News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So how do we start the rebuilding of the team for Championship?

Started by alfulham, April 06, 2019, 01:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfulham

This is my recommendation and everyone will have their own options.
Apart from change in management and possibly change in manager I would like to start from the following. 

1. GOALKEEPER: The current keepers are not I would take to the Championship apart from Betts. We do however need an experience English  goalkeeper with a commanding presence. Someone who can take control in the box and know where his defenders are. There are a few good one's around and we may have to spend a little to get him.

2. LEFT BACK: I think C.Christie, can do the job but I would welcome another addition. Someone in the mould of Fredrick's with pace.

3. RIGHT BACK: If J.Bryan stays then he will be very good at this level. I would bring younger brother of R.Sessegnon moved to the first team. I don't think this is enough but open to suggestions.

4. DEFENDERS: D.Odoi, A Mawson( if stays), T Ream, Max L Marchand, H. Nordveit. I think this is a very strong set of defenders and we do not need to buy another.

5. MIDFIELD: T. Carney, Z Anguissa ( if he stays), K. Macdonald ( limited use as getting slower).L. Markovic, ( I think he will do very well in this league). J Seri ( don't think he will be with us long as he has ambitions elsewhere.) S. Johansen if he comes back.
I would buy Freedman from QPR ( he has played in this league for sometime and knows it well, creates many chances + scores goals)
We need direct pacy players and would look to Joe Lolley or Jack Colback from Forest.

6 FORWARDS:A Mitrovic ( love to see him stay with us but not sure he will) R. Babel. F Ayite, A Kamara. We also need two young pacy wingers.

Just a provoking thought, suggestions welcome.

Southcoastffc

Think you've got your left and right backs a bit mixed? Christie is RB, Bryan LB and S Sess is, I believe, RB.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

JimOG

We need two centre backs that can dominate in our area and frighten the opposition at set pieces. I'd try to acquire Scott Dann from Palace . Both he and Mawson could be intimidating (if a little slow). If Zambo stays, which I hope, we could have Rodak/Betts, S.Sessegnon/Fossey, Dann, Mawson, Bryan + Zambo - a very good start. Sadly I wouldn't have Tim Ream now nor, probably MLM - neither aggressive enough. If Cairney stays it musn't be as captain. The latter sets the tone and Cairney's lack of physicality seems to permeate through the side.
If Mitro stays, which I'd be shocked at but very pleased, we'll need a really good winger. If not we're looking at 5ish forwards to find before we start to call on Kebano/Ayite etc.

We really do need a culture change - we're too nice - and this should be one of the new categories TK should factor in to his very flawed analytics.

I Ronic

I think we rebuild over two seasons and go for it in the third season with a team used to playing together and not made up of so many loanies. Our down fall this year has been almost the same as when Sanchez brought in so many new players. If it hadn't been for Roy we would of gone down.

JimmyConway

4. Defenders very strong I disagree entirely here. One or two keep as cover perhaps.

The Rational Fan

1. GOALKEEPER (9.5/10): To choose between Fabri, Betts and Rodak in the Championship is any goalkeeping coaches dream. All of them have Truly Loved by one team they played for. Although, Fabri is the best for me conceeding less than a goal game in his last 68 league games and 2x Turkish League Goalkeeper of the Year (16/17 and 17/18), plus famous for putting his head near players boots.

2. RIGHT BACK (8.0/10): Another position that is hard to choose between Christie, S. Sess, Odoi, Fossey, Dramah and Cisse. A few potential PFA Right-Backs of the Season, but also unknown, so if they all fail we know Odoi can do a decent job in this position until the winter transfer window.

3. LEFT BACK (8.5/10): Joe Bryan deserves his chance at this position, but other options include MLM, Odoi, Ream and S.Sess. Most likely, will not be the strength it was in 17/18, but a heap of decent options at least until winter transfer window.

4. CENTRE BACKS: (7.5/10): Mawson is class CB and the other are all decent including MLM, Ream, Odoi and S.Sess. I'd be looking for another centre back long-term that is good in the air, but we can survive with these players until winter transfer window.

5. CENTRAL MIDFIELD (9.0/10): McDonald, Anguissa, Seri, Cairney, Cisse, Edun, Johason and Riley is another dream combination, which could ever be strengthened if we buy Nordveidt as a utility player. If some of these click, we will be selling in this position over the next year. Although, I would keep them all until three standout as starters with two decent reserves left too.

6 WINGERS (5.5/10):  No one seems to know who is staying or going or whose fit in this position. Players include Sess, Markovoic, Babel, Schullre, Atyie, Kebano, Kamara, Torres and Elliott. This is where the most work is required over the summer, i'd suggest some permanants and lot of loans. We cannot survive with poor players until the winter transfer window in this position.

