more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (31/01/19)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 31, 2019, 08:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Manchester United youngster knocks back late offer to move elsewhere in January

On Wednesday we covered claims from Italy that Lazio were showing an interest in Timothy Fosu-Mensah.

The 21 year old was loaned to Fulham for the whole season, but he's not been getting games recently and a move elsewhere would make some sense in terms of trying to get more miunutes.

Much more prominent under previous manager Slaviša Jokanović, the Dutchman hasn't been in the core plans of Claudio Ranieri, hence the rumours Manchester United could find their player somewhere else to play for the rest of the season.

Sport Witness were informed on Wednesday that, as things stood at that time, a move was unlikely.

Things can change, and Fosu-Mensah still has time to switch, but TMW say it won't be to Lazio. The Italian website report the youngster has knocked back the chance of joining the Serie A club this week.

It's claimed a proposal was made, and rejected by the player. Unless he has something else lined up, or any assurance of more games at Fulham, it doesn't make a great deal of sense.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/manchester-united-youngster-knocks-back-late-offer-move-elsewhere-january/

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham set to sign Bordeaux's Youssouf Sabaly today

Ligue 1 flyer Sabaly is reportedly set to become Fulham's new Premier League right-back.

Fulham appear set to bring an end to their search for a new right-back on transfer deadline day with Youssouf Sabaly apparently edging closer to a late move to Craven Cottage, according to Love Sport Radio.

Sabaly is currently plying his trade in France with Bordeaux but Fulham manager Claudio Ranieri has identified him as a solution to a problem position on the right hand side of defence.

The speedy Senegal international, who impressed with his direct style at the World Cup in Russia, has started just nine Ligue 1 games for Bordeaux this season.

And Love Sport Radio believes that Fulham are arranging transport to bring Sabaly over to West London, where he is expected to put pen to paper with the relegation-threatened Premier League side.

Fulham have been linked with Sabaly since the first week of the January transfer window, when L'Equipe claimed that they had entered initial talks.

And it seems that this transfer saga is set to have a happy ending. Sabaly's arrival should see him compete with Republic of Ireland international Cyrus Christie for a place in Ranieri's starting XI.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/31/report-fulham-set-to-sign-bordeauxs-youssouf-sabaly-today/

WhiteJC

Despite month-long interest, Fulham won't be getting Ligue 1 full-back in January

Much like last August's deadline day, Fulham are a bit all over the place in Europe trying to get deals done as they attempt to avoid relegation.

Already in talks to sign Michael Ngadeu-Ngadjui from Slavia Prague, the Cottagers have continuously tried to sign Youssouf Sabaly from Bordeaux in France.

The news was first reported early on in the transfer window after they sent a 'first offer', and while talk died down a fair bit since, Fulham's interest didn't disappear.

According to L'Equipe journalist Emery Taisne, the Premier League club have, up until very recently, still tried to get a deal over the line, but the Ligue 1 side are standing firm.

Much like last August's deadline day, Fulham are a bit all over the place in Europe trying to get deals done as they attempt to avoid relegation.

Already in talks to sign Michael Ngadeu-Ngadjui from Slavia Prague, the Cottagers have continuously tried to sign Youssouf Sabaly from Bordeaux in France.

The news was first reported early on in the transfer window after they sent a 'first offer', and while talk died down a fair bit since, Fulham's interest didn't disappear.

According to L'Equipe journalist Emery Taisne, the Premier League club have, up until very recently, still tried to get a deal over the line, but the Ligue 1 side are standing firm.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/despite-month-long-interest-fulham-wont-getting-ligue-1-full-back-january/

WhiteJC

Gary Cahill makes decision on Chelsea future amid Arsenal, Fulham and Juventus interest

The ex-Villa centre-back has been linked with an exit from Stamford Bridge during the January transfer window

Former Aston Villa star Gary Cahill is expected to remain at Chelsea.

The ex-Villa centre-back has been linked with an exit from Stamford Bridge during the January transfer window.

But the defender will reportedly remain at the west London club until his contract expires.

The England international will sit out his contract at the Bridge, reports say.

It comes after he rejected the chance to join Fulham on a temporary basis.

The Cottagers had been interested in taking the towering defender on loan.

But Claudio Ranieri's advances have been rebuffed by the former Bolton Wanderers man.

