watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

For the next 10 games can we please...

Started by Matt10, March 01, 2019, 01:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt10

Drop the Tony Khan jabs? He has nothing to do with what we're about to embark on in the next 10 games. Nothing. Just like the passion and belief talks of Ranieri, the content has brought numbness - and is now a borderline cliche.

It is not a transfer window.

We are not signing any new players.

We've sacked the manager.

We've replaced the manager with a caretaker manager.

What is about to happen is purely on how our CURRENT PLAYERS & COACHES perform. Whether we like it or not, these are the players we have. That is the reality we are in. Complaining about Tony Khan each week means you do not believe in the players we have, as if they need to keep being reminded that they aren't good enough from their fans.

So instead of the mind-numbing dross about things in the past, let's focus on what actually happens on the pitch. Let's get behind Scott Parker and the entire team of players who choose to wear the shirt. We will have PLENTY of time after the season is over to flood this place with hindsight posts and Tony Khan hashtags.

AnOldBrownie

082.gif
:plus one:

It ain't about the wins.   It's about building toward something that we'll see the fruits of within the next two - three seasons.

St Eve

The Rational Fan

If FFC lose home and away to Cardiff this season, people are entitled to think we didn't buy good enough players, but I struggle with that explanation alone. For me, this squad is at least good enough to be well ahead of Cardiff this stage of the season.

Our Squad with International Players 1) Spain, 2) Netherlands, 3) England u21, 4) Belgium, 5) England, 6) England, 7) Germany, 8) Ivory Coast, 9) Serbia, 10) Scotland, 11) Netherlands, 12) England-GK, 13) Ireland-FB, 14) USA-CB, 15) Scotland-DM, 16) Cameroon-CM, 17) Serbia-RW, 18) Ex-Argentian u20 plus other players like 19) ex-Spain u20-GK, 20) England u19-RB, 21) Norway-CB, 22) Guinea-CM 23) Congo-AM, 24) Togo-LW, 25) USA-RW plus 26) MLM, 27) Bryan with before Xmas 28) Norway Captain and 29) Kamara.

love4ffc

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 01, 2019, 04:43:41 AM
If FFC lose home and away to Cardiff this season, people are entitled to think we didn't buy good enough players, but I struggle with that explanation alone. For me, this squad is at least good enough to be well ahead of Cardiff this stage of the season.

Our Squad with International Players 1) Spain, 2) Netherlands, 3) England u21, 4) Belgium, 5) England, 6) England, 7) Germany, 8) Ivory Coast, 9) Serbia, 10) Scotland, 11) Netherlands, 12) England-GK, 13) Ireland-FB, 14) USA-CB, 15) Scotland-DM, 16) Cameroon-CM, 17) Serbia-RW, 18) Ex-Argentian u20 plus other players like ex-Spain u20, England u19, Norway, Congo, Togo, Guinea plus MLM and Bryan with Johason and Kamara before Xmas.
Would agree with this.  People are entitled to think we didn't buy good enough players.  I think the fact are though that Slav was not given enough time to get them settled.  We all knew Slav struggles to find his best XI in the beginning of the season.  It also did not help that the tinkerman just kept tinkering so there was absolutely no chance of the players getting any kind of cohesion. 

Hindsight and all that, blah blah.  We need to move forward and just get behind Scotty  049:gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: love4ffc on March 01, 2019, 04:54:13 AM

Our Squad with International Players 1) Spain, 2) Netherlands, 3) England u21, 4) Belgium, 5) England, 6) England, 7) Germany, 8) Ivory Coast, 9) Serbia, 10) Scotland, 11) Netherlands, 12) England-GK, 13) Ireland-FB, 14) USA-CB, 15) Scotland-DM, 16) Cameroon-CM, 17) Serbia-RW, 18) Ex-Argentian u20 plus other players like ex-Spain u20, England u19, Norway, Congo, Togo, Guinea plus MLM and Bryan with Johason and Kamara before Xmas.
Would agree with this.  People are entitled to think we didn't buy good enough players.  I think the fact are though that Slav was not given enough time to get them settled.  We all knew Slav struggles to find his best XI in the beginning of the season.  It also did not help that the tinkerman just kept tinkering so there was absolutely no chance of the players getting any kind of cohesion. 

Hindsight and all that, blah blah.  We need to move forward and just get behind Scotty  049:gif

I agree, but I think Slavisa would have taken 2-3 months in the Championship to get this team settled and 7-9 months in the Premier League. Unless Slavisa was prepared to commit to going down with this squad and bring them back up again, then he had to go.

A long-term Slavisa contract would be FFC's best option, but he wasn't a great short-term option. Raneri was great short-term option, but a quick fix guy wasn't enough with this squad in the toughest domestic league in the world.

For me the lesson is you need to get promoted with a settled backline good enough to survive the premier league, I think if we keep these players (Betts, S.Sess, Nordveidt, Mawson, MLM and Bryan) we will be close to good enough. In FFCs last year of parchate payments we did the right thing, which was just get promoted and work out how to stay up in premier league once there.

Now we have more money to work on a two-three year plan to stay in premier league and the backline is key (especially Centre Backs as I think these take longest to get settled).

hovewhite

Guys we can't change the past,we can help change the future with total support for scotty and the players coyw

Twig

To the OP, you may consider discussions about past failings to be "mind numbing dross" and you are entitled to that opinion. I beg to differ and have equal right to my view.
Where I take exception is your faulty logic that concludes that complaining about TK means we do not believe in the players.

hovewhite

Quote from: Twig on March 01, 2019, 11:56:32 AM
To the OP, you may consider discussions about past failings to be "mind numbing dross" and you are entitled to that opinion. I beg to differ and have equal right to my view.
Where I take exception is your faulty logic that concludes that complaining about TK means we do not believe in the players.
I still blame the Khan's for this mess the clubs in!!

