watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rico, Odoi, and Ream

Started by Brawn, December 27, 2018, 12:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawn

I thought Rico's keeping was quite suspect today, especially on second viewing. There were two occasions when he pushed the ball back to where it came from rather than parrying it behind or holding on to it. The keeping for the goal was also bizarre, he didn't know whether to come for it or stay at home and ended up diving for the ball when he was nowhere near it.

Match of the Day, interestingly, blamed Odoi and Ream yet again, for the second time in three games, having been on the end of a roasting against West Ham they were criticised again today, and I completely agree with what they're saying - Odoi loses his man and Ream switches off and doesn't drop back with Mawson and Bryan.

Rico had closed the keeper debate but today unfortunately he reopened it. The Oldham FA Cup game should now be used as a "last chance saloon" for various players (McDonald, Johansen, Ayite, Kebano, Vietto, Ream, Odoi, MLM), and Bettinelli needs to play that game. If Rico doesn't do well in the next two games, Bettinelli should come back into the side for the following League game (Burnley away).

alfie

Quote from: Brawn on December 27, 2018, 12:18:56 AM
I thought Rico's keeping was quite suspect today, especially on second viewing. There were two occasions when he pushed the ball back to where it came from rather than parrying it behind or holding on to it. The keeping for the goal was also bizarre, he didn't know whether to come for it or stay at home and ended up diving for the ball when he was nowhere near it.

Match of the Day, interestingly, blamed Odoi and Ream yet again, for the second time in three games, having been on the end of a roasting against West Ham they were criticised again today, and I completely agree with what they're saying - Odoi loses his man and Ream switches off and doesn't drop back with Mawson and Bryan.

Rico had closed the keeper debate but today unfortunately he reopened it. The Oldham FA Cup game should now be used as a "last chance saloon" for various players (McDonald, Johansen, Ayite, Kebano, Vietto, Ream, Odoi, MLM), and Bettinelli needs to play that game. If Rico doesn't do well in the next two games, Bettinelli should come back into the side for the following League game (Burnley away).
Personally I don't think he had a chance of getting to that ball
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Bassey the warrior

Rico is far better than Betts, there's no question of dropping him in the league.

Statto

The Oldham FA Cup game should now be used as a "last chance saloon" for various players (McDonald, Johansen, Ayite, Kebano, Vietto, Ream, Odoi, MLM), and Bettinelli needs to play that game.

Ok so let's say we treat Oldham as "last chance saloon" for Ream, Odoi and MLM and all 3 play absolutely crap. Then what's your back 5 for the Burnley game? 

Realistically at least 2 of them are always going in the starting XI. Not because they're good but because we've got no one else.

Facts Not Fiction

Bettinelli has had more than his fair share of chances. Rico is undoubtedly our best keeper.

filham

Quote from: Statto on December 27, 2018, 10:52:50 AM
The Oldham FA Cup game should now be used as a "last chance saloon" for various players (McDonald, Johansen, Ayite, Kebano, Vietto, Ream, Odoi, MLM), and Bettinelli needs to play that game.

Ok so let's say we treat Oldham as "last chance saloon" for Ream, Odoi and MLM and all 3 play absolutely crap. Then what's your back 5 for the Burnley game? 

Realistically at least 2 of them are always going in the starting XI. Not because they're good but because we've got no one else.
Playing five at the back and Chambers in midfield means that we have but one defender in reserve, I suspect the first window signing will be a proven defender of Ranieri's choice who will have the qualities needed to be captain.

MrFFC

No doubt in keeper department Rico is much better than Bettinelli & we haven't seen enough of Fabri . Rico easily number 1
Come on you Whites!! :)

snarks

Not sure about Odoi at fault for their goal wondered about the positioning of Christie too, although Ream was easy to criticise for their goal if it had been pulled back would he have received criticism for not staying with the striker who pulled back to the penalty spot. Damned if you do, damned if you don't for me. As for Rico he did little wrong for their goal.

hovewhite

Firstly odoi should have been closer to the player to close him down  but the big one was ream not going back to his position in the box ,if he'd been there no goal.

toshes mate

I definitely thought Rico was caught in two minds when the cross was delivered and I thought he went too late when he committed.  But the goal was just another one to chalk up to players turning off at critical moments and we have witnessed it far too often this campaign.

andyk

I think a keeper might be on the list in Jan, because, at the moment, none of ours are anywhere near Prem standard. Yesterday the Wolves keeper had two one on ones with Mitro and did enough to stop him. Rico had one diff situation to deal with and ended up standing behind the goalscorer as he kicked into an empty net.

Robbie

Yes, the picking on Ream thing is weird. He had to stay with the striker holding back.

bobbo

Simple analasis to the arguments on this thread,
If all the players were where you all reckon they should be, then there'd be no goals.
And If  there were all much better than they are they'd be playing for bigger and better clubs.

It's Fulham and how it is.

Just saying.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Brawn

Quote from: Statto on December 27, 2018, 10:52:50 AM

I'd have thought we'd have signed several players by then...

hovewhite

Quote from: bobbo on December 27, 2018, 01:22:18 PM
Simple analasis to the arguments on this thread,
If all the players were where you all reckon they should be, then there'd be no goals.
And If  there were all much better than they are they'd be playing for bigger and better clubs.

It's Fulham and how it is.

Just saying.
that's true,if ream was man to man and the opponents player who ream is marking go with him it leaves a gaping hole to play into for the runner to come in to and take advantage of the space which happened.I was told if player you were marking was 4 yards in front of you .you go back to mark your space in the pitch especially when the ball is being played behind you.

elgreenio

I personally don't think Rico is the golden child some make out him to be on here, doesn't look comfortable aerially and his kicking isn't great is it.

No, i'm not saying he should be dropped for Betts or Fabri, I just think he's due a missed punch that ends up in our net
touch my camera through the fence

bahay18

Just watching the goal back on MOTD  . Odoi is pretty unfortunate really. The guy is walking back and then suddenly realises he could be back in the play and just about gets back onside before the ball is played to him and Odoi has switched off to the fact he is there. After that , Rico doesn't stay or go just rather falls over. There was no real threat at the near post so i think he really should have been doing better . They said ream made the wrong choice covering the pull back  but the keeper and the full back should be able to deal with the cross.   Bryan really should be doing much better at the back post .he is well in front of the guy he is marking , just a little slow to react. He is given a little shove , Maybe another team would have got a flag for the push .

Rico hasnt covered himself in glory the last 2 home games.  but his handling and kicking is far superior to betts' at the moment.

Arthur

A number of differences of opinion.

My view is that, having just tracked Cavaleiro off the pitch, Odoi should have been looking out for his return onto it. And he didn't. To our cost. Ream didn't switch off (as the O.P. claims); he followed the man he was marking. Even had he chosen to drop towards the six-yard line, I don't think he would have got enough of his foot around the ball to clear it; he would have had to risk either leaving the ball or playing it towards his own net. McDonald, on the other hand, was behind Saiss when it was needed for him to be in a position to throw himself in front of the goalscorer. Who knows? It may have been enough to prevent the ball ending up in the back of the net.

That having said, I thought that we defended well overall: Mawson showed good leadership qualities and our discipline and shape were more consistently good.