Cahill will stay at Chelsea unless he changes his mind on deadline day.

The London side wanted to get Cahill off their books during the January window.

Cahill rejected a move across the capital, while Arsenal and Juventus were both linked.

Cahill, 33, last appeared for Maurizio Sarri's men against Greek side PAOK in November.

Chances for appearances remain scarce for the former Villa Park favourite.

But the return of the Europa League could deal him with a rare outing.

They play Malmo twice in February amid a challenging run of fixtures.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gary-cahill-makes-decision-chelsea-15760175

WhiteJC

Fulham wrapping up a quick deal for this Crystal Palace outcast could probably save their season

Why signing Scott Dann will be a shrewd piece of business by Claudio Ranieri

The Sun are reporting that English veteran defender Scott Dann is attracting interest from across the capital by a relegation-stricken Fulham side desperately attempting to lure defenders to Craven Cottage.

Fulham's season is going from bad to worse. Even with a supremely talented group of players like this, they've been unable to make any sort of impact on the English game.

Players like Luciano Vietto, Jean Michael Seri and Ryan Sessengon were sought-after players in the summer but Fulham have managed something amazing by bringing this group of players together.

But it was expected that they'd be able to at least steer well clear of the relegation zone with a squad of such quality and experience, and possibly fight for a place in the top-half of the table.

But things haven't gone to plan at all as they are currently languishing in 19th place and are already a whole 7 points away from getting out of the relegation zone.

Considering that there are only 14 games left to play in this season, this is going to be an uphill task for Ranieri's men, who haven't exactly been scoring goals for fun either.

They have only managed to 25 goals all campaign, which is extremely worrying considering all the attacking wealth available at Ranieri's disposal.

While this would be a glaring issue at most clubs, Fulham's problems lie deeper than this. With 24 games gone, they have somehow managed to concede 53 goals already.

The addition of a strong battle-hardened veteran defender will certainly help this Fulham side fight to stay in the Premier League. As suggested by the Sun, Crystal Palace outcast Scott Dann could be the perfect candidate.

He has the experience of playing in the top-flight for many years and has even captained the Palace side over the years. His leadership and strong voice will boost Fulham's defensive quality and structure.

Having played no league games this season, Dann might be eager to move away from Selhurst Park so that he can exhibit his excellent defensive positioning. His work rate and intelligence are very impressive too.

He could be an ideal fit for Ranieri's men who are in serious need of defensive reinforcements. In Dann, they would be getting defensive quality as well as someone who has been through it all, making this a possibly season-changing signing for Fulham.

https://soccersouls.com/2019/01/31/fulham-wrapping-up-a-quick-deal-for-this-crystal-palace-outcast-could-probably-save-their-season/

WhiteJC

Fulham in talks to sign Cameroon defender Michael Ngadeu-Ngadjui on transfer deadline day

Latest Fulham transfer news includes a massive update on the future of Michael Ngadeu-Ngadjui

Fulham are closing in on their second signing of the January transfer window.

Former Liverpool winger Ryan Babel was the first arrival at Craven Cottage earlier in the month and he could soon be joined by defender Michael Ngadeu-Ngadjui before the 11pm deadline.

The 28-year-old's club Slavia Prague took to Twitter this afternoon and confirmed the Cameroon international is travelling to London for negotiations with the west London outfit.

'Slavia gave Michael Ngadeu-Ngadjui permission to travel to London for negotiations with Premier League side Fulham,' the post reads.

It's unclear as to whether this is a loan or permanent transfer, but manager Claudio Ranieri is sure to be quizzed about the situation at his pre-Crystal Palace press conference today.

Now there's a race against the clock for the Cottagers to get this deal done and get him registered in time to face the Eagles at Selhurst Parkon Saturday afternoon.

If completed today Ngadeu-Ngadjui will add depth to Ranieri's defensive options which includes Tim Ream, Denis Odoi and Alfie Mawson.

As Fulham have the worst defensive record in the division, it's no surprise the Italian tactician has opted to address this area.

Furthermore, Ngadeu-Ngadjui can also operate in central midfield so he could provide cover to the likes of Calum Chambers, Jean Seri and Tom Cairney for the remainder of the season.

Ngadeu-Ngadjui has made 24 appearances across all competitions for Slavia so far this season, including featuring in all six Europa League group phase matches.

