more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So the Riverside Stand is going ahead.

Started by fcfulham55, March 14, 2019, 06:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: west kowloon white on May 22, 2019, 07:36:33 PM
Never before has so much egg been seen on so many faces. Smug.

I would love to know the number of posters who've recently asserted on here that the Riverside stand wouldn't get built (I'm guessing about two, and personally can't recall seeing any) versus the number of posters who asserted on here last August that Tony Khan had done a great job (I'm guessing about 50). I suspect, despite the belief (or at least, the desperate hopes) of some, actually today's announcement delivers very little egg on very few faces.

The Enclosurite

Serious question (hopefully can get at least one serious answer lol).... does anybody genuinely know what the great big hole in the roof of the stand is for?
¡COYW!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: The Enclosurite on May 22, 2019, 09:05:36 PM
Serious question (hopefully can get at least one serious answer lol).... does anybody genuinely know what the great big hole in the roof of the stand is for?

Let the Air in....Sorry😟

Woolly Mammoth

The serious answer is that they are going install a Chimney on it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

PhilEsh

Quote from: The Enclosurite on May 22, 2019, 09:05:36 PM

It will probably be for mechanical plant. Air handling units, chillers and boilers for heating/cooling etc...

Camel Club

Wow. The image on the club website looks absolutely stunning. Brings a lump to the throat if I'm honest because of what these plans represent for the future of our club for generations to come.

I look at that image today and think back to that game against Walsall in 1987 when the world was left in no doubt how important  Fulham Football Club was to it's supporters; when the very survival of Fulham FC was at stake. Then I think about all we have been so lucky to have witnessed over the last 30+ years (the promotions, Premier League football, an FA Cup semi, reaching the UEFA Cup, The Great Escape, the Europa League run and Final and the win at Wembley). There have of course been some real lows during that period but I wonder when people talk about the highs and lows of football if supporters of any other club have experienced the extremes we have.

A big heartfelt "Thank You" to Mr Khan. Despite the disappointment of last season the future of our wonderful club looks very bright indeed.

Fulham1959

Quote from: west kowloon white on May 22, 2019, 07:36:33 PM
Never before has so much egg been seen on so many faces. Smug.

My thoughts exactly !