Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 08, 2019, 04:49:48 AM
Quote from: mlangstrom on January 07, 2019, 10:27:23 PM
                        Rico

Odoi,  Chambers,  Ream, MLM, Bryan

Cisse    Cairney

Kamara             Sess

Mitro

Betts, Christie, S Sess, Seri, Johansen, Schullre, Ayite

In the absence of Gary Cahill or any other new addition, I quite fancy this lineup.
I am surprised Woolley that you have put Chambers in back line

Yes, so am I, I just feel that Chambers despite his disappointing run outs in that position in earlier games. I feel we need to have him at the back to add height and tenacity to a flaky defence, and let Cisse do his job in midfield. If that does not work, then revert back to Chambers in midfield.
I just feel it gives us a more aggressive look.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 08, 2019, 11:05:36 AM
Quote from: alfie on January 08, 2019, 07:20:47 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 08, 2019, 04:49:48 AM
Quote from: mlangstrom on January 07, 2019, 10:27:23 PM
                        Rico

Odoi,  Chambers,  Ream, MLM, Bryan

Cisse    Cairney

Kamara             Sess

Mitro

Betts, Christie, S Sess, Seri, Johansen, Schullre, Ayite

In the absence of Gary Cahill or any other new addition, I quite fancy this lineup.
I am surprised Woolley that you have put Chambers in back line

Yes, so am I, I just feel that Chambers despite his disappointing run outs in that position in earlier games. I feel we need to have him at the back to add height and tenacity to a flaky defence, and let Cisse do his job in midfield. If that does not work, then revert back to Chambers in midfield.
I just feel it gives us a more aggressive look.
Yep I c your thinking
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

I am holding back with my team selection until Wednesday in the hope that we may sign Cahill today or tomorrow and that he would be fit to play against Burnley.
OK I am clutching at straws but I really want to see us go up to Burnley with a bit of a chance.

WhiteJC

yet another must win game and after the FA Cup game I'd stick to more or less the same team who played against Arsenal, we were much better than the result suggested, swapping AK47 for Schurrle.
I'm assuming that we either won't have made any signings or they'll arrive too late for this game.

Rico

Christie      Odoi      MLM      Ream      Bryan

Chambers      Cairney

AK47      Mitrovic      Sessegnon

Betts, KMac, Cisse, Sari, StefJo, Ayite, Schurrle

simplyfulham

Anyone else just think sod it, how much worse can the team who took us on a 23 game unbeaten run actually do compared to the shambles we've had to endure recently..

I keep reading how the team we had last year aren't good enough, but the truth is for one reason or another we haven't ever actually played with that team in the Premier League.

Bettinelli

Christie      Odoi      Ream     Bryan

McDonald

Cairney             Johansen

Kamara                              Sessegnon
                    Mitrovic

hovewhite

Quote from: simplyfulham on January 09, 2019, 08:48:43 AM
Anyone else just think sod it, how much worse can the team who took us on a 23 game unbeaten run actually do compared to the shambles we've had to endure recently..

I keep reading how the team we had last year aren't good enough, but the truth is for one reason or another we haven't ever actually played with that team in the Premier League.

Bettinelli

McDonald

Mitrovic

kind of agree with that line up and plenty of Fight in that team 

Facts Not Fiction

Bettinelli

McDonald

Mitrovic

Congrats Burnley on the 3-0 win.

Milo

Bettinelli

McDonald

Mitrovic

Think all the evidence so far this season points to 5 at the back.

Also think Rico and Chambers have earned their places.

Milo

Quote from: WhiteJC on January 08, 2019, 01:54:47 PM
yet another must win game and after the FA Cup game I'd stick to more or less the same team who played against Arsenal, we were much better than the result suggested, swapping AK47 for Schurrle.
I'm assuming that we either won't have made any signings or they'll arrive too late for this game.

Rico

Christie      Odoi      MLM      Ream      Bryan

Chambers      Cairney

AK47      Mitrovic      Sessegnon

Betts, KMac, Cisse, Seri, StefJo, Ayite, Schurrle

Agree with this!

simplyfulham

Quote from: Milo on January 09, 2019, 10:45:34 AM

Bettinelli

McDonald

Mitrovic

Think all the evidence so far this season points to 5 at the back.

Also think Rico and Chambers have earned their places.

Don't get me wrong, Rico is our number one no questions and I agree Chambers has done well.

But collectively they've been poor in spite of the efforts of some of the new recruits.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on January 09, 2019, 10:31:45 AM

Bettinelli

McDonald

Mitrovic

Congrats Burnley on the 3-0 win.