Impressing in Europe with 2.3 tackles and 2.7 interceptions per game, and looks set to arrive at Fulham in a bid to help boost their defensive issues.

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/fulham-talks-sign-cameroon-defender-15760360

WhiteJC

Fulham in talks to sign Michael Ngadeu-Ngadjui

Fulham are in talks with Slavia Prague defender Michael Ngadeu-Ngadjui over a proposed move to Craven Cottage, Sky Sports News understands.

Ngadeu-Ngadjui plays for Slavia Prague in the Czech Republic and can operate in either central defence or as a defensive midfielder.

Slavia Prague gave him permission to travel to London for negotiations with Fulham, the Czech club said on their official Twitter account on Thursday.

The 28-year-old was selected as Cameroon captain by manager Clarence Seedorf in September 2018.

Meanwhile, Fulham forward Aboubakar Kamara is closing in on a move to Turkish side Yeni Malatyaspor, Sky Sports News understands.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11623525/fulham-in-talks-to-sign-michael-ngadeu-ngadjui

WhiteJC

Palace set to miss out Michael Ngadeu as Fulham activate clause

Crystal Palace are set to miss out on defender Michael Ngadeu, with the Cameroonian set to travel to Fulham for talks.

Fulham have activated the release clause of the defender, meaning the defender is set to travel from Slavia Prague to London for talks with Claudio Ranieri's side.

Palace had emerged as a potential destination for the defender, with the Eagles battling Fulham and Cardiff for the player's signature.

Sporting director of Slavia Prague, Jan Nezmar said in a statement that negotiations were still underway with Fulham about a deal, with the player set to travel to London for talks.

The player has been granted permission to travel to London, where negotiations about his contract will take place. At the same time, negotiations are also taking place between the two clubs. The transfer deadline in England ends on Thursday at midnight, until then the transfer must be closed or not closed.

Ngadeu, who has recently been named the captain of Cameroon, has impressed in the Czech league and has made 63 appearances for Slavia.

The defender has also notched seven goals during his time in the Czech Republic, also notching a rare hat-trick for Slavia Prague.

https://readcrystalpalace.com/2019/01/31/palace-set-to-miss-out-michael-ngadeu-as-fulham-activate-clause/

WhiteJC

James McArthur: We can win Fulham game without Palace talisman Zaha

James McArthur has every confidence Crystal Palace can cope with the absence of Wilfried Zaha for tomorrow's home game against Fulham.

The Eagles had not won a match without the Ivory Coast international in two years until a 1-0 victory over Leicester in December.

Zaha sits out this weekend's derby after a lack of discipline saw him earn a second booking for sarcastically applauding referee Andre Marriner in Wednesday night's 1-1 draw at Southampton.

Further punishment could follow as he did not leave the field of play quickly.

"We believe we can win any game, no matter who is playing," said McArthur.
"He is obviously a big miss.

"He is one of our best players in the team and we will miss him.

But we have got players in the squad that hopefully are ready to go and take their chance."

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/james-mcarthur-we-can-win-fulham-game-without-palace-talisman-zaha/

WhiteJC

Magnus Norman Recalled By Fulham

Fulham have recalled goalkeeper Magnus Norman from his loan spell at Rochdale.

An injury to another of the Premier League side's goalkeepers has forced his parent club to cut short the loan.

Norman joined on loan in August, a deal which was extended until the end of the season earlier this month.

The 22-year-old made 12 appearances during his time at the Crown Oil Arena.

The Club would like to thank to Magnus for his efforts during his time with Dale and wish him all the best for the future.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/january/magnusnorman_recalledbyfulham/

WhiteJC

Adebayo & Davies Depart

The Club can confirm that Elijah Adebayo and Aron Davies have left on loan until the end of the season, joining Stevenage and Maidstone United respectively.

Adebayo joins the League 2 side having returned from his previous loan spell at Swindon Town. The forward has netted in two of the three games he has featured in for the Under-23s since his return.

Davies has been an ever present in Mark Pembridge's PL2 team this season having captained the side in all but one fixtures this season. The defender has notched up three goals in this campaign against Manchester United, Stoke and Southampton Under-23s. Maidstone sit one from bottom in the Conference.

Finally, Magnus Norman has been recalled from his loan spell at Rochdale.

