more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

Newcastle brining in a defender

BREAKING: Sky sources - @NUFC agree deal with @OfficialSSLazio to sign defender @J_Lukaku94 on loan #SSN

DevonFFC

Ibrahim Amadou, who came to Seville this summer, attracts interest from Premier League clubs Fulham and Newcastle. The midfielder is not currently open for a move but the situation can change. He has just started 2 league games for Seville. #LaLiga [Estadio Deportivo]

Riversider

Quote from: BernieBoy on January 24, 2019, 07:25:13 AM
Quote from: Riversider on January 24, 2019, 04:23:57 AM
Looks like the Benatia transfer could well be happening, don't know anything about him to be able to pass comment,  but the fact that at age 31 he has only played 6 times all season is going to mean that it's going to take a few weeks to get up to speed,
And that seems to be a pattern that we are going to have to follow this window, as with Babel before, players not good enough to be first choice regulars at their current club, which means game time has been limited leading to ring rusty players joining us, which in the short term is going to be very problematic.

He is contracted to Juventus who arguably have one of the best defences in Europe, so it's no shame not getting into their starting 11, with likes of Bonucci and Chiellini In front of him.
If we could get this over the line it would be a top signing for us!

You miss the point, I wasn't talking about his ability or lack of it, I was merely highlighting his lack of game time, by the time he is match fit we will have the letter R next to our name on The Match Of The Day league table.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Riversider on January 24, 2019, 02:52:52 PM
Quote from: BernieBoy on January 24, 2019, 07:25:13 AM
Quote from: Riversider on January 24, 2019, 04:23:57 AM
Looks like the Benatia transfer could well be happening, don't know anything about him to be able to pass comment,  but the fact that at age 31 he has only played 6 times all season is going to mean that it's going to take a few weeks to get up to speed,
And that seems to be a pattern that we are going to have to follow this window, as with Babel before, players not good enough to be first choice regulars at their current club, which means game time has been limited leading to ring rusty players joining us, which in the short term is going to be very problematic.

He is contracted to Juventus who arguably have one of the best defences in Europe, so it's no shame not getting into their starting 11, with likes of Bonucci and Chiellini In front of him.
If we could get this over the line it would be a top signing for us!

You miss the point, I wasn't talking about his ability or lack of it, I was merely highlighting his lack of game time, by the time he is match fit we will have the letter R next to our name on The Match Of The Day league table.

That is of course a concern. However, it is difficult to identify players who are

i) clear upgrades on our current squad and
ii) willing to come to us at this point in time that has also
iii)had plenty of game time this season and
iv) their current club would agree to sell.

Something has to give most likely, because it is not realistic to expect all of the above to be true. So, if we go for proven skill and experience on a level above our current players it is likely that our targets have not had the best of seasons so far. 

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 24, 2019, 03:08:37 PM

i) clear upgrades on our current squad and
ii) willing to come to us at this point in time that has also
iii)had plenty of game time this season and
iv) their current club would agree to sell.

it is not realistic to expect all of the above to be true 

i find it hard to believe that there isn't, anywhere in the world, a defender better than Tim Ream who, with the right money and structuring, could be persuaded to come to Fulham and let go by his current club despite having been in or around the first team recently. Yes it is "difficult", in the same way that it's difficult for all us fans to get up at 7am every morning and go to work, but perfectly achievable.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on January 24, 2019, 01:59:28 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 24, 2019, 12:17:47 PM
Quote from: junior white on January 24, 2019, 11:44:46 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 24, 2019, 11:25:35 AM
Stefan J in talks with Fenerbahce apparently.
Saw this earlier, leaving one team in a relegation battle for another.

If he goes good luck to him, personally think he could have offered something for us this year but seems to have been overlooked, just my opinion from the outside

Agreed. He didn't really impress when he played but he's barely played at all. I really like him as a player though.

He's in training pics at Fulham taken 2 hours ago.

Agents do the talking don't they?

DevonFFC

BREAKING: @ChelseaFC's @VictorMoses completes medical at @Fenerbahce_EN ahead of loan move #SSN

Nero

Cauley Woodrow leaving Barnsley, dont know where hes off to yet

river phoenix

Get French Football News

@GFFN
1h1 hour ago
More
31-year-old Juventus central defender Medhi Benatia has decided to reject a contract extension offer, as well as proposals from Arsenal & Fulham, for a move to Qatar (YS) http://bit.ly/BenatiaDate

Milo

So back to square 1 on all accounts. Big game against Brighton in 3 working days.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Nero on January 24, 2019, 05:12:01 PM
Really?
Woodrow joined League One club Barnsley on 24 August 2018 on loan until January 2019, ahead of a proposed permanent transfer. He signed for Barnsley permanently on 3 January 2019 on a two-and-a-half-year contract, with the option of a further year in the club's favour, for an undisclosed fee.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

Cauley Woodrow [Fulham - Barnsley] Undisclosed*

*Previously on loan, confirmation of transfer agreed in 2018 summer transfer window
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

2 days ago

Ben Pringle [Preston - Tranmere] Loan

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 24, 2019, 06:14:30 PM
Really?
Woodrow joined League One club Barnsley on 24 August 2018 on loan until January 2019, ahead of a proposed permanent transfer. He signed for Barnsley permanently on 3 January 2019 on a two-and-a-half-year contract, with the option of a further year in the club's favour, for an undisclosed fee.

He just signed for Barnsley this month.lol

Mince n Tatties

Brighton have signed a couple in time to play us.😬

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 24, 2019, 06:17:26 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on January 24, 2019, 06:14:30 PM
Really?

He just signed for Barnsley this month.lol

Poor lad probably doesn't know if he is coming or going!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 24, 2019, 02:31:58 PM
Newcastle brining in a defender

BREAKING: Sky sources - @NUFC agree deal with @OfficialSSLazio to sign defender @J_Lukaku94 on loan #SSN

He's a lb.

mkras99

https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/tmw-fulham-piace-toloi-primi-contatti-con-l-entourage-del-difensore-1205935

Claudio Ranieri's Fulham is considering the engagement of the Atalanta defender Rafael Toloi. The London club, according to what we learned from our editorial team, would have initiated contacts with the entourage of the Brazilian player, class 1990.

Matt10

Quote from: mkras99 on January 24, 2019, 08:57:03 PM
https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/tmw-fulham-piace-toloi-primi-contatti-con-l-entourage-del-difensore-1205935

Claudio Ranieri's Fulham is considering the engagement of the Atalanta defender Rafael Toloi. The London club, according to what we learned from our editorial team, would have initiated contacts with the entourage of the Brazilian player, class 1990.

Excellent, hope this happens. More Serie A/B experience the better. We need defenders who are comfortable playing the deep defensive lines that Claudio employs.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-showing-interest-brazilian-defender-ahead-deadline-contact-made-agent/