watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I still believe

Started by Southcoastffc, December 16, 2018, 05:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

in my club.  I will never side with the posts which write us off.  We may end up relegated, but IF** that happens, I'll still turn up to every game I possibly can to support my team and look forward to the prospect of enjoying a good game of football in which we come out on top.  OK, we look dire at the moment and there's not much light at the end of the tunnel at this stage (though we were very close to taking the lead yesterday and our confidence fell through the floor when they scored their 2nd) but we WILL get better.     Remember Juventus!

**We are only 3 points behind Southampton in 17th and there are still 21 games to play.     049:gif 049:gif 049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Lighthouse

I never believe. It is a safety mechanism. But I can never write off the club or belittle what they are trying to do. There is always a need to blame players or managers or owners when blame is usually shareable with everybody. The club is more than a hobby. It has brought strangers together and we have made friends because of it. It is sometimes easy to mock loyalty. But there is only one Fulham. Whatever happens we are all part of the journey. Sometimes we could all take time to remember we are all on the same side.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

I'm like Lighthouse but that is just because I'm a worrier.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

RaySmith

I will keep getting behind the team and believing/hoping we  will escape the drop until it's mathematically impossible.

I've been  here before  a few times with Fulham in various divisions , sometimes unsuccessfully and other  successfully -and was at City for that famous  turn around, second half  win that began the Great Escape, so I think - never give up.

Fulham76

Luckily, this season there a 3-5 other (almost) equally as crap teams as us. The fact we're still only 3 points from safety is a miracle. Therefore, realistically, we're still in with a good chance of survival, and with a transfer window just around the corner, there's every reason to remain positive.

filham

I too am a diehard supporter but it is hard to see how this is going to be sorted. Sure against Wolves I will be there shouting for Fulham and grateful if we get through the first ten minutes without damage.

BedsFFC

I think we'll stay up. And I'm looking forward to the fight and the feeling when we turn it around

St Eve

I think that we will be ok. Get Sess back, a few tweaks in the line up, bring in a couple of players in January, play for our lives and a little bit of luck.

davew

Quote from: BedsFFC on December 16, 2018, 07:06:54 PM
I think we'll stay up. And I'm looking forward to the fight and the feeling when we turn it around
We both won't the same thing, we seldom agree about anything, believe it or not we lived in the same County, but sadly FFC won't stay up this season, but they will be back, better and stronger and a new recruitment policy!! Watch this space!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Jimpav

We're going down with our defence and goal difference, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

We were in division 3 when I jumped on the Fulham bandwagon, the internet had barely been invented and Sessegnon wasn't even born.

Been some good times since then and some hideous ones. We've had both in the space of 6 months this year.

The Khans are getting a lot of gripes, but once all is said and done they're £100 million out of pocket and probably feeling pig sick. I'd rather them then Mike Ashley or Vincent Tan.

davew

Quote from: Jimpav on December 16, 2018, 09:42:08 PM

We're going down with our defence and goal difference, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

We were in division 3 when I jumped on the Fulham bandwagon, the internet had barely been invented and Sessegnon wasn't even born.

Been some good times since then and some hideous ones. We've had both in the space of 6 months this year.

The Khans are getting a lot of gripes, but once all is said and done they're £100 million out of pocket and probably feeling pig sick. I'd rather them then Mike Ashley or Vincent Tan.
They or what you mean is how much he has (his son is just a paid employee) invested of his own money! I wish more people had replied to my thread about how much they think our owner has actually invested, if they had given just an opinion it would have been appreciated! Only a few people did and just a couple of people provided a sensible response! He will be no worse off if we get relegated providing he can recoup some of the money invested on the new players even I think he can do that and then there are the parachute payments, if I had all of the information, as an accountant I could provide a more accurate assessment, but who knows what really goes on?

Twig

Who knows. Sign one or two experienced defenders (which is what stats boy should have done) and we might turn things around. Cahill anyone?

davew

We are in a position like the security card shown on an aeroplane, if we get to the brace, brace situation then it's too late. The rest of the season, guys brace yourselves!

Twig

Quote from: davew on December 16, 2018, 09:53:40 PM

They or what you mean is how much he has (his son is just a paid employee) invested of his own money! I wish more people had replied to my thread about how much they think our owner has actually invested, if they had given just an opinion it would have been appreciated! Only a few people did and just a couple of people provided a sensible response! He will be no worse off if we get relegated providing he can recoup some of the money invested on the new players even I think he can do that and then there are the parachute payments, if I had all of the information, as an accountant I could provide a more accurate assessment, but who knows what really goes on?

Going down is a financial negative, no doubt about it. For sure there are parachute payments but the devaluation of the squad, the loss of TV rights payments, the reduction in attendances, etc. This is a financial hit.

The Khans invested their £100m poorly, I think most of us agree on that, and they will see a big loss if we are relegated. If I were the owner I would be considering sacking my son who has been responsible for this debacle.  Sadly I assume he will continue to play with his toy and make further mistakes.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on December 16, 2018, 10:01:46 PM
Quote from: davew on December 16, 2018, 09:53:40 PM

Going down is a financial negative, no doubt about it. For sure there are parachute payments but the devaluation of the squad, the loss of TV rights payments, the reduction in attendances, etc. This is a financial hit.

The Khans invested their £100m poorly, I think most of us agree on that, and they will see a big loss if we are relegated. If I were the owner I would be considering sacking my son who has been responsible for this debacle.  Sadly I assume he will continue to play with his toy and make further mistakes.

That's pretty much how I see it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SWSixer

Can it be called a bandwagon when we were in Div 3?!

SWSixer

I still believe, but the West Ham match was the sternest test of that belief so far! COYW. Onwards and up up upwards in 2019.

:Happy New Year:

Mince n Tatties

Wonder if the "Bachelors" still Believe.😙

RaySmith

You would definitely think that Khan would  want to spend whatever it takes  in Jan to protect his investment, and also because I think it's important to him personally that the club does well - reflects well on him, and he is the type of man who likes to win.

He's spent a million, and if we go down it will be wasted - spend to  make that not the case  seems rational- I think and hope.
Of course , then you have to get the right players in - very important! - and Ranieri should  be asked who he wants,
and try and get them to come to Fulham - offer whatever it takes.
And we have to hope the club  gets some points before  Jan, while others fail.

I think confidence is a big issue. Plenty of promising signs in games, apart from defending, which did seem better in  CR's first couple of games, but then we concede through stupid errors and  fall apart. On Saturday, we were caught on the counter attack, with our defenders all over the place, struggling to get back into position.
I hope and expect CR to try and deal with this in training this week.

Just got my ticket for Newcastle - mad, well I must be  mad to follow Fulham over the years, but let's hope we can  get a bit of  the rub of the green, and at least get a point.

Woolly Mammoth

A point at Newcastle, which will only be our second away point of the season will feel like a victory, and a great morale booster.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.