watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dan Burn

Started by Spirit of 2000, February 07, 2019, 12:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

Watching the WBA v Brighton match tonight Burn was very impressive. In fact exactly what we need at the back right now. Did we offload him too hastily? He's come on a lot and looks accomplished and dominant at CB

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on February 07, 2019, 12:16:57 AM
Watching the WBA v Brighton match tonight Burn was very impressive. In fact exactly what we need at the back right now. Did we offload him too hastily? He's come on a lot and looks accomplished and dominant at CB

Banter.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on February 07, 2019, 12:16:57 AM

My thoughts exactly.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SG

Looking good against a championship play off team - that is his level at best. His misdirected clearance also gave away the WBA goal

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SG on February 07, 2019, 08:07:18 AM
Looking good against a championship play off team - that is his level at best. His misdirected clearance also gave away the WBA goal

Reminiscent of some of our defending and defenders.

Never forget your Roots.

ron

I thought Dan was impressive too..

...as was Anthony Knockaert, who ran his legs off for the cause. There's a guy we could do with....playing wide, tracking back and giving 100% now recovered from a dark time in his life.

filham

Remember that game Burn had at Man.U. in our relegation season, he was great and won every cross. Wish he was playing for us against Man.U. on Saturday.

nose returns

i quite liked dan and thought he was often unfairly blamed for what wasn't really his fault. I thought he had the makings of a good player and hope things continue to work out for him in the premiership next season, whilst we languish in the lower league.

Two Ton Ted

To be fair Burn played 60 times for us over a number of years and never looked the part of a first choice centre half. Sometimes a move is best for the player and I think that was the case.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: nose on February 07, 2019, 10:15:35 AM
i quite liked dan and thought he was often unfairly blamed for what wasn't really his fault. I thought he had the makings of a good player and hope things continue to work out for him in the premiership next season, whilst we languish in the lower league.

I agree

Never forget your Roots.

SG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 07, 2019, 09:19:23 AM

Agreed which is why he wouldn't be an upgrade

res

Quote from: SG on February 07, 2019, 01:01:46 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 07, 2019, 09:19:23 AM

Agreed which is why he wouldn't be an upgrade

I suspect he would still be vulnerable to a pacey striker, especially in a 1:1 situation...as he was in our Premiership and near relegation from the Championship seasons. Good and honest individual though, but I don't think he will cut it as a first choice centre back in the Premiership. Best of luck to him so hope he proves me wrong. And would I like to see him back in our squad?  Yes if (when) we return to the lower leagues but no if (a mighty if) we stay in the Premiership.

Riversider

Dan Burn and Shaun Hutchinson at centre back would be a huge upgrade on Odoi and Ream.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Riversider on February 07, 2019, 04:32:28 PM
Dan Burn and Shaun Hutchinson at centre back would be a huge upgrade on Odoi and Ream.

Hopefully we will never have to find out, but I believe that we would look even worse. It is of course anyone's guess.

Robbie

Some players fade and some get better. I thought with us he was a bit hapless. Him and Senderos!

Jamie88

How well did we do in 2014/15 when Burn & Hutchinson were our centre back pairing?
How well did we do in 2017/18 when Odoi & Ream were our centre back pairing?

Nero

Quote from: Jamie88 on February 07, 2019, 05:52:32 PM

How well did we do in 2014/15 when Burn & Hutchinson were our centre back pairing?

How well did we do in 2018/2019 with Odoi & Ream as our centre backs?

@jolslover

Is this a joke mate ?
This partnership nearly got us relegated to League 1 haahhah
STH H3

Riversider

FFS, please don't compare Burn and Hutchinson of 2014 with Burn and Hutchinson of today, what a daft comment to make.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Riversider on February 07, 2019, 08:28:33 PM

FFS, please don't compare Burn and Hutchinson of 2014 with Burn and Hutchinson of today, what a daft comment to make.

Bang on