watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Let's get Wagner lined up now

Started by The Old Count, February 02, 2019, 06:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

I'd hoping Brighton sack Hughton and we get him in to be honest.

davew

Quote from: Wingnut on February 02, 2019, 06:16:32 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 02, 2019, 06:10:21 PM
The lad and his brother at Lincoln.

No experience at Championship level.
Then statistically they have never done a bad job!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 02, 2019, 08:13:39 PM
I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

gang

Quote from: davew on February 02, 2019, 08:17:08 PM
Quote from: Wingnut on February 02, 2019, 06:16:32 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 02, 2019, 06:10:21 PM
The lad and his brother at Lincoln.

No experience at Championship level.
Then statistically they have never done a bad job!!

They won't be leaving Lincoln, they consider it to be a project to which they are 100% comitted. The intention is to be in the Championship within 3 years.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on February 02, 2019, 06:31:16 PM
Gary Rowett's free and, at the very least, would absolutely ensure we don't suffer the double relegation some on here are already predicting, as he more than knows his way around the Championship. Might even instil a bit of fight for the rest of this season.

Your joking,hated at Derby and Stoke for boring football, hence dumped by both.

Buffalo76

Quote from: elgreenio on February 02, 2019, 06:51:52 PM
Hughton may be available soon, he'd get us back up I reckon

What makes you think Hughton might be available soon???? I'd happily have him but think he'll be at Brighton for a while yet.

Luka

Player recruitment is the root cause of our predicament not our current or previouse manager.
Hughton knows you cannot polish a turd and he will have offers from other and more talented Football club owners. Why would he want to destroy a decent looking cv with a spell at Fulham under TK ?

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 03, 2019, 08:00:27 AM
Gary Rowett's free and, at the very least, would absolutely ensure we don't suffer the double relegation some on here are already predicting, as he more than knows his way around the Championship. Might even instil a bit of fight for the rest of this season.

But loved at Burton and Birmingham. I wouldn't say he's the ideal choice, but I doubt we'd fall straight through the Championship with him, even if the football wasn't the most entertaining. Think it's about steadying the ship first - even Slav struggled with that when he first arrived. Plus he's available, so we wouldn't have to spend weeks prising him out of a job, as we did with Slav.

As someone above said, the Cowleys might be good, but they're on a mission at Lincoln and unlikely to leave and we really need someone who can manage the Championship and deal with a bunch of players (those who are left) whose heads will still be in the Premiership and not ready for the Championship and will be 18th after 10 games if someone doesn't get a grip of them.

Personally, I'd also give Stuart Gray a go if we can persuade him - shore up the defence and use the wonderful talent idling in our Academy - Steven Sess, O'Riley, Fossey, de la Torre etc., but I doubt those in charge are thinking that progressively.

If the Cowleys are unavailable, who else do you think we should look at? Lee Johnson, Alex Neil, Gary Monk are other established above average Championship managers that spring to mind, but none completely set the pulse racing.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: davew on February 02, 2019, 08:17:25 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on February 02, 2019, 08:13:39 PM
I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we were looking for a new manager a few seasons ago Hughtons name was mentioned, just before he went to Brighton, but many on FoF did not want him. Oh hindsight is a wonderful thing.

toshes mate

Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on February 03, 2019, 01:11:56 PM

But loved at Burton and Birmingham. I wouldn't say he's the ideal choice, but I doubt we'd fall straight through the Championship with him, even if the football wasn't the most entertaining. Think it's about steadying the ship first - even Slav struggled with that when he first arrived. Plus he's available, so we wouldn't have to spend weeks prising him out of a job, as we did with Slav.

As someone above said, the Cowleys might be good, but they're on a mission at Lincoln and unlikely to leave and we really need someone who can manage the Championship and deal with a bunch of players (those who are left) whose heads will still be in the Premiership and not ready for the Championship and will be 18th after 10 games if someone doesn't get a grip of them.

Personally, I'd also give Stuart Gray a go if we can persuade him - shore up the defence and use the wonderful talent idling in our Academy - Steven Sess, O'Riley, Fossey, de la Torre etc., but I doubt those in charge are thinking that progressively.

If the Cowleys are unavailable, who else do you think we should look at? Lee Johnson, Alex Neil, Gary Monk are other established above average Championship managers that spring to mind, but none completely set the pulse racing.
And even eighteenth may be wishful thinking.  I think the first thing that needs to be done prior to another management change is to sort out recruitment and the business side of FFC, and then work through all the essential other changes that must take place to get us forming a 'united team' once more.

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: toshes mate on February 03, 2019, 01:38:15 PM
Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on February 03, 2019, 01:11:56 PM

And even eighteenth may be wishful thinking.  I think the first thing that needs to be done prior to another management change is to sort out recruitment and the business side of FFC, and then work through all the essential other changes that must take place to get us forming a 'united team' once more.
Haha - I was being optimistic about 18th, but you're dead right - the thing that constantly baffles me is how the grassroots and Academy side of the club can seem so well sorted, yet the rest of it seems to veer between boom and bust so easily and quickly.

A clear identity, a united front from top to bottom, a long term plan, succession planning, clear recruitment plans (and coherent reasons for them) are all things any good business would automatically have in place, but it just looks like lurching from one crisis to the next at the moment. Markovic may turn out to be the second coming of Clint Dempsey, but was he on any plan the club had until about 10pm last Thursday?

hovewhite

Andyb

Stuart grey was at the fulham brighton game

res

Quote from: JoelH5 on February 02, 2019, 07:33:06 PM
Couldn't agree more. Get him in now and start developing a philosophy again. With Cardiff winning tonight we really are in dire straits now. Personally I'm fed up of being fed up due to Fulham. I'm going to give it a break on here and only bother posting on match day until the end of the season.

I can't take any more weekends being ruined!
Couldn't agree more. Get him in now and start developing a philosophy again. With Cardiff winning tonight we really are in dire straits now. Personally I'm fed up of being fed up due to Fulham. I'm going to give it a break on here and only bother posting on match day until the end of the season.

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on February 02, 2019, 07:31:36 PM
Quote from: Nero on February 02, 2019, 07:22:24 PM
Wagner the manager who got promoted with a negative goal difference, no thanks

Totally agree.

We beat them 9-1 over the 2 games in their promotion season, 5-0 at home and 4-1 away. Thought their promotion was a fluke, they must be bad this year being below us and having scored only 5 goals from open play all year. So not Wagner for me.

The Old Count

Quote from: res on February 03, 2019, 04:26:25 PM

Totally agree.

We beat them 9-1 over the 2 games in their promotion season, 5-0 at home and 4-1 away. Thought their promotion was a fluke, they must be bad this year being below us and having scored only 5 goals from open play all year. So not Wagner for me.

With them having spent very little money in the last few seasons unlike us. As I said: maybe we should see what he could do with a few quid behind him.

Nero

Quote from: The Old Count on February 03, 2019, 09:17:06 PM

Totally agree.

With them having spent very little money in the last few seasons unlike us. As I said: maybe we should see what he could do with a few quid behind him.

Theyve spent about 80m since being in the Premier League

The Old Count

Quote from: Nero on February 03, 2019, 10:07:53 PM

Totally agree.

Total net spend of 38 milion euros according to TransferMarket.

Facts Not Fiction

Far, far superior manager to Jokanovic. Have him 100%.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Statto on February 02, 2019, 07:33:37 PM

Agree
They were rubbish and didnt deserve to go up or stay up
Sooo much worse than us under Jokanovic, hence we absolutely spanked them when we played them

A lie. They managed to survive their 1st season.

Statto

Quote from: The Old Count on February 03, 2019, 10:33:17 PM
Quote from: Nero on February 03, 2019, 10:07:53 PM

Totally agree.

Total net spend of 38 milion euros according to TransferMarket.

I'd double check that. I am looking at it now and it has them spending over Eur 100m and only significant sales are Wells and Ince. Think Nero is spot on