watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sessegnons general demeanour in defensive situations

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, February 22, 2019, 08:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

He really does not look confident at all when trying to do anything defensively.

Watch him in that Diop goal, there is one angle they showed and his face was one of 'fear', and he even had his hands up in a kind of 'ohhhh handbags' manner.

In general he never looks up for going in for a tackle to me,this season anyway. He plays as though he does not want to risk any kind of injury at all.

I think he is a quality player, as a forward, he can look.really quality, silky and with a nice touch, but the kid is never a defensive one

Luka

I think that Sess has been found out.He just doesn't cut it at this pace and skill level.

JoelH5

Quote from: Luka on February 22, 2019, 09:51:24 PM
I think that Sess has been found out at this level. He just doesn't cut it at this pace and skill level.

You're right but you'll be crucified for saying it
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Twig

I'm not sure found out is the right word. Naive and inexperienced yes.  Let's remember he is 18 and people on this board are arguing that Zambo is still young and has time to develop at 23. 

Baszab

I think he's been told not to get injured as there's 50m squid coming in from Spurs later on this year

Sting of the North

I think that Sess has been found out.He just doesn't cut it at this pace and skill level.

He is 18. I don't even know what more to say than that, since it shouldn't be needed in my opinion. Most 18 year olds are fighting for a spot in the under 23s. Sess has been generally holding his own in the PL in one of the worst teams to ever grace this league.

But don't let that get in the way of a good bashing of course.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Baszab on February 22, 2019, 09:58:18 PM
I think he's been told not to get injured as there's 50m squid coming in from Spurs later on this year

I think this is extremely unlikely, and also a real dig at Sess' character, which I find underserved.

Baszab

Not a dig at RS whatsoever if you read my post
It's a dig at the owners

Luka

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 22, 2019, 10:03:58 PM

He is 18. I don't even know what more to say than that, since it shouldn't be needed in my opinion. Most 18 year olds are fighting for a spot in the under 23s. Sess has been generally holding his own in the PL in one of the worst teams to ever grace this league.

And therefore maybe the under 23's is where he needs to be for a while longer because at PL level he is just not cutting it.

fulhamfever

NOBODY defended well from a corner today, it's grassroots defending. I swear the whole Fulham defence should be charged with Fraud.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Baszab on February 22, 2019, 10:08:31 PM
Not a dig at RS whatsoever if you read my post
It's a dig at the owners

I mean the implication that Sess would actually avoid contact because someone told him he will be sold. What else could your post have meant? Maybe you meant it as a dig at the owners, but it would only work if Sess agreed.

bobby01

He is 18, had 2 great years, now working for a manager that is making it clear he does not rate him. At his age that must be hard to deal with. He will come good again I am sure.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Ah. So now it's the turn of seas. Everyone else has been slaughtered, so we turn on our best player who is 18.
At 18 I was still learning to wrestle the python and not play in the premiership. Give the kid a break.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Sting of the North

Quote from: Luka on February 22, 2019, 10:10:15 PM

And therefore maybe the under 23's is where he needs to be for a while longer because at PL level he is just not cutting it.

I just disagree. I don't base my judgment on one game, and as I wrote I think that he in general has held his own. I feel no need to hyperbolic bashing of a player because I am disappointed over a result.

Mince n Tatties

Not a hope in hell of anyone paying that sort of money,or even contemplating buying him.

the nutflush

With performances like tonight's his value is rapidly plummeting.  This is going to sound a little crazy... but we are cooked this season.  I think we should bench him and cash in for as much as we can.  We all know he's leaving so its about getting the maximum value for him.

Mince n Tatties

Put this he is only 18 sh+t to bed,there been younger players than him performed at the highest level,and got better with it.
Tinkerman was right about one thing,he is weak and needs to harden up,looked a scared rabbit at times.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Luka on February 22, 2019, 10:10:15 PM

Give him a break, Ryan Sessegnon is coming back from a groin strain in the hardest league in the world on a big field. When fit (i mean super fit) he clearly makes up for a lot of defensive errors by running like a manic. Before his injury, he has had good games against Southampton and Leciester proving his long-term future is at this level, but unsuprisingly for a young bloke he doesn't seem to do well when not 100% fit (unlike FFC other wingers that seem to have mastered the art of playing ok while being unfit).

Sting of the North

Quote from: the nutflush on February 22, 2019, 10:18:07 PM

With performances like tonight's his value is rapidly plummeting.  This is going to sound a little crazy... but we are cooked this season.  I think we should bench him and cash in for as much as we can.  We all know he's leaving so its about getting the maximum value for him.

Luckily, most scouting teams are a bit more well rounded than the general football fan when it comes to assessing a players value. If Sess plays well or not for he rest of the season will not have a huge impact on his valuation, since all have already seen plenty (both good and bad) to form an opinion.

At least that is how I see it.