watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stuart Gray

Started by JoelH5, February 28, 2019, 08:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

Great news ... Slav shot himself in the foot getting rid of him tbh.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on February 28, 2019, 10:02:04 PM
Great news ... Slav shot himself in the foot getting rid of him tbh.

Would that be the passing and set plays foot?

HV71

Good news - sound coach

flyingfish

Please can someone explain to me the obsession with Stuart Gray? Our defence was poo last year as well.

Statto

Quote from: MJG on February 28, 2019, 09:49:14 PM
Quote from: brightster on February 28, 2019, 08:58:08 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 28, 2019, 08:29:32 PM
"they" should never have got rid of him in the first place....he should be kept on a long term contract.... he's probably come in to coach the defence.....good move

Who do you mean "they"?, it must have been Slav, can't see anyone else getting rid of him.
Slav did not want Gray to have his contract renewed and that's why he left the club.
Slav got rid of gray, Slav wanted Jozabed, and Slav can't get a new job because no one will give him the level of control he wants... i'm sticking my neck out a bit here but I'm going to speculate that you got all those bits of 'inside info' from the same source...

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Statto on February 28, 2019, 11:00:58 PM
"they" should never have got rid of him in the first place....he should be kept on a long term contract.... he's probably come in to coach the defence.....good move

Who do you mean "they"?, it must have been Slav, can't see anyone else getting rid of him.
Slav did not want Gray to have his contract renewed and that's why he left the club.
Slav got rid of gray, Slav wanted Jozabed, and Slav can't get a new job because no one will give him the level of control he wants... i'm sticking my neck out a bit here but I'm going to speculate that you got all those bits of 'inside info' from the same source...
It would be interesting to know whose decision it was to get rid of Gray and the goal keeping coach who recommended Fabri?
Quark, strangeness and charm

MJG

Couple of different places, meetings and people. Your reply and someone else yesterday goes back to a post I made last week.
Everything Slav touched was gold and everything else was crap or others you don't like make the decision.
I liked Slav, wanted him to stay, stuck with wanting him to stay on the two other occasions people wanted out. But he wasn't perfect and this I felt at the time was an error on his part.
Just the views of a long term fan

hovewhite

Brilliant, welcome back Stuart .

Woolly Mammoth

It's definitely a good result getting Stuart Gray back.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

Quote from: MJG on March 01, 2019, 06:13:05 AM

Couple of different places, meetings and people. Your reply and someone else yesterday goes back to a post I made last week.
Everything Slav touched was gold and everything else was crap or others you don't like make the decision.
I liked Slav, wanted him to stay, stuck with wanting him to stay on the two other occasions people wanted out. But he wasn't perfect and this I felt at the time was an error on his part.
All I see is a number of odd stories, along the common theme of reflecting poorly on Jokanovic, coming from a source I know to be closely connected with the club, ie closely connected to people who probably dislike Jokanovic and have a motive for diverting blame onto him rather than themselves. It isn't thinking everything Jokanovic touched turning to gold, or necessarily saying anyone is wrong or lying, just questioning people who have means, motive and opportunity

MJG

Quote from: Statto on March 01, 2019, 07:40:47 AM

All I see is a number of odd stories, along the common theme of reflecting poorly on Jokanovic, coming from a source I know to be closely connected with the club, ie closely connected to people who probably dislike Jokanovic and have a motive for diverting blame onto him rather than themselves. It isn't thinking everything Jokanovic touched turning to gold, or necessarily saying anyone is wrong or lying, just questioning people who have means, motive and opportunity to attack him
One place in wrting is Trust Notes from November meeting and while not in that meeting the same thing was said in July meeting I was at.

COACHING CHANGES

The Trust raised queries about the number of members of Slavisa Jokanovic's coaching staff who have left the Club since the start of the season. AM said that all of these decisions were taken by Jokanovic himself and that this was an indication of the head coach taking steps to try and improve the team's performances. He denied that any internal process had been placed on Jokanovic to make these changes and that many of them involved difficult personal decisions for him.

EDIT: At both times SJ was still in post

Statto

Well that is exactly the kind of source I would treat with extreme suspicion for a number of reasons!!