7 STRIKERS (7.5/10): Mitrovic is great 12/10 but depth with Kamara and Fonte is a major problem. We need another striker or two on loan as cover for Mitro. A number of teams will have low blocks in the Championship, its a unique striker required to unlock that.

davew

Think you have been over generous with your marks out of 10, all of them!! Having conceded 76 goals in 33 games, how can our defenders including goalkeepers receive marks of between 7.5 and 9.5?  1500.gif
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Twig

Defo got the LB & RBs mixed up  and I would debate some of the OP's views. However, I see little point in all this whilst TK is still in post.  First change for me is to appoint a new, experienced and fully competent  Director of Football.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: davew on April 08, 2019, 07:24:42 AM
Think you have been over generous with your marks out of 10, all of them!! Having conceded 76 goals in 33 games, how can our defenders including goalkeepers receive marks of between 7.5 and 9.5?  1500.gif

I'd rate the defensive players between 7.5 and 9.5 in the Championship, but 5.5 and 7.5 in the premier league; plus I drop another 2.5 points for teamwork this season; placing them between 3.0 and 5.0 marks. And I think Rico is the worst choice other goalkeepers are better.

The real question is will the 2.5 points drop for defensive teamwork improve, FFC defense is a mess but they are all good championship players. The defensive unit is non-existent, we look like a bunch of individually gifted players combined, they need more time together.

bill taylors apprentice

Some on here seem to think we can retain whoever we wish to keep despite  relegation.

There is some history of the Khans resisting offers for our 'star' players in the recent past so maybe the likes of S Sess, Mitro etc will stay.

Most importantly, we need to act fast and get the squad sorted in double quick time otherwise we are making things hard for ourselves yet again!

Balham Boy

Right now the only starters for next season Betts, Bryan, Mawson, Ayite, Anguissa, Cairney, (not convinced he will stay, but definitely not as captain), Sess (if he signs a new contract rather than running down his contract and leaving on a free).

Mitro, Seri, Fabri, Kamara, MLM (poor) will be sold.

Schullre, Vietto, Rico, Markovoic, Fosu-Mensah and Babel are all loans or short-term contracts and will return to their clubs or find a better payday.

Christie, Odoi, Ream, Kebano, McDonald and Cisse decent squad players.

My mate who regularly watches U23s tells me that none of the players mentioned apart from Fossey are anywhere near first team football.

Agreed on new Director of football and new Manager (Parker is a good coach but we need a more experienced, tougher manager).

filham

We really need to know who will be staying and leaving before we can think of a team for next season.
In particular are Sess, Cairney , Anguissi and Mitrovic going to be with us, I suspect not and we will have to find replacements.

Mawson could stay but it is essential that we have two really good centre backs, I watched the Brighton cup semi final against City and wished we had a couple at centre back like Duffy and Dunk.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: Balham Boy on April 08, 2019, 10:18:07 AM
Right now the only starters for next season Betts, Bryan, Mawson, Ayite, Anguissa, Cairney, (not convinced he will stay, but definitely not as captain), Sess (if he signs a new contract rather than running down his contract and leaving on a free).

Mitro, Seri, Fabri, Kamara, MLM (poor) will be sold.

Schullre, Vietto, Rico, Markovoic, Fosu-Mensah and Babel are all loans or short-term contracts and will return to their clubs or find a better payday.

Christie, Odoi, Ream, Kebano, McDonald and Cisse decent squad players.

My mate who regularly watches U23s tells me that none of the players mentioned apart from Fossey are anywhere near first team football.

Agreed on new Director of football and new Manager (Parker is a good coach but we need a more experienced, tougher manager).

Was waiting for this. I agree.

There are a lot heading for the door this summer. People are being optimistic / feel we should force players to honor contracts.

Schurrle, if rumours are true, has already left the club.

Babel has offers to move back to Turkey (again rumours)

The only short term i can see maybe staying is Markovic (no idea what kind of standard he can play. I've only seen stuff from Serbian football).

With regards to Mitro i love him, but the transfer whispers are already starting. The Express (probably fiction) reporting £50m and £300k a week for a move to China!

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1110850/Fulham-star-Aleksandar-Mitrovic-50m-China-Chinese-Super-League

N_O_W_S

Quote from: filham on April 08, 2019, 11:04:50 AM
We really need to know who will be staying and leaving before we can think of a team for next season.
In particular are Sess, Cairney , Anguissi and Mitrovic going to be with us, I suspect not and we will have to find replacements.

Mawson could stay but it is essential that we have two really good centre backs, I watched the Brighton cup semi final against City and wished we had a couple at centre back like Duffy and Dunk.

I think Mawson, Cairney and Anguissa stay for the following:

- Mawson: Injury disrupted season. I dont think a club will come in with an offer that could convince the Club to sell (make investment back)
- Cairney: Hasnt set the world on fire (1 assist 1 goal i think). Again, the interest from West Ham in particular has probably declined a little, particular following Shearer's review on MOTD.
- Anguissa: Similar to Mawson, plus i can see him becoming key for the club. I think he looks decent and hopefully a year in the Champ with majority of starts throughout the season he can develop quickly into something special DMF wise.