Good luck for the rest of the season, lads!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/january/31/davies-and-adebayo-depart

WhiteJC

Claudio Ranieri transcript: Every word on transfers, the performance vs Brighton & Crystal Palace

The manager has been speaking to the press ahead of his side's trip to Selhurst Park on Saturday

Tuesday night a massive moment - players coming in with more belief?

You saw them very strong? I hope! It was a very good moment for us but I think after 2-0 down they reacted very well with the strength and positive confidence but I repeat it was important to score at the start of the second half.

They continued the battle and we finished well. It's finished and we must think about a new match and another London derby.

It's a good team, fantastic manager, Roy is unbelievable, we must be very concentrated.

Surely tap into that performance?

If we continue in this way the battle is good because it's very tough, but if we continue to play that well it's much better for us.

We have a chance to survive but I want to see next match and after, the next match and the next match. One half is not enough for me, I am confident with my players but we must forget what happened.

If we think about the last match play against Palace the same it's not good.

Wilfried Zaha sending off

Zaha is very good but Palace have other good players and Roy can choose his line up very well.

There are so many good players there, it's not only Zaha. He's one of the best players but it is not only Zaha.

Six pointer game?

It's crucial for us. Every match is crucial, it's a battle and we must show our best to stay together and play with the right discipline and score goals without conceding.

Need new players?

Yes of course. I am confident. In the last market on the last day five players arrive, if we have a chance we'll arrive some good players.

Negotiations ongoing?

The club is working hard until 11pm tonight and something good can happen. If it happens, much better, if it doesn't, we stay stronger together and continue to fight.

Where are you strengthening?

The group needs some good players

Michael Ngadeu-Ngadjui?

I don't know, you tell me. London is a big place.

Aboubakar Kamara in Turkey

I know there is negotiations with our club and the club in Turkey, but I also told the club if Abou comes back I am happy. He's a good player, he must stay a little quiet but is a good player.

Good players that are negative influence?

If he comes back he understood the actions and must improve his attitude.

Think there will business done?

I hope. I know we are working hard and I hope something could happen and I am positive.

Not won away from home yet?

Stats are fantastic because you can see behind you and say come on, wake up and try to improve the statistic. The right stat is at the end of the season.

Without our last victory it's important to show another good match.

4-2 victory being a key moment - how you can keep that momentum going?

I saw something good but also I said okay, every time I tell you to clean your mind because every game is different.

I said keep your confidence high but clean the euphoria, it's not a good thing to have your heads in the clouds, stay with your feet on the ground.

Mitrovic's importance after signing last January?

I think Fulham is in Premier League it's because everyone worked so hard, but Mitrovic scored goals and without them you can't achieve. Mitrovic was important last season and is important for the rest of the season, for us and his team mates because when Mitrovic is on the pitch you feel maybe he can score or do something good.

Taken to his captaincy role?

The captain is always Cairney, when he doesn't play it's Mitrovic because I think he's a leader and can bring strength and mind and influence to his team mates.

Changed to a back four against Brighton

I love the players that understand when I change systems. In all my teams I try to do this and sometimes the player responds well and sometimes not.

Fortunately, they were used to playing four at the back, when I saw we didn't move well with five at the back I change for this reason, not because Ream had any blame, no, just because I need more.

We start better and the second half was better.

Mitrovic's partnership with Babel

I think Ryan gave us experience, he's a good teacher on the pitch, he speaks a lot on the pitch, give the ball, pass the ball, stay calm, that's important for the team and the group..

Of course it's important for him to have a very good partner, but also the crosses we made are important because when I arrive I said we have to put balls into the box because Mitrovic is very good in the air.

London derby - said that it's hard to win the league because of those derbies

I heard this a long time ago. It's a London derby but there is a different rivalry between the teams. Maybe it's not so close between Fulham and Palace, between Arsenal and Spurs is very close.

It's not the same.

Would Zaha be more protected in other countries

Once I said to an international referee, when you play in the CL you play different, but this is English style.

In every country there is their style.

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/claudio-ranieri-transcript-every-word-15760653

WhiteJC

Reece Oxford deal should give Fulham chance to sign Martin Hinteregger

The Austrian has been linked with a move to Fulham this deadline day.

It appears that Reece Oxford has his next destination. As reported by Sky Sports, the West Ham United defender is set to join the Bundesliga side on loan until the end of the season.

