watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LVBPTS

Batshuyai wasn't prolific with a much better squad at Chelsea or Dortmund so not sure he's going to set the world alight at palace

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Supporter since 2000

JoelH5

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 31, 2019, 10:20:31 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on January 31, 2019, 10:18:06 PM
With Batshuyai going to palace, I think it's between us, Cardiff and Southampton for 18/19th

Surely one of the three teams have to finish 17?

Also, when did Michy B become a world beater?

Yes, us
I was there, standing in the Putney end

The Enclosurite

Quote from: LVBP on January 31, 2019, 10:20:44 PM
Batshuyai wasn't prolific with a much better squad at Chelsea or Dortmund so not sure he's going to set the world alight at palace

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Sky having a proper love in about him at the moment.  Slow day lol.
¡COYW!

S.F.Sorrow

Nordtveit was decent at Borussia M but absolutely horrible at West Ham. He's been injured most of this season so probably not match fit. Not even sure if he's still injured (transfermarkt says expected return Feb 1). And probably not even close to PL quality IMO. Very dissapointing if this is our only transfer business.

rvFFC

Supposedly we were offered Batshuayi by Chelsea but turned him down

ScalleysDad

Quote from: The Enclosurite on January 31, 2019, 10:15:20 PM
Quote from: davew on January 31, 2019, 10:10:14 PM
Quote from: The Enclosurite on January 31, 2019, 10:08:28 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on January 31, 2019, 10:05:50 PM
"His scouting profile and his data profile are both excellent, and he arrives with the support of our Manager.

Boxes ticked
Exactly what we need then, should fit in well in the rehabilitation centre!

First stat that jumped out on me when I looked at Transfermarkt was the amount of injuries he's had recently!

Fractured ankle just before Christmas and a current shinbone injury due back Feb 1st.  Not played since November.

So following the usual route he will need to be training hard to get match fit, then he has to integrate into the squad and then he has to  fit into the jigsaw. All things considered his debut will be marking Salah. No problem then.

Why, Babel aside, do we do this to ourselves. Palace, Cardiff, Newcastle and even Huddersfield have newbies who could be starting on Saturday. 

One James stannard

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on January 31, 2019, 10:24:56 PM

I really hope that isn't correct, he will score a fair few for palace if the deal goes through

davew

Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 31, 2019, 10:25:58 PM
"His scouting profile and his data profile are both excellent, and he arrives with the support of our Manager.

Boxes ticked

First stat that jumped out on me when I looked at Transfermarkt was the amount of injuries he's had recently!

Fractured ankle just before Christmas and a current shinbone injury due back Feb 1st.  Not played since November.

So following the usual route he will need to be training hard to get match fit, then he has to integrate into the squad and then he has fit into the jigsaw. All things considered his debut will be marking Salah. No problem then.

Why, Babel aside, do we do this to ourselves. Palace, Cardiff, Newcastle and even Huddersfield have newbies who could be starting on Saturday. 
Good question!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

FFC1987

The guy that is mainly remembered for being an internet meme of kicking the ball into his own face and not really having a decent goal scoring record in teams you'll get service with. I'm not convinced by this and think Benteke (yeh I said it) is better....watch him score for fun now.....

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 31, 2019, 10:25:58 PM

Boxes ticked

So following the usual route he will need to be training hard to get match fit, then he has to integrate into the squad and then he has fit into the jigsaw. All things considered his debut will be marking Salah. No problem then.

Panic buy?
As we failed with others.

bigalffc

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on January 31, 2019, 10:22:34 PM
Nordtveit was decent at Borussia M but absolutely horrible at West Ham. He's been injured most of this season so probably not match fit. Not even sure if he's still injured (transfermarkt says expected return Feb 1). And probably not even close to PL quality IMO. Very dissapointing if this is our only transfer business.
I for one will give him a chance, I look forward to supporting him and hope he can help us in our battle to avoid relegation. Welcome to our club Harvard  049:gif
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

BestOfBrede

Who had heard of Brede when he signed?
I bet most moaned about that signing also!

Sting of the North

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 31, 2019, 10:28:40 PM

Most moan about most signings, the same for Babel.

DevonFFC

Quote from: One James stannard on January 31, 2019, 10:26:38 PM
Quote from: SuperFulham323 on January 31, 2019, 10:24:56 PM

I really hope that isn't correct, he will score a fair few for palace if the deal goes through

Terms yet to be agreed, he wants a larger salary than was on offer and only a loan, Chelsea want to sell but Palace don't want that. It's a gamble for palace as they are not safe yet and £160k p/w on the books is a big wage. Coupled with the fact Zaha will get upset if he isn't being earner at the club

OMalleyCat

So either Sabaly or Ngadeu-Ngadjui to come.

JoelH5

And Babel last week, now he's the second coming
I was there, standing in the Putney end

davew

I had heard of you before him Brede! How are you m8?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Tabby

Brede reckons Nordveit would be an upgrade on Odoi speaking of.

But the problem is that what is known about him is that he had an awful season for West Ham. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Mince n Tatties

Zach Clough to Rochdale, how his promising career has gone downhill last couple of seasons.

DevonFFC

1 more in and Tony Khan has delivered on his "MULTIPLE" signings promise. I hope everyone who doubted him writes an apology