Jamie88

Why do more and more people keep saying things such as "can we please stop saying x".
Everyone is entitled to their own view, and yes, some people like to bang on about the same things often and a lot, but who are you to tell someone what they can and can't say on an open forum?

ALG01

Quote from: Matt10 on March 01, 2019, 01:26:13 AM
Drop the Tony Khan jabs? He has nothing to do with what we're about to embark on in the next 10 games. Nothing. Just like the passion and belief talks of Ranieri, the content has brought numbness - and is now a borderline cliche.

It is not a transfer window.

We are not signing any new players.

We've sacked the manager.

We've replaced the manager with a caretaker manager.

What is about to happen is purely on how our CURRENT PLAYERS & COACHES perform. Whether we like it or not, these are the players we have. That is the reality we are in. Complaining about Tony Khan each week means you do not believe in the players we have, as if they need to keep being reminded that they aren't good enough from their fans.

So instead of the mind-numbing dross about things in the past, let's focus on what actually happens on the pitch. Let's get behind Scott Parker and the entire team of players who choose to wear the shirt. We will have PLENTY of time after the season is over to flood this place with hindsight posts and Tony Khan hashtags.

I do understand the request but unfortunately i cannot comply with your not unreasonable request.
What is about to happen now is fundamentally still a function of what TK has done or not done. Sure the players have underwhelmed and it is a chance for them to put things right and I for one am happy to wipe the slate clean and give everyone, and I mean everyone , a second chance.

Providing Parker can motivate and inspire and pick a formation that suits the squad and w perform to our best, that is all we can ask. But however good that may be, the crime that was and seems to be remaining as our transfer policy, needs to be discussed over and over. the banner at the Saints game, well it clearly hurt the owner. and he needs to be reminded how let down we feel, so sorry I will be continuing.

The Rock

Quote from: hovewhite on March 01, 2019, 11:59:59 AM
Quote from: Twig on March 01, 2019, 11:56:32 AM
I still blame the Khan's for this mess the clubs in!!

As do I and it doesn't mean we don't support Scotty and the team. One can continue to bash TK for recruitment at will as the facts have not changed, have they?

The Rock

Just cuz many of these players are internationals doesn't make them the right player or players for OUR team.

It doesn't make them the wrong player either. Again, when you don't buy PL defenders even Messi won't keep us up.

Woolly Mammoth

Great responses by people more elequant than myself to the OPs astonishing demands.
Sounds like a control freak to me.
I for one do not need to be lectured on what I can or cannot post on this board, providing of course I do not breach any rules or guidelines, this is not a communist country if I am to understand correctly.
If you do not like what you read, either debate in a civilised manner or ignore and move on.
This issue with the recruitment is cause for concern, and whilst the club sit on their hands and are seen to not do anything, then this debate will continue with the same passion as it started with.
So please no more holier than thou lectures requesting or suggesting or instructing us to withhold our opinions because it does not suit your agenda.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

Quote from: love4ffc on March 01, 2019, 04:54:13 AM

Agree with this

Nonetheless, as we suffer the last few months of an utterly miserable and totally avoidable relegation process, I think it ridiculous to suggest we shouldn't discuss the persons/processes most to blame, particularly when those persons/ processes remain intact and will continue to hinder us going forward

Oakeshott

"Drop the Tony Khan jabs? He has nothing to do with what we're about to embark on in the next 10 games."

That is a very narrow view. He has everything to do with the fact that our new manager (to whom we all wish every success) is facing ten Premiership games with a defence which would struggle in the Championship.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Matt10 on March 01, 2019, 01:26:13 AM
Drop the Tony Khan jabs? He has nothing to do with what we're about to embark on in the next 10 games. Nothing.

He doesn't? Ah. Okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll email the club to let them know that the 'Head of Recruitment' section of their website needs updating.

It must have been Santa Claus, Jurgen Klopp or Alex Ferguson that left all three managers with a lop-sided and ill equipped squad (whilst side-stepping all the blame and having numpties defend them). My mistake.

filham

OK I accept that to keep knocking young Khan and our recruitment methods right now is not going to help the team, so for the next ten matches I will try to concentrate just on team matters, we now have to hope that somehow Scott Parker will take us down with a few fighting performances under our belt.

Come the end of the season though we will all have a lot to say about both the appointment of the next permanent manager and recruitment because we really don't want a repeat of last summer.

Twig

Quote from: filham on March 01, 2019, 06:42:30 PM
OK I accept that to keep knocking young Khan and our recruitment methods right now is not going to help the team, so for the next ten matches I will try to concentrate just on team matters, we now have to hope that somehow Scott Parker will take us down with a few fighting performances under our belt.

Come the end of the season though we will all have a lot to say about both the appointment of the next permanent manager and recruitment because we really don't want a repeat of last summer.

I will, reluctantly, agree the same.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 01, 2019, 01:32:25 PM
Great responses by people more elequant than myself to the OPs astonishing demands.
Sounds like a control freak to me.
I for one do not need to be lectured on what I can or cannot post on this board, providing of course I do not breach any rules or guidelines, this is not a communist country if I am to understand correctly.
If you do not like what you read, either debate in a civilised manner or ignore and move on.
This issue with the recruitment is cause for concern, and whilst the club sit on their hands and are seen to not do anything, then this debate will continue with the same passion as it started with.
So please no more holier than thou lectures requesting or suggesting or instructing us to withhold our opinions because it does not suit your agenda.
100% agree WM. Anyone would think MOMENTUM were running things here... don't say this, don't mention that, we are not in North Korea are we??
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"