watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gone, Parker Appointed Caretaker Manager

Started by ALG01, February 28, 2019, 04:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

So pleased with the appointment of Parker, good to have someone in charge with a full English experience and a Fulham playing.
He is being refered to as the Caretaker Manager, should it be Caretaker Coach.

Not expecting a sudden change of results but at least hoping for some good fighting performances with a few more corners and shots on target.

Good luck Scotty you have my 100% support.

Luka

Quote from: Asotosyios on February 28, 2019, 04:56:02 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on February 28, 2019, 04:52:37 PM
Have I got it wrong or is their a dig at Slav there as well.

I thought the same thing.

I hope Slav told him to do one when he asked him to come back.
Second thoughts,  I'd have preferred he just came back !!

toshes mate

As pathetic a statement as I have read from Khan with no acknowledgement that a man he and his son actively pursued as being 'better' than Jokanovic actually proved to be much, much worse.  His first step should be to get himself a decent PR person, someone who can actually communicate with genuine Fulham fans as supporters of the team and not treat them as supporters of the Khan clan.  He and his son have failed to deliver time and time again. He is supposed to be selling a highly prized product to FFC supporters and yet in the six years of his tenure he has failed to identify successful managers (including caretakers) 88% of the time.  That is not a clever record to have by anyone's account.

I have no gripes about Parker's appointment as caretaker since I can see that Khan didn't want it to end this way (unlike his treatment of Jokanovic) and so nobody was lined up.  I give Parker my wholehearted support for the rest of the season and hope that he can rescue something worthwhile from the wreckage.  He wouldn't be my natural choice and I still question his original appointment, but if we can get Gray back to assist in the recovery then I'd see that as a real positive. 

boplogic

I think SK's share-the-blame dig was an acknowledgement that his son's performance hasn't been up to the role Tony's been gifted.

Shahid Khan didn't get where he is by being oblivious to the needs of his business ventures.

I can understand the nepotistic urge but in the face of demonstrable and repeated failure, I think it's likely that SK will have already sat his son down and very rationally and comprehensively made clear the need for a change in Tony's Fulham responsibilities.

Create space.  Run into space.

AnOldBrownie

Dude...Stuart Gray too? He needed to come back.

A WIN-WIN  scenario baby.

I still don't care about wins in the last 9 games.

Beautiful football and improve the damn defence.

Build for a great year in the championship next season,  then come back up the following season.

MikeW

So many cynics on here ... give Parker a go, Gray is a bonus, get behind them both - you never know!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Woolly Mammoth

Yes, good luck to Scott Parker and Stuart Gray.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

One aspect of this is that the crowd will really be up for it on Sunday. Also a plus is that Parker has been working with the team so doesn't have to get to know the squad.

Dixie

Quote from: Burt on February 28, 2019, 07:45:00 PM
Glad the change has been made. We were going nowhere with Claudio. We still may be heading back down, but hopefully with a bit more fight and style than we've been seeing recently.

Good luck Scott! Behind you all the way.

my thoughts exactly!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

sunburywhite

I wonder if we will get the Chris Coleman bounce because he still knows the squad and they respect him as a former skipper
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

YoungsBitter

Quote from: filham on February 28, 2019, 08:18:07 PM
So pleased with the appointment of Parker, good to have someone in charge with a full English experience and a Fulham playing.
He is being refered to as the Caretaker Manager, should it be Caretaker Coach.

When Rainieri appointed he was appointed as Manager, I wondered on twitter at the time if that meant he had more control than Slavisa who was Head Coach, Tony Khan quickly informed me that he was still fully in charge of recruitment and that the tw, Slav and CR, were the same role.
Quark, strangeness and charm

HobGoblin

Quote from: john dempsey on February 28, 2019, 05:16:12 PM
if he is caretaker what is he doing in a tracksuit
surely he should have a brown overall and a broom.

Now this is brill /salute

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: john dempsey on February 28, 2019, 05:16:12 PM
if he is caretaker what is he doing in a tracksuit
surely he should have a brown overall and a broom.

The brown overall and broom is made to measure for Khan Junior.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.