Because...

Statto

Bettinelli

McDonald

Mitrovic

The crazy thing is, despite all our new signings and spending, the formation we've now settled on and are most likely to play on Saturday is only likely to involve 3 changes to that lineup

(1) Rico for Betts
(2) Chambers for Mcdonald (is that even an upgrade?)
(3) An extra defender, MLM, for Johansen (again not an upgrade, just a tactical change to make us more defensive)

Astonishing

Fulham 442

First name on the team sheet for me would be Odoi after watching his interview on the Offal following our humiliating exit from the FA Cup at the hands of Oldham.  He will certainly be up for it!

filham

Quote from: filham on January 08, 2019, 11:54:38 AM
I am holding back with my team selection until Wednesday in the hope that we may sign Cahill today or tomorrow and that he would be fit to play against Burnley.
OK I am clutching at straws but I really want to see us go up to Burnley with a bit of a chance.

So, Cahill has not been signed so we have to go to Burnley with the same players that have failed so far this season.
How Ranieri is going to motivate these players to give a performance I can't imagine and really think we are facing yet another defeat.
To be in with any chance we are going to have to defend for most of the game and battle for the full 90 minutes plus.

My team would be:-

Rico

Christie          Odoi          Ream       Le Marchand       Bryan     

Chambers          Seri

Kamara                  Mitrovic                    Sess.   

What no Cairney? No I really do not think he will be up for the fight.                           

nose returns

Quote from: filham on January 10, 2019, 06:13:20 PM
Quote from: filham on January 08, 2019, 11:54:38 AM

So, Cahill has not been signed so we have to go to Burnley with the same players that have failed so far this season.
How Ranieri is going to motivate these players to give a performance I can't imagine and really think we are facing yet another defeat.
To be in with any chance we are going to have to defend for most of the game and battle for the full 90 minutes plus.

My team would be:-

Rico

Christie          Odoi          Ream       Le Marchand       Bryan     

Chambers          Seri

Kamara                  Mitrovic                    Sess.   

What no Cairney? No I really do not think he will be up for the fight.                         

if you play seri in that position we will lose IMO pnly TC should play deep lying play maker and along side chambers as he was secong
d half against huddersfield reminded us of what he can really do.

i would not play seri for quite a while his effort levels remain way to low and even against oldham he struggled in any physical challenge to retain possesion.

davew

Whichever permutation people come up with from our present squad, I cannot find any enthusiasm or belief that any selection can be a winning one, not without additional players being signed anyway and look how long that is taking. A case of after the horse has bolted maybe?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

alfie

I am going to take the silly view that they will be up for it, although does not mean we wil win.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

davew

Quote from: alfie on January 10, 2019, 06:20:16 PM
I am going to take the silly view that they will be up for it, although does not mean we wil win.

I hope you are right, surely they can't give another inept performance? I don't care (well I do actually) if we lose, but if they don't show some character and balls this might be the last match I watch this season (of course it won't be...but makes you feel like that).
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

nose returns

Quote from: alfie on January 10, 2019, 06:20:16 PM

In reality, i would settle for 90 minutes absolute effort and even if 2 down with 10 to go we threw everything at them to try and rescue a point, i think i would cope... but we cannot play as we did away at huddersfield again

Matt10

We need a bit more size against Wood and Barnes, and more help on the right hand side as Dwight McNeil is going to challenge us, so I've brought his teenager counterpart in Sessegnon to help Christie.

Most goals that we have conceded this season has been at the right hand side. We have had different RBs in that role, so I can't blame just Christie. Personally, I think Odoi needs a break, despite his goal in the FA cup. Just too many brain fleeting moments, and it can't be a coincidence that so many goals have been conceded on that right hand side. So, if it's possible, I'd like to see Chambers at the RCB spot, which continues the pairing of Cairney and Cisse in the middle.

I still like the Schurrle and Mitro combo early, with AK going in as early sub in the second half. Can see Schurrle and Sess switching sides multiple times in the match, and hopefully some crosses for Mitro will be made a priority.

My main question mark is Christie in the attack as he's really struggled with his right footed crossing. I hope this has been worked on a lot this week as I believe it was the main reason he was pulled from the Arsenal match.

3-4-3

Rico

Chambers    Ream     LeMarchand

Christie      Cairney      Cisse        Bryan

Sessegnon     Mitro   Schurrle

Subs: Betts, Kamara, Johansen, Seri, Odoi, Kebano, Vietto