goals).

Agreed.   We're going to have to get more from Anguissa.    He's bought and paid for, and better than McDonald.   I think he can improve but I think Slav needs to decide how he wants him to be used.

If Anguissa is ONLY a holding mid....a shield in front of the back line...play him that way.   Don't have him advancing too far.   If he wants to spray a long Michael Carrick like pass, have him do that...but let Seri and Cairney worry about supporting the attacks.

Anguissa has to think FASTER though.   Attacking players in the premier league are going to press defenders that get the ball.   They are hoping to make the defenders make a mistake with the ball.

He'll be fine.

Woolly Mammoth

It sometimes only takes one struggling player to place the balance of a defence out of kilts.
Hence the Christie issue with him being overrun and out of position far too often, dragged Odoi out of position to cover, pulling Ream across also, to replace Dennis, and when our midfield did not funnel back and tuck in quick enough, we then lost our shape time and time again, as we were overrun by a quicker and fitter team, and Arsenal were like a pack of dogs with a bone, they would not let go.
That is why they scored with ease, and why Marcus was exposed, he looked shell shocked as any Keeper would in his position.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

@jolslover

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 08, 2018, 05:28:06 PM
Quote from: itombomb on October 07, 2018, 06:20:52 PM

Agreed.   We're going to have to get more from Anguissa.    He's bought and paid for, and better than McDonald.   I think he can improve but I think Slav needs to decide how he wants him to be used.

If Anguissa is ONLY a holding mid....a shield in front of the back line...play him that way.   Don't have him advancing too far.   If he wants to spray a long Michael Carrick like pass, have him do that...but let Seri and Cairney worry about supporting the attacks.

Anguissa has to think FASTER though.   Attacking players in the premier league are going to press defenders that get the ball.   They are hoping to make the defenders make a mistake with the ball.

He'll be fine.
Good post.
STH H3

snarks

Just goes to show we all see different things. Wasn't he the one that intercepted the pass for the equaliser?
I thought he did OK, needs more discipline in where he plays, but the back 3 was better. Sess is improving week by week and played well against Bellarin. The parts are there (ish) always thought it would be November/December before we started playing well as a team. Frank will be part of that.

Facts Not Fiction

Having Cairney and Seri along side him will show his true worth IMO.

He isn't good enough going forward to play in a 2 man midfield, but this is the same for McDonald.

Jamie88

I saw him play a fair bit at Marseille and thought he was a fantastic player and was over the moon when we signed him, but I feel like he just isn't being used the same way for us. As has been said, He should be a DM and only that - it seems we are using him as a bit of a box to box player at times, and the fact he has never scored a goal in his career shows he isn't that! In fact at times, when he is playing with an attacking intent he reminds me of Seko Fofana as he seems to have a slightly heavy/clumsy touch all the time

I think he will come good if just playing within his means as a pure defensive midfielder

Twig

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on October 09, 2018, 08:29:22 AM
Having Cairney and Seri along side him will show his true worth IMO.

He isn't good enough going forward to play in a 2 man midfield, but this is the same for McDonald.

I agree. I said in another post that in my view Cairney's return will help us get more out of both Anguissa and also Seri.  I think they will have a bit more time to settle.