The talented youngster has struggled for first-team football at West Ham recently and is now set to return to the Bundesliga, where he previously played with Borussia Monchengladbach.

This transfer could also be good news for Fulham.

The Cottagers need to bring in a new defender to help shore up what has been the leakiest defence in the Premier League this season.

One name that has emerged as a potential transfer target is that of Martin Hinteregger.

The Austrian, according to Fussball Transfers, is wanted by Fulham and is valued at around £8 million.

The report suggests he has fallen out with the hierarchy at the German club and is now open to an exit.

With Oxford seemingly on his way to Augsburg, it leaves the club overstocked at the back. Fulham can now take full advantage, should they wish, and bring the 26-year-old to Craven Cottage.

https://tbrfootball.com/reece-oxford-deal-should-give-fulham-chance-to-sign-martin-hinteregger/

WhiteJC

Fulham in talks with Cameroon captain Michael Ngadeu-Ngadjui as Slavia Prague grant permission for defender to fly to London for negotiations

Fulham in talks with versatile defensive player Michael Ngadeu-Ngadjui 
    Cameroon captain is target for Cottagers who are aiming for survival
    Slavia Prague gave 28-year-old permission to travel for negotiations

Fulham are in talks with Cameroon captain Michael Ngadeu-Ngadjui over a proposed move to Craven Cottage.

Ngadeu-Ngadjui, 28, plays for Slavia Prague in the Czech Republic and can operate in either central defence or as a defensive midfielder.

'Slavia gave Michael Ngadeu-Ngadjui permission to travel to London for negotiations with @premierleague side @FulhamFC,' the Czech club said on their official Twitter account.

Michael Ngadeu-Ngadjui has starred for Slavia Prague so far this season in the Czech Republic

In September last year he was chosen by Cameroon boss Clarence Seedorf to be captain of his country.

Ngadeu-Ngadjui has been outstanding for his club so far this season and helped lead them to the top of the division.

Fulham have conceded more goals than any other team in the Premier League and would hope the Cameroon star could sure things up at the back for Claudio Ranieri's side.

The 28-year-old Cameroon captain is currently in talks with Fulham over a deal

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6653553/Fulham-talks-Cameroon-captain-Michael-Ngadeu-Ngadjui.html

fulhamben

Hintergerr just signed for somome else
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

WhiteJC

The Palace Preview: Fulham

Crystal Palace will play host to league strugglers Fulham at Selhurst Park this Saturday, looking to capitalise on their recent form to pick up three points in their drive to push up the table.

The Eagles have won three of their past six matches, drawing one and losing two whilst the Cottagers will be inspired by a recent comeback victory over Brighton and Hove Albion; a game they won 4-2 having been 2-0 down at half-time.

However, aside from that match, the west London side have only won one of their last 11 fixtures, losing four from their last five in all competitions.

Despite spending over £100m in transfers this season, Fulham have struggled to gel as a team and, even with Premier League winning manager Claudio Ranieri at the helm, currently sit 19th in the league.

Their most evident weakness lies in defence, as Ranieri's backline has leaked 53 goals from just 24 games, the most conceded by any club in Europe's top five leagues and far more than they saw hit their net from almost double the number of matches - 46 - in the entirety of last year's Championship campaign.

They have, however, scored in every one of their recent fixtures since a 0-0 draw with Newcastle United on December 22: a total of seven matches.

Eagles fans will be encouraged by their season's opener, a 2-0 win at Craven Cottage over Fulham, in which Jeffrey Schlupp and Wilfried Zaha netted one each to secure Palace's first three points of the campaign.

For the reverse of this clash, though, the Eagles will be without Zaha, who is serving a one-match ban having been sent off in Palace's recent draw with Southampton, a game in which he scored the south Londoners' only goal.

Palace fans will want to watch out for Ryan Babel, who signed for Fulham from Beşiktaş this transfer window and has performed well from both of his games so far. The Dutchman assisted twice against Brighton and looks to have been an assured signing for the club.

Aleksandar Mitrovic has also stood out lately, scoring twice against the Seagulls and netting 10 times so far this season.

And outside the parameters of Selhurst Park, make sure to keep an eye on Newcastle United's clash with Tottenham Hotspur. The Magpies pulled out a shock win over Manchester City on Tuesday night and so overtook the Eagles in the table.

Away from the pitch, around 70 Palace and Fulham fans will be walking from Craven Cottage to Selhurst Park to raise awareness of mental health issues and male suicide rates. The walk is open for anyone to join as the two clubs unite behind an important cause.

Tactical overview

Due to their defensive frailties, Fulham have been fielding a back five lately, though this approach has been in vain as they haven't kept a clean sheet since the end of December.

When they switched to a back four against Brighton, they were able to stage a remarkable comeback and netted four times.

Team news

Roy Hodgson's squad is largely fit, though James Tomkins was substituted atypically early in Palace's draw with Southampton. Return here following Hodgson's pre-match press conference tomorrow at 13.30 for full team news.

For Ranieri, most Fulham players will be available for selection, however Joe Bryan will need to be assessed and Alfie Mawson and Zambo Anguissa are both ruled out.

Live coverage

This game is not being shown live on TV in the United Kingdom, however you can listen to full commentary of it for just £1.49 via Palace Audio. Click here to find out more.

For fans in the US, the match will be shown on NBC Sports Gold and for all fans living abroad elsewhere, check out our Worldwide TV listings to see where you can enjoy the game.

Alternatively, if living abroad, why not find out if there is an Official Supporters' Club meeting near you?

Tickets are still available for this clash, though there is a limited amount left. To purchase your place amongst the Selhurst Park crowd, click here now.

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/the-palace-preview-fulham/

WhiteJC

Fulham's ambitious move for this Bundesliga star would be a brilliant decision by Ranieri

Why Fulham should go all out to sign Dortmund outcast Omer Toprak

Fulham showed fantastic fighting spirit following a remarkable comeback from two goals down to win 4-2 against Brighton at Craven Cottage on Tuesday. But the manner in which they conceded twice to Brighton should have infuriated manager Claudio Ranieri despite the big win.

Glenn Murray made the most of Fulham's defensive frailties and gave Brighton a two-goal lead before Chris Hughton's side fell apart in the second half. Fulham gave a display of their grit and character to come back and earn all three points. However, they once again failed to keep a clean-sheet that Ranieri is desperately looking for.

The Cottagers have conceded 53 goals this season – more than any other Premier League side this season. They have signed just Ryan Babel in the January transfer market, although Ranieri clearly needs defensive reinforcements to save the club from sinking.

Despite beating Brighton, Fulham are still seven points adrift of safety in the Premier League. Things need to change quickly at the Craven Cottage and Ranieri must make an attempt to sign Borussia Dortmund outcast Omer Toprak before the transfer deadline.

Omer Toprak, 29, has managed just eight appearances for Dortmund across all competitions this season as Lucien Favre has preferred the partnership of Abdou Diallo and Manuel Akanji in central defence. The best way for the Turkey international to reignite his career will be to seek a move away from Westfalenstadion this month.

Fulham must recruit a fresh face in the defence to improve their poor defensive record in the Premier League this season and Omer Toprak fits the bill perfectly.

The 29-year-old is a strong, athletic and a powerful defender who can play the ball out from the back. Omer Toprak is a physically imposing defender and gets off the ground quickly and times his jump to perfection to win aerial duels.

He has got a good technique for a defender, allowing him to be comfortable with the ball at his feet and initiate attacks from the back.

Not to forget, the Turkey international's vast experience of playing in Europe could come in handy for Fulham. Even if Fulham have to pay over the odds for Toprak, it might be a deal worth pursuing as the 29-year-old is exactly what Ranieri's porous backline needs at the moment.

All in all, the powerful and tenacious Toprak might just be the defender that Fulham need to beat the drop.

https://soccersouls.com/2019/01/31/fulhams-ambitious-move-for-this-bundesliga-star-would-be-a-brilliant-decision-by-ranieri/

WhiteJC

What Claudio Ranieri has said about potential new signings at Fulham on transfer deadline day

Here's what the Fulham boss had to say on new recruits incoming into the side

Claudio Ranieri believes 'something good can happen' for Fulham on transfer deadline day as they chase new signings.

So far this window only Ryan Babel has joined the club's battle against relegation from the Premier League, signing from Besiktas on a six-month contract until the end of the season.

Fulham are desperately trying to sign a new defender before tonight's 11pm deadline, with Slavia Prague's Michael Ngadeu-Ngadjui on his way to London over a potential move to Craven Cottage.

It has been a quiet morning at Motspur Park for the club's recruitment department but they are hopeful of getting in at least one signing before the deadline, while Ranieri himself is also optimistic that Fulham can sign 'some good players' to help him and his team in their battle against relegation from the Premier League.

Here's what he had to say today on transfers.

On new signings

"Yes of course. I am confident. In the last market on the last day five players arrive, if we have a chance we'll arrive some good players.

"The club is working hard until 11pm tonight and something good can happen. If it happens, much better, if it doesn't, we stay stronger together and continue to fight.

"I hope. I know we are working hard and I hope something could happen and I am positive."

On Aboubakar Kamara

"I know there is negotiations with our club and the club in Turkey (Malatyaspor), but I also told the club if Abou comes back I am happy.

"He's a good player, he must stay a little quiet but is a good player."

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/what-claudio-ranieri-said-potential-15760941

WhiteJC

Fulham deny Aboubakar Kamara has joined Turkish club Yeni Malatyaspor

Fulham have denied Aboubakar Kamara has joined Yeni Malatyaspor despite the Turkish side unveiling the striker at a press conference on Thursday.

Kamara flew to Turkey on Wednesday ahead of a loan move and was presented to the media on Thursday.

But Fulham have told Sky Sports News a deal to sign the striker had not been completed before Kamara's unveiling.

The 23-year-old had been suspended by the Cottagers pending internal disciplinary proceedings due to a training ground incident last week.

He was arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm and criminal damage, and the forward has now opted for a fresh start in Turkey, despite interest in the Frenchman from Sky Bet Championship side West Brom.

Kamara helped the west Londoners win promotion through the Championship play-offs last season, having arrived from Amiens in 2017.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11623430/fulham-deny-aboubakar-kamara-has-joined-turkish-club-yeni-malatyaspor

WhiteJC

Keep Believing

It's remarkable how 45 minutes of football can change your whole attitude about things. I'll admit that after the miserable defeat at Burnley that I thought that there was no hope that this squad could drag themselves out of this relegation battle. It's the first time in years were I have genuinely lost hope in our team and it felt awful. My mood didn't change after the Spurs game, despite a decent performance, and at half time against Brighton I was one of the many who considered it season over.

But then something changed. While our defence is still a considerable worry, we showed a bit of fight for the first time in ages. I have said for ages that I thought the turning point in our season was the draw away against Brighton where we were seemingly cruising only to end up with a 2-2 draw, so perhaps it is fitting that a possible comeback could come off the back of us coming from 2-0 down against the same team.

It has been a frustrating January so far in terms of the transfer window, with just one player through the doors of Motspur Park. While the signing of Ryan Babel looks like a very positive one, we all know that it is in defence were we really need personnel. With just a matter of hours left in the window, I'm hoping that our business isn't done yet, but I'm beginning to get a little fearful.

Next up we have a trip to Selhurst Park to take on Roy Hodgson's Palace, and for once we have already had some fortunate news with a Wilfred Zaha red card meaning their star man is unavailable. It's mad to think that they apparently haven't won a Premier League game without him while he has been with them, so hopefully we don't go all Fulhamish and allow them to turn this unwanted record around. I'm gutted that I can make Saturday as Selhurst Park has been on my football to-do lists for some time, but I'll be stuck following from afar because of work. I fully expect the Fulham faithful who are there to be making a real racket, especially after Tuesday night's result. As a fanbase we really can make a difference to what happens on the pitch, and continuing to be behind the boys can help get them over the line.

We still have so much work to do to get us out of this mess, but there have been some positive signs recently. I really hope Ranieri goes with the team that finished on Tuesday night against Palace as we were so much better then than how we started the game. I thought Cairney was sensational, and I hope it puts to bed some of the doubts about his attitude! He was very unfortunate not to score himself, but it was his shot that allowed Vietto to score after it had cannoned off the bar. Shout out to Sergio Rico as well who made an unreal save from a Murray header when the score was 2-2. Chambers, Babel, Mitro and Seri all had great matches in the second half. We have the players who can turn this around, so we need to keep believing.

Great Escape II anyone?

#COYW

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2019/01/keep-believing/