more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Striker

Started by Mince n Tatties, December 26, 2018, 02:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

We need one.
Should have had the game wrapped up first half.
And of course second half the inevitable, we were hardly in it.

Moltobueno

so you're saying is mitrovic is not up to it? interesting

fulhamben

Quote from: Moltobueno on December 26, 2018, 02:52:30 PM
could do with a decent back up. Mitrovic play was world class today, but his finishing has been conference standard in the last few games
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

colinwhite

We need a striker as a compliment to Mitro. Mitrovic was superb today and the majority of his chances were carved out by his own skill.He was superb today.

One Martin Thomas

Defoe for half a season ????

bobbo

I'll buy that Defoe would be good but he doesn't last a whole game.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

JoelH5

Yeah strange one for him. His play to create chances out of nothing was impeccable. His finishing was terrible
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Porthogs FC

Quote from: bobbo on December 26, 2018, 03:13:08 PM
I'll buy that Defoe would be good but he doesn't last a whole game.
Does Defoe still have his pace? Isn't he like 35?

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Moltobueno on December 26, 2018, 02:52:30 PM
He's a good player but his form is not consistent. Was lethal against Southampton and today he couldn't finish his dinner despite being good creatively.

Statto

Mitrovic is one of the best player's we've had in the last 40 years and there is absolutely zero chance of us getting anyone better in the foreseeable future. We perhaps need a backup striker in case he gets injured but they're not going to play if Mitro is fit and I'm not sure what difference a spare player watching from the bench would have made today.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Statto on December 26, 2018, 10:00:18 PM
Mitrovic is one of the best player's we've had in the last 40 years and there is absolutely zero chance of us getting anyone better in the foreseeable future. We perhaps need a backup striker in case he gets injured but they're not going to play if Mitro is fit and I'm not sure what difference a spare player watching from the bench would have made today.

A backup striker that has pace is needed on the squad.     If Sess or AK47 doesn't play the front line looks extremely slow.

The team needs a plan B striker who plays a little differently from the way Mitro plays.

Plus...heaven forbid, but if Mitro picks up a knock and has to miss 5 games...

hovewhite

Mitro goes on run of games scoring like most strikers,just we needed a second goal.

Woolly Mammoth

It's all going to boil down to who we recruit in the Window. We do look in a little better shape defensively wise, but once again individuals failure to defend this or attack that, or miss this or fail to mark so and so, are costing us points.
But it has to be the right players in the right positions with lashings of experience and the mental strength to enable us to climb up the table and the ability to take something away from each match, no matter who or where we play.
Disappointed with certain players, grateful for others.
I have no faith in TK and his recruitment team, they have done a poor job and initially cost Slavisa his job.
But now CR is in charge, I hope they listen to him, and not think the tail can wag the dog anymore.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

VancouverWhite

A striker that's better then Mitro is going to cost north of 50 mil, just saying!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on December 26, 2018, 10:00:18 PM

Not saying we should replace him,but we need another striker,and I should think Tinkerman knows also.
Last 3 games our front men have let us down,we should have scored twice before Spam did,again at Newcastle and in the first half against Wolves.
Regardless how good they played,they're failing to put it in the Onion bag.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: VancouverWhite on December 27, 2018, 04:57:03 AM
A striker that's better then Mitro is going to cost north of 50 mil, just saying!

Like like like

But just imagine.... If we could sell/ return 4 players, what would our net spend be for a $50MM striker? Would our team still function well defensively, but be that much more potent in offense? Could we play a 4 - 2 - 2 - 2 a la MCC?