Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

Quote from: davew on January 31, 2019, 10:30:42 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 31, 2019, 10:28:40 PM
Who had heard of Brede when he signed?
I bet most moaned about that signing also!
I had heard of you before him Brede! How are you m8?
Ok thanks Dave, you?
I still haven't moved onto Gin as yet - cant get off the Vodka!
Keep smiling, I think we will be fine

ScalleysDad

Its not a moan as in a proper moan. He might be good for us next season, wherever we may be, but with his recent history and his immediate unavailability the question I have is why a CD when we have gaps needing to be bolstered behind and to the side of that position.

brightster

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 31, 2019, 10:32:21 PM
Zach Clough to Rochdale, how his promising career has gone downhill last couple of seasons.

I remember people on hear moaning a couple of years back that we didn't sign him, around the same time as Bogle or someone like that!

JoelH5

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 31, 2019, 10:33:37 PM
1 more in and Tony Khan has delivered on his "MULTIPLE" signings promise. I hope everyone who doubted him writes an apology

He's signed two so he already has
I was there, standing in the Putney end

DevonFFC

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 31, 2019, 10:35:18 PM
1 more in and Tony Khan has delivered on his "MULTIPLE" signings promise. I hope everyone who doubted him writes an apology

He's signed two so he already has

Thought most people said it had to be three as two would be giving his the benefit of the doubt

davew

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 31, 2019, 10:34:25 PM
Quote from: davew on January 31, 2019, 10:30:42 PM
I had heard of you before him Brede! How are you m8?
Ok thanks Dave, you?
I still haven't moved onto Gin as yet - cant get off the Vodka!
Keep smiling, I think we will be fine
(LOL) Fine thanks, stick to the vodka, you might end up like me and I wouldn't wish that on anybody!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

OMalleyCat

Just reading on Twitter the Slavia chairman has pretty much confirmed the Ngadeu deal.

Bring on the one they call 'the Tank!'

Steeeeeeeeeed

Sky Sport News is on YouTube for everyone to watch covering the end of deadline day.

https://youtu.be/qnmoREAq4Hw

Nothing on BBC, etc.

davew

Not convinced we have done any business to improve our chances of survival, Newcastle well done to them think they will be ok! Palace also maybe found a way to improve their chances of staying up, won't mention Cardiff (for obvious sad reasons), Huddersfield down, need to check the latest news on our other rivals Burnley and Southampton.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

rusty shackleford

Journo at CC just tweeted a thumbs up about 1 more signing and in her notes i believe you could see her spelling out the pronounciation of the cameroonians name

ScalleysDad

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 31, 2019, 10:30:41 PM

And Babel last week, now he's the second coming

Not quite yet. The view from the frontline that was discussed at length had Babel lasting a couple of games at best after a rather indifferent season. For most people he had disappeared off the radar but people on here who had watched him all expressed doubts. Two games in and he is not looking too bad but Palace will be a tester and then I suspect he will discussed some more.

Milo

I'm in disbelief at what I've just read on the BBC transfer update page:

Tim Long: "Manchester United should recall Fosu Mensah to cover in midfield. Never got a chance in his best position, still only 21, excelled in academy, adds energy & bite, would benefit from Solskjaer touch, & will not get any mins at Fulham under Ranieri. No brainer."

No brainer? Tim ... I don't know where to start with this text.

Bassey the warrior

I really hope we get Sabaly as well, but looks unlikely.

Tabby

Quote from: Milo on January 31, 2019, 10:43:28 PM

Tim Long: "Manchester United should recall Fosu Mensah to cover in midfield. Never got a chance in his best position, still only 21, excelled in academy, adds energy & bite, would benefit from Solskjaer touch, & will not get any mins at Fulham under Ranieri. No brainer."

I don't see why they'd keep him here. Surely his wages can't be that high.

Bassey the warrior

Just say great idea.

HV71

Surely everyone has worked out that this gentleman does not have a brain

Nero

At least we know why hes crap, we've played him out of position ar RB

Jeroen

So what's happening with Cahill?!?!?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Nero on January 31, 2019, 10:47:47 PM

And noone knew Chambers would be a good CDM...until Scott Parker threw him there.

I've lost my faith in TFM though.    He had the physical tools to own the RB spot...but he was too inconsistent.

He's to Ngadeu-Ngadjui  hopefully signing.   I'd immediately slot him ahead of both Odoi and Ream...and try to build a partnership between him and MLM in a back 4.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 31, 2019, 10:53:00 PM
Quote from: Nero on January 31, 2019, 10:47:47 PM

And noone knew Chambers would be a good CDM...until Scott Parker threw him there.

I've lost my faith in TFM though.    He had the physical tools to own the RB spot...but he was too inconsistent.

He's to Ngadeu-Ngadjui  hopefully signing.   I'd immediately slot him ahead of both Odoi and Ream...and try to build a partnership between him and MLM in a back 4.
Nortveit? Moving from Czech league could be a big change.