watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

But what are your qualifications to make such comments?

OK, so the club has  bought players in the recent past who weren't seen to be up to playing in the Prem, but  presumably now club and manager realise the urgency in  bringing in players who they feel can make an immediate difference, so why would they consider a player who is as useless as you say?

There doesn't seem concrete evidence that Fulham is signing or even interested in this player anyway.

Woolly Mammoth

It's the same pattern every time, and my biggest concern, especially with our keystone recruitment outfit, is that we are now in the unenviable position of failing with our 1st 2nd and 3rd choice targets, and has happened in the past, resorting to bringing in anyone who puts their hand up, paying over the odds and wasting money for the pleasure, when we could have got a better player from the Championship or Division One for less.
I would rather us not buy anyone than sign on deadwood and throw outs and panic buys from other clubs, like has happened so often in the past.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

aster

Quote from: RaySmith on January 26, 2019, 04:49:51 PM
But what are your qualifications to make such comments?

OK, so the club has  bought players in the recent past who weren't seen to be up to playing in the Prem, but  presumably now club and manager realise the urgency in  bringing in players who they feel can make an immediate difference, so why would they consider a player who is as useless as you say?

There doesn't seem concrete evidence that Fulham is signing or even interested in this player anyway.

I do not understand. My qualifications? No one here (I assume) has any qualifications for making comments about football, and yet, we all do it. My qualifications are my eyes and common sense.

And I was the first one who said that I think (and hope) these Almeida "transfer rumours" are fake.

Riversider

Quote from: Holders on January 26, 2019, 03:38:47 PM
Quote from: Riversider on January 26, 2019, 03:33:13 PM
Quote from: aster on January 26, 2019, 03:04:26 PM
I do not believe this supposed transfer. Andre Almeida is the worst defender of Benfica alongside Ruben Dias. Not even TK is that stupid. Painfully slow, terrible 1 on 1, non-existent crosses. This is obviously fake. For him, Christie is Philipp Lahm.

Oh great, thats a 100% certain we announce him next week then.

He's a full international, if he comes let's at least give him a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyEOurkQ-DA

So is T.F.M

Mince n Tatties

Cauley just got the winner for Barnsley.
Can we re-sign him to play centre back?..

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: RaySmith on January 26, 2019, 04:29:00 PM
Quote from: aster on January 26, 2019, 04:23:56 PM
Quote from: Holders on January 26, 2019, 04:04:24 PM
I won't be writing him off before he's kicked a ball.

The problem is- he has already been kicking the ball for Benfica for around 8 years, and I know what I'm saying. You can wait to see.

This player is worse than Christie. Some of his reactions in the Portuguese championship this year were comical (he might blend in with defense?). To be honest, I think this is Benfica president's desperate attempt to sell his player through the media.

I wonder what your motives are in posting these comments.

IF the player comes to Fulham we need to give him a chance.

People  on here said that Babel was now rubbish, but he  made a big difference up front for us against Spurs, and he isn't even fully match fit.

The problem is so many players have arrived in recent times only to be sussed out in no time at all.

The more polite among us and maybe those who haven't a clue will say " oh dear, he tries but isn't really up to it" while others will say "he's cr@p and another waste of money!

Either way there's a pattern that keeps being repeated and as you say, we can "give him a chance" but we keep getting stuck with failures!

DevonFFC

Manchester United could let Antonio Valencia leave in transfer next week with Newcastle and Fulham keen

Riversider

Scott Dann from Palace in place of Cahill

DevonFFC

Quote from: Riversider on January 27, 2019, 08:03:09 AM

We take Dann so they can sign Cahill. Not sure who wins in this?

bigalffc

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 27, 2019, 08:38:03 AM
Quote from: Riversider on January 27, 2019, 08:03:09 AM

We take Dann so they can sign Cahill. Not sure who wins in this?
Clearly palace think they do
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Riversider

Southampton in for James Tavernier, a right back from Glasgow Rangers,
This is a player ive mentioned many times on here, but got laughed out of court because he cant be any good because he plays in Scotland !
He is a very, very good player, and also an expert penalty taker, he would be a huge upgrade on Christie and we should be in for him,
Tavernier, Dann and Mawson would at last give us something to build on.

ScalleysDad

If we try a little pragmatism here I would suggest that unless there is a player who is ready to fill a need and is ready to go on Tuesday night we are wasting our time now. For any last minute signing Palace away will be a tough debut then it's Man United. If we look at the usual course of events in that a player won't be match fit and will need to settle we are probably looking at the six pointer away to Southampton for a first ninety minutes. The door may well have slammed shut by then bearing in mind the March fixtures. CR and his team have had the enforced break to set out a plan and rehearse it to death. The current rabble need to stand up, put all the pettiness to one side and start putting in 100% for the duration of the game. I have to say that should we get beaten on Tuesday night I would be locking Mitrovic in a cupboard until Friday. He may not be scoring goals for us at the moment but he is by far the only squad member who would be on somebody else's radar.

howitis

Dann was a very good player for Palace and chipped in with some important goals. A brave defender who at his best would be an asset. Sadly he did his cruciate about 18 months ago and has struggled since. At 31 its certainly not age that is against him, more about his fitness.
It would concern me that palace would see swapping 33 year old Cahill as an upgrade on 31 year old Dann when he has 2 years left on his contract.
It would be interesting to know whether we made Cahill aware of our interest back in Nov/Dec. We clearly has defence issues and our predicament was not as bad. If we did and he has still stalled  for all this time then he is not for us. If however we left it until 2nd week in Jan to make the approach then the management only have themselves to blame.

filham

Quote from: howitis on January 27, 2019, 12:25:37 PM
Dann was a very good player for Palace and chipped in with some important goals. A brave defender who at his best would be an asset. Sadly he did his cruciate about 18 months ago and has struggled since. At 31 its certainly not age that is against him, more about his fitness.
It would concern me that palace would see swapping 33 year old Cahill as an upgrade on 31 year old Dann when he has 2 years left on his contract.
It would be interesting to know whether we made Cahill aware of our interest back in Nov/Dec. We clearly has defence issues and our predicament was not as bad. If we did and he has still stalled  for all this time then he is not for us. If however we left it until 2nd week in Jan to make the approach then the management only have themselves to blame.

Fully agree the Cahill mater should have been sorted one way or the other right at the beginning of the window.
We new he wanted to be away from Chelsea and we new we needed him, what on earth stopped us getting a yes or no from him.

sarnian

Probably his agent playing hardball. Most players and agents are going to hold out till the end of the window to get the best deal. That's why so few deals have been done, we are not the only club having trouble signing players as Sean Dyche said yesterday

ScalleysDad

It's not like any of the squad need a distraction or two at the moment but having just read Sunday Fulham Stuff a thought occurred to me. If the transfer gossip is clearly stating Fulham are looking for a right sided defender or a left sided midfielder the impact on the current incumbent could be devasting. We have often highlighted how the midfield fails to support the defence. Therefore if I am part of that defensive unit getting criticised for exhaling I am going to be looking at my midfield colleagues with a degree of hostility.

Nero

Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 27, 2019, 01:57:10 PM
It's not like any of the squad need a distraction or two at the moment but having just read Sunday Fulham Stuff a thought occurred to me. If the transfer gossip is clearly stating Fulham are looking for a right sided defender or a left sided midfielder the impact on the current incumbent could be devasting. We have often highlighted how the midfield fails to support the defence. Therefore if I am part of that defensive unit getting criticised for exhaling I am going to be looking at my midfield colleagues with a degree of hostility.

what could happen, we suddenly start losing games!!!

Matt10

Dann and Valencia. I'd be happy with those two alone. Then we can move on. Worst case scenario just Dann since I expect high price for Valencia.

DevonFFC

Report: Newcastle and Fulham in race to sign Michael Ngadeu Ngadjui #nufc #ffc #ccfc #newcastleunitedfc #fulhamfc

St. Andrews White

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 27, 2019, 02:23:18 PM
Report: Newcastle and Fulham in race to sign Michael Ngadeu Ngadjui #nufc #ffc #ccfc #newcastleunitedfc #fulhamfc
Who?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.