MJG

Quote from: Statto on March 01, 2019, 07:45:21 AM
Well that is exactly the kind of source I would treat with extreme suspicion for a number of reasons!!
So that in meetings and I have said from elsewhere as well.

I know in your mind what you want to be true is the Khans sacked Gray, put Parker in his place and told Slav to suck it up, then the board sacked his GK coach and then his stats guy and replaced them while all the time a man like Slav just lets them get on with it. You can belive that if you like.

Tell me if they had sacked Gray he seems happy enough to come back and work for them again...oh wait someone will answer MONEY, ok fair enough there is no right or wrong answer, only the answer you want it to be.

malc

I Ronic

Quote from: MJG on March 01, 2019, 07:52:47 AM

I know in your mind what you want to be true is the Khans sacked Gray, put Parker in his place and told Slav to suck it up, then the board sacked his GK coach and then his stats guy and replaced them while all the time a man like Slav just lets them get on with it. You can belive that if you like.

Tell me if they had sacked Gray he seems happy enough to come back and work for them again...oh wait someone will answer MONEY, ok fair enough there is no right or wrong answer, only the answer you want it to be.

Was he sacked? I thought his contract wasn't renewed. As MJG says he seems happy enough to come back. Would you go back to a job you were sacked, worked for the same people and risked it all happening again?

MJG

Quote from: I Ronic on March 01, 2019, 08:03:41 AM

Was he sacked? I thought his contract wasn't renewed. As MJG says he seems happy enough to come back. Would you go back to a job you were sacked, worked for the same people and risked it all happening again?
I used sacked, but yes his contract was up and sorry to say it was not renewed. But back now and at least we have someone who was around on that great May day to try and help Scott get things back on track.

HV71

Whatever the ins and outs I am delighted he is back as he is a well respected coach.

toshes mate

For sure nobody is perfect and humans are so flawed it is wonder we ever survived this long as a species.  My regard about hearsay is what I responded to you recently on another thread which is if you were not present at the actual event then whatever you are told is hearsay, an anecdotal account.  Anecdotes are not evidence.  Think about the last controversial football incident you witnessed alongside thousands of others and there will be several conflicting witness statements if you bothered to research for them.  The person who sacked Gray was the person who didn't extend his contract and I do not believe SJ was ever in charge of contracts.  Was SJ asked about Gray's contract and, if so, how was the question framed? = e.g. you can have either (a) or (b) but you cannot have both, perhaps.  You are on dangerous ground stating 'facts' without chapter and verse.   

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on March 01, 2019, 08:40:13 AM
For sure nobody is perfect and humans are so flawed it is wonder we ever survived this long as a species.  My regard about hearsay is what I responded to you recently on another thread which is if you were not present at the actual event then whatever you are told is hearsay, an anecdotal account.  Anecdotes are not evidence.  Think about the last controversial football incident you witnessed alongside thousands of others and there will be several conflicting witness statements if you bothered to research for them.  The person who sacked Gray was the person who didn't extend his contract and I do not believe SJ was ever in charge of contracts.  Was SJ asked about Gray's contract and, if so, how was the question framed? = e.g. you can have either (a) or (b) but you cannot have both, perhaps.  You are on dangerous ground stating 'facts' without chapter and verse.
Are you going to ask everyone on here to produce an affidavit on here when they give an answer to a question posed? maybe the FOF terms of use should be changed?
As I say below "there is no right or wrong answer, only the answer you want it to be."

Statto

I know in your mind what you want to be true is...

You would do well not to be so patronising and dismissive (including to toshes mate above) .

All I am doing is treating the narrative pushed by the club with caution where they've on obvious motive to lie or mislead, which is the same approach I take to anyone in any walk of life.

You on the other hand may be a very shrewd person generally but when it comes to the club you will swallow what they tell you. I've no doubt if they told you to transfer some money to an account in Nigeria to claim your winnings in the state lottery you'd do it.

Perhaps if/when they give you the ultimate mugging in a couple of weeks by announcing that the riverside development isn't going ahead, you'll reconsider that approach.