Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: f321ffc on January 25, 2019, 11:30:13 AM
From Twitter so who knows?

Transferchanger
@TransferChanger
·
48m
Manchester United's Timothy Fosu-Mensah could be set for a loan move to La Liga side Levante.

#MUFC
We ain't that lucky
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

howitis

Bookies now have Fenerbahce as favs to sign Drinkwater, following their recent success with Moses.

Cahill now evens to join us but considering he was 1/4, definitely on the slide.

If you think that Babel has replaced Kamara (def upgrade), we have added no numbers to the squad. With Kebano, Fosu Mensah and Johansen also looking like departing and a slim chance of McDonald and Ayite finding loan deals we need to pull our finger out !

howitis

Dont shoot me down in flames but I think it may be worth trying to loan Jannsen of Spurs to season end. He is fit, better than people give him credit for and keen to prove a point.

Sting of the North

Quote from: howitis on January 25, 2019, 01:09:48 PM
Bookies now have Fenerbahce as favs to sign Drinkwater, following their recent success with Moses.

Cahill now evens to join us but considering he was 1/4, definitely on the slide.

If you think that Babel has replaced Kamara (def upgrade), we have added no numbers to the squad. With Kebano, Fosu Mensah and Johansen also looking like departing and a slim chance of McDonald and Ayite finding loan deals we need to pull our finger out !

Well, it is fairly likely that we won't let all those players leave if we don't secure replacements first. Which is a big part of why the market is so slow in the first place. I also believe that Babel may be an upgrade on Kamara, but am always surprised how quickly people decide these things. We have seen Babel play for us for like an hour or so. Kamara also definitely had good games.

howitis

Fair point Sting. Reason for the upgrade was more about football intelligence. Despite Kamara pace and brute strength there was no subtlety and very little end product. Throw in the penalty debacle and the 2 lots of shenanigans at Motspur Park and you wouldn't need to do much to be an upgrade ! (on and off the pitch)

Woolly Mammoth

064.gif
Quote from: sunburywhite on January 25, 2019, 12:35:31 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 25, 2019, 11:44:14 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 25, 2019, 06:13:45 AM
There is a signing today,somewhere over the rainbow,

Perhaps Zippy from 🌈 Rainbow is about all we will get.

I hope not because that means we Bungled it

064.gif
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 25, 2019, 11:44:14 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 25, 2019, 06:13:45 AM
There is a signing today,somewhere over the rainbow,

Perhaps Zippy from 🌈 Rainbow is about all we will get.

Can he play at RB or is he a CB?

LVBPTS

Quote from: howitis on January 25, 2019, 01:11:47 PM
Dont shoot me down in flames but I think it may be worth trying to loan Jannsen of Spurs to season end. He is fit, better than people give him credit for and keen to prove a point.

funny you mention this, i had the same thought yesterday when i read Pochitino's comments that he is not in his plans at all and needs to find a club
Supporter since 2000

davew

Maybe time to close this thread, the sand timer is nearly empty as will be my wine glass in a minute! Pleased to see that the club hasn't made the same mistake as it did in the last window, too many players recruited at the last minute. Whether it is by choice or otherwise, I think the owner will be relieved that he hasn't been advised to waste more money! I don't think I could stand another period of great expectations only to be let down again!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

Don't know why I started it again,there more rumours down the Womens Institute.... Boring 😡

Luka

May as well try tapping up Wayne Rooney. He's at home twiddling his thumbs at the moment !!
Might just fancy keeping himself match fit over here.

Barrett487

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/25/do-report-wolves-everton-and-claudio-ranieri-all-want-italy-ace/

Wolverhampton Wanderers, Everton and Fulham are all interested in signing Italy centre-back Gianluca Mancini, according to Calciomercato.

The 22-year-old is one of a number of players who has made his name at Gian Piero Gasperini's overachieving Atalanta over the last few seasons and, like Bryan Cristante, Franck Kessie and Roberto Gagliardini, could now be rewarded with a big-money move away from the Bergamo.

Barrett487

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/25/agent-comments-on-antonio-candreva-future-amid-west-ham-fulham-s/

Antonio Candreva is a player in demand, with West Ham United and Fulham reported to be interested in the Inter Milan winger.

According to Calciomercato, Fulham, who won promotion from the Championship to the Premier League at the end of last season, are interested in the 31-year-old winger

The Daily Star reported earlier this month that West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini could make a move for the Italy international.

The former Lazio and Udinese star's agent, Federico Pastorello, has suggested that the winger could leave Inter this month due to lack of playing time at the Italian club so far this season.

The Old Count

Quote from: Barrett487 on January 25, 2019, 04:04:21 PM
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/25/do-report-wolves-everton-and-claudio-ranieri-all-want-italy-ace/

Wolverhampton Wanderers, Everton and Fulham are all interested in signing Italy centre-back Gianluca Mancini, according to Calciomercato.

The 22-year-old is one of a number of players who has made his name at Gian Piero Gasperini's overachieving Atalanta over the last few seasons and, like Bryan Cristante, Franck Kessie and Roberto Gagliardini, could now be rewarded with a big-money move away from the Bergamo.

I doubt he'll come here.  Our lot couldn't persuade Mark Fotheringham to join us right now

sarvenpa

How often have we signed and presented new player during the weekend?

f321ffc

Dean Jones
@DeanJonesBR
·
6m
West Brom hopeful they can sign Stefan Johansen from Fulham. Asked about Aboubakar Kamara aswell
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

filham

Quote from: sarvenpa on January 25, 2019, 04:23:29 PM
Just three working days to go unil that window slams shut.
As I have been thinking for some time we are again leaving things late and will probable be grabbing overpriced left overs on the final day.

Twig

Quote from: filham on January 25, 2019, 04:57:08 PM
As I have been thinking for some time we are again leaving things late and will probable be grabbing overpriced left overs on the final day.

Or nothing at all.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Twig on January 25, 2019, 05:36:34 PM
Quote from: filham on January 25, 2019, 04:57:08 PM

Or nothing at all.

Perhaps we have got to the stage where nothing at all might be for the best. We seem to have got lucky with Babel judging by his debut but we have been warned those performances might tail off pretty sharpish. New players will need that good old settling in, match ready period and then they have to play, adapt and function. It could be March before all those cogs fall into place. The rumour mill is virtually dead and even those in the know have nothing